Do Schools Still Mail Home Report Cards? - Do Kids Know Why They Are In School?

2 Part Question

My man is a teacher and this man said that he gave his kids their report cards and 5 mins later the garbage can was filled to capacity.
grin.gif

Back in the day, the school would hold them for a while and then mail them. Now, I guess in DC they just hand them to the kids. Wow

Do you think kids understand why they are in school? How ca we get them to understand why they are here?

School is just an introductory institution to the brainwashing of society... It starts out with Halloween parties and Christmas grab bags... Then they teach darwinism and that conflicts with the creation story which confuses children at a young age subconsciously .. School grabs kids away from the most precious ages 4-17.... Instill theories and false realitys to a persons everyday life and they will feel no need to listen to what the board of education has to say...

Schools in my area is using some website called schoolloop or something like that, it lets parents log in and see what their kids have for hw and and the grade they have in class....when i was in highschool, i was there only because i had to! now im in college and cant wait to get out

Nah, only time they mail em is the last one over the summer where you have to buy a stamp.

During the year they just hand them to us, they don’t even have a coveranymore
laugh.gif

They just give us the paper, then I usually throw it in mybag and never look at it again

Kids don't understand why they are in school because they cant's see past the present. Whe get them to understand by showing them the real world and not the fairy tale land the "think" exists.

I really dislike teenagers.

My mother taught/stressed to me the importance of an education through examples all around me when I was growing up. She made it a point to show me the difference between those who are visibly uneducated and those who are. Maybe all children/teenagers are different but I knew how I wanted to be perceived by others. When I said I wanted to be president, or an astronaut, or the "tallest person in the world" it always came back to getting an education. Not going to college after graduating high school was not an option, nor did I ever think it was one. This was her point and I love her for that.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

Kids don't understand why they are in school because they cant's see past the present. Whe get them to understand by showing them the real world and not the fairy tale land the "think" exists.

What is your issues with Teenagers Jugs? I agree that kids can't see past the current moment. Also, kids can't see outside of their little neighborhoods as well. So knowing that there is a "better world" isn't even something that crosses their mind. Maybe if more field trips are taken kids can experience those types of things more.

Do kids in inner cities still take field trips?

Originally Posted by dano4o8

Schoolsin my area is using some website called schoolloop or something likethat, it lets parents log in and see what their kids have for hw andand the grade they have in class....when i was in highschool, i wasthere only because i had to! now im in college and cant wait to get out
That is a nice idea. Where are you from?

In high school they use to mail it...Had me camping out by the mail box...after my sophmore year, i just threw out my report card a week after summer vacation....Wasnt gonna ruin my summer over a D-(i had a B+, but i went off on the teacher on the last day of school)

Originally Posted by devildog1776

School grabs kids away from the most precious ages 4-17....
I don't necessarily agree w/ everything u said, but I definitely see the problem with this.
ohwell.gif

the existence of bells and the extremely busy schedule of schools was implemented in the late 1800's in order to prepare kids to work in factories...

ANd the same style of schools are still in existence today.
smh.gif

That's just stupid to do, you have to figure if someone has an awful report card they won't show their parents.

But mine have always been mailed home, and your parents have to sign a slip saying they saw the report card.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

That makes two of us, the chick I'm seeing now has one and dude has zero respect for her, curses like a sailor, drops N bombs all day, doesn't do things when she tells him but on his own time instead, wakes up late for school and just yesterday let some dude pierce his ears in class with the teacher present.

All their stuff is online as far as grades and attendance so if he misses school she gets an email. Just last month he tried to lie about it and got caught had me sitting there
roll.gif
on the inside
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

That's just stupid to do, you have to figure if someone has an awful report card they won't show their parents.

But mine have always been mailed home, and your parents have to sign a slip saying they saw the report card.

yea they did that to us too...i was always a little sketch to hand my mom the report card lol

-Tyler

My son just lost his progress report from the time it was handed out before school ended until he got home. Dude told us he never got it but then fessed up a few days later by telling us he "lost" it. Riiiiiiiiight. So we went to the school yesterday and saw why it was "lost"....he got a D in math and 2 C's, as well.

I really wish they would mail them home so this kind of hassle can be avoided. They give kids way too much freedom these days.

in my school they used to give us a copy and then mail another to our parents... i had to check the mail box every day if my grades were bad
smh.gif

they should make an app for that.

Wanna see if your kids is dumb as coal?

"There is an app for that"

Wanna know how many spanking he/she deserves for being a ra-tard?

Wanna know if his/her teacher is hot enough to be on naughty America?

yes

Can your phone and your network do that?

I used to do IT for a school system, and we had software that the teachers used to put all of the student's grades onto a server. The parents could go online and anytime and look at their kids grades, report cards etc. 

My school gives it to you at school so they can save money instead of mailing it home, but most end up in the trash by the end of the day. Parents can also check their kids grades, attendance, and teacher remarks online through a website, its called Zangle. Crazy stuff now days.

A lot of you forget how it was when you were younger. You all weren't saints. I know I was disrespectful, reckless, and loud. They will mature just as you did. Times change but people remain the same. Yal need to dead that "these kids now days" #@$%.

As for school I never cared about it...still don't yet I'm in college. My report cards weren't mailed home ever. Parents just had to sign them and they had to be returned in a week.

When I was in HS, the progress reports were mailed home, but the report cards were given to the students to take home.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

My son just lost his progress report from the time it was handed out before school ended until he got home. Dude told us he never got it but then fessed up a few days later by telling us he "lost" it. Riiiiiiiiight. So we went to the school yesterday and saw why it was "lost"....he got a D in math and 2 C's, as well.

I really wish they would mail them home so this kind of hassle can be avoided. They give kids way too much freedom these days.

I used to lose and forget mine all the time.
roll.gif

I went to private school, and they would have all the parents schedule an appointment to meet up with the teacher to get the report card and discuss performance.
In HS, they mailed it, but they also had the grades, rankings, etc. on the web for my parents to look at.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

2 Part Question

My man is a teacher and this man said that he gave his kids their report cards and 5 mins later the garbage can was filled to capacity.
grin.gif

Back in the day, the school would hold them for a while and then mail them. Now, I guess in DC they just hand them to the kids. Wow

Do you think kids understand why they are in school? How ca we get them to understand why they are here?
1. My grades got mailed home. But since all schools in the area are making cut-backs i'm not surprised if they just started handing them out now.

2. *Begin rant* I was home-schooled up until 7th grade (yes, i said 7th grade) and went to public school from there on in.  80% of what I know right now my mother had taught me before i ever started school, only things I really learned in school were basketball, better socialization, and how to bag yungins.
laugh.gif
  The way our school system is set up is quite stupid and really is a waste of most of our time, I understand because of the american system its necessary for get in to college and get a job, etc, etc. But what is actually being "taught" within the walls of most public schools is not worthwhile.  And I would've thrown my grades away too if they had passed them out and I wasn't a bad kid or getting F's or none of that nonsense. *End Rant* 

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Parents just had to sign them and they had to be returned in a week.

I had a teacher that would give us an A if we brought it back signed the next day. He'd drop a letter grade for each day after. Sometimes, that was both an easy A and a hard A.

Back
Top Bottom