Do spaces on paper waste ink??

Joined May 13, 2008
I have to count stacks of 25 of some flyer's for an event

came up with a stress free way.... Load up the paper on the printer and using MS Word make a document containing only a space. That way the printer 'prints' 25 copies of a blank document

the papers are coming out hot (laser printer) so does printing a space waste ink or something?

Joined Aug 7, 2008
not only does it waste ink but it wastes the white protective coat it puts on the paper

R.I.P your cartridge

Joined Jun 27, 2009
wait, are you saying print 25 out, have a blank sheet to separate another 25? if theres no ink on the separating sheet then you good

Joined May 13, 2008
Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

wait, are you saying print 25 out, have a blank sheet to separate another 25? if theres no ink on the separating sheet then you good
No

Im printing out 25 blank sheets of paper. Im using MS Word to print out a space using the spacebar, so it's blank but the papers are coming out hot (thats were the problem might arise)

Joined May 13, 2008
Originally Posted by YuraS718

I'm still confused. Why bother printing blank pages? I have to be missing something here.
So I won't have to count the pages by hand

I just can't figure out why they are coming out hot like Im actually using ink

Joined Sep 19, 2004
I'm still confused. Why bother printing blank pages? I have to be missing something here.

Joined Feb 18, 2006
if the printer is printing these sheets out almost instantaneously, then obviously there's no ink being used

Joined May 25, 2001
Yes. You're going to use all your invisible ink! You better stop. Then you'll have to replace your invisible cartridge, but I haven't seen them in stores anywhere!

Thats My Word

formerly derrty6232
Joined Apr 29, 2006
Toner is heated/burned onto paper, that's why the paper comes out hot. Even though no ink is used, the heater/lamp still heats up the paper when you "print" it. I think.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now