Do the Magic keep Alston when Nelson gets healthy?

i hope they keep him..he really fit well wit the team..im hoping theres room for the both of em...i guess we have to get rid of one of our guards, maybe tyronlue or redick

Well he'll be in a contract year.. I don't think they're trading Rafer unless they get a great offer. Just in case Jameer's injury somehowisn't all the way corrected

They will keep him for sure.

They need to try to move Tony Battie though, and hope Gortat comes back.

Originally Posted by ai3plus1penny

keep both if they can, but Jameer is the starter. Hope nobody gets that twisted..
yeah exactly theyll keep both for next season, than if Jameer is 100% all next season i expect Skip to bank it in FA that summer based off his jobso far in Orlando

Jameer isn't even guaranteed to be back in time for preseason. They have to keep Alston as insurance.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Jameer isn't even guaranteed to be back in time for preseason. They have to keep Alston as insurance.
True. He said so yesterday during the game.

Alston was playing really well last night. He's really proven himself so far in the playoffs. I think that it'd be foolish for the Magic to trade him,especially with Jameer's condition.

.....Chances they draft a PG this year?

Since its a contract year.....any chance the Knicks try to get him? That would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

word? ESPN bottom line says he might be back for the finals
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

I'm pretty sure they are going to get rid of Lue. What about Johnson is he going to leave also?

You can never have enough quality PGs on a team.

Magic can deal Skip at next year's trading deadline if Nelson comes back healthy...I'm sure teams will want Skip's experience, shooting andexpiring contract and the Magic can get another piece if they feel like they're missing something to contend for a championship.

Jameer is better than Rafer but they need to keep Rafer for insurance...

Anybody who believes that Jameer's coming back for the playoffs needs to drop that idea. He might not even be back in time for preseason next year.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Skip has to stay. Lue is probably gone, he was a free agent that they picked up anyway
no he wasn't...

Originally Posted by EB4President

nerd.gif

according to yahoo:
[h1]Magic evaluating Nelson's status for NBA finals[/h1]
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)-Orlando is evaluating All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson for a possible return to the Magic lineup for the NBA finals that begin Thursday night in Los Angeles.

Magic spokesman Joel Glass said on Sunday that Nelson's rehabilitation from a shoulder injury is ahead of schedule but that his status remains uncertain.

Nelson has been out since early February with what had been called a season-ending shoulder tear.

Magic president Bob Vander Weide told The Orlando Sentinel after Saturday's win against Cleveland that he wanted Nelson to take another MRI and consult with doctors for a possible comeback.

Nelson has been working out and has said he has full range of motion. But Magic general manager Otis Smith has repeatedly said there is no way Nelson could return this season.

Back
Top Bottom