Do people in Baltimore dress like those in The Wire?

Originally Posted by HARM

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

HARM wrote:

DMV WAS CREATED BY THE *%@%*$$ OUTCAST AND REJECTS OF DC ...

its crazy how i belive this but at the same time i consider baltimore to be a part of the dmv because its in maryland.

its called the DMV yet each state doesnt want to be associated with the next........its truly mind boggling
30t6p3b.gif

maybe we all should start claiming what county/city we are from and end all of this DMV nonsense. 

It's a street thing ...

Those who are from both areas know why ..

But at the then of the day ..

We are both two different cultures ..

Completely different styles ..music and taste ..

It just so happen that bmore beats to the sound of our own drum like DC does ...

The surrounding counties ( except for Bmore county) .. follow DC tho ..

Bmore/DC $*$$!+ don't bite no one .. we do our own %$%* ..

That's just what it is ..
Couldn't have said it better myself...

When I was in MD, it was snapback, random graphic tee, skinny jeans, Vans or Jordans. The area I was in, maybe one or two people wore foams. Here in Richmond (
sick.gif
) dudes dress JUST LIKE the Wire. Tall tee, jorts, AF1
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I live in Maryland a few minutes from DC, I only hear that DMV talk on the radio, no one in real life says their from the DMV.

This
Thats probably cuz we all in the same area... 
Therefore you wouldn't tell some thats from NW DC that u from the DMV....

You would say what part you from...

But if you tell someone in ATL that your from Riverdale... They might think u from riverdale in ATL....

And 9/10 times when people hear Maryland they associate it with baltimore... cuz the wire...

At the end of the day DC=PG county IMO now a days.... 

half these bammas moving back and forth between the two every other month... 

Edit: 1 more thing... All that you aint from DC or its DC not the DMV stuff is stupid... This urrea is so small and so similar... We need UNITY... 

There is way too much hate across the board from our own urrea it's SAD.... 

I live in Maryland a few minutes from DC, I only hear that DMV talk on the radio, no one in real life says their from the DMV.

Exactly. I lived in Southern VA most of my life and NEVER heard that DMV talk until I moved to Maryland. Only people who go along with that *@+! is Wale and PG County folks. No one else cares. 

Man this thread is comedy I swear.
laugh.gif

But Harm, Blade and Bread pretty much summed it up for yall.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Man this thread is comedy I swear.
laugh.gif

But Harm, Blade and Bread pretty much summed it up for yall.

laugh.gif
Word.
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Peace to all my DC/MD/VA cats though.

Born And Raised In PG/DC....Idk The DMV As Anything Else Other Than The Department Of Motor Vehicles...
But I Got Love For Everybody Tho Bmore, VA, Etc

Originally Posted by UnCalled4Boy

Born And Raised In PG/DC....Idk The DMV As Anything Else Other Than The Department Of Motor Vehicles...
But I Got Love For Everybody Tho Bmore, VA, Etc

Word ..

Im always in DC/ PG county .. NOVA .. its astounding really
roll.gif

What I want to know is: why do people argue over who started the Nike Boots trend? A)I've never seen anyone wear these in real life besides maybe 2 people in NYC when I visited in 05 and B) those @#$%@ are horrendous. I'd be proud to say they're not from my area
laugh.gif

I never understood the obsession for foams, never thought they were that cool and they are way OD priced

this
Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

When I was in MD, it was snapback, random graphic tee, skinny jeans, Vans or Jordans. The area I was in, maybe one or two people wore foams. Here in Richmond (
sick.gif
) dudes dress JUST LIKE the Wire. Tall tee, jorts, AF1
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i couldn't wait to get out of Richmond...only place i know i could walk in the mall and find dereon and whatever other *$@# they wear

i was sitting in my apt the week after i graduated and called my dad to tell him i'm coming home to find a job
laugh.gif

I'm from Baltimore, and people are rocking foams and snapback, but they definitely don't rock the "Wire" look anymore.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

e9uqlz.jpg
roll.gif
laugh.gif
yes thats how the dmv area dresses
i remember last year ppl was rocking their jeans like that kid with the air forces 1 men i heated that style
im from the dmv area these fools can't dress for s...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Ninja, u remember when eggplants dropped?

Had times square looking like harlem all winter, lol.
Nah, coppers.
To this day i don't know one person that doesn't own that shoe 
laugh.gif
 Including myself 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

I swear people around here do the most for foams.

tell me about they i still see people rock the pinewoods and the electric foams

people die over foams here
laugh.gif

for the most part people in baltimore fiend for dopes...im not a huge fan. i really only liked the eggplants but they dropped before i actually started getting into shoes. but as for op's question the clothes are getting more fitted and some are taking it back to the 90s on some fresh prince of bel air steez.

Man catz rock foams and polo ALLLLLL DAY IN BMORE.

every time i come through bmore dudes try to stunt with those god awful green foams.

oh and i have been seeing allot of young catz with gold teeth

As a person who grew up in DC/Silver Spring it's funny hearing everybody try to group people in together. I don't consider myself a MD dude because I never went to school out here and never chilled out this joint (really only Uptown and Largo in my youth). However, now a days I'm out NoVa, and everywhere else around here. But MD (PG/MoCo) bammas are not the same as DC, or NoVa. I agree with the unity thing and utilize the DMV phrase because I hate explaining how I lived in both. But now as gentrification happens MD is getting worse than DC so it's gonna be interesting to see how people start treating the different parts of the area.

Back
Top Bottom