Do spaces on paper waste ink??

I have to count stacks of 25 of some flyer's for an event

came up with a stress free way.... Load up the paper on the printer and using MS Word make a document containing only a space. That way the printer 'prints' 25 copies of a blank document

the papers are coming out hot (laser printer) so does printing a space waste ink or something?

indifferent.gif

not only does it waste ink but it wastes the white protective coat it puts on the paper

R.I.P your cartridge

wait, are you saying print 25 out, have a blank sheet to separate another 25? if theres no ink on the separating sheet then you good

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

wait, are you saying print 25 out, have a blank sheet to separate another 25? if theres no ink on the separating sheet then you good

No

Im printing out 25 blank sheets of paper. Im using MS Word to print out a space using the spacebar, so it's blank but the papers are coming out hot (thats were the problem might arise)

Originally Posted by YuraS718

I'm still confused. Why bother printing blank pages? I have to be missing something here.

So I won't have to count the pages by hand

I just can't figure out why they are coming out hot like Im actually using ink

I'm still confused. Why bother printing blank pages? I have to be missing something here.

if the printer is printing these sheets out almost instantaneously, then obviously there's no ink being used

Yes. You're going to use all your invisible ink! You better stop. Then you'll have to replace your invisible cartridge, but I haven't seen them in stores anywhere!

Toner is heated/burned onto paper, that's why the paper comes out hot. Even though no ink is used, the heater/lamp still heats up the paper when you "print" it. I think.

Back
Top Bottom