Do you agree with iTunes' Top Ten TV Dramas?

Came across the list on the front page of iTunes, there's more explanations for their choices there (I'd link it but it seems to be impossible and Ican't cut and paste their text for some reason):

They list:
  1. The Wire
  2. Lost
  3. Mad Men
  4. The Sopranos
  5. The West Wing
  6. Battlestar Galatica
  7. 24
  8. Friday Night Lights
  9. E/R
  10. Deadwood
Now obviously this is extremely subjective and limited to the shows that they carry in their store but I really am surprised to not see House orSix Feet Under on the list. And Friday Night Lights came out of left field to me but really only because I've never seen it.

What do you all think?

top 5 looks alright, but no love for entourage?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

mad men before 24?
Mad Men is the truth. 24 hasn't been good for 3 seasons

Entourage is more of a comedy than drama

^ cosign i dont understand how House didnt make it, agree with Friday Night Lights though, if they had a larger audience they would be up higher.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

I can't get into those type of shows, they just don't interest me for some reason
Its a pretty diverse list, there's pretty much something for everyone. I was surprised not to see Ozor The Shield

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

^ cosign i dont understand how House didnt make it, agree with Friday Night Lights though, if they had a larger audience they would be up higher.
house isn't on the list because it has been on the chopping block

Actually we don't really know what the criteria for this list is beyond the fact that they're dramas that the iTunes store carries. For all we knowthey could've sat in a room and said "Alright what are some shows from the drama section we all like?" It can't solely be sales thoughbecause I doubt that Friday Night Lights and Deadwood would rank so high if it was.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

house isn't on the list because it has been on the chopping block
Really? I always felt that it has been consistent.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

What do you all think?
They list:
  1. The Wire - Yes
  2. Lost - Yes
  3. Mad Men - Havent seen it, but I dont think a show with 2 seasons under its belt should be considered.
  4. The Sopranos - Yes
  5. The West Wing - Eh, I wont argue that it shouldnt be a top 10.
  6. Battlestar Galatica - Never seen it, but heard good things
  7. 24 - NO. I love the show, but it's not a top 10.
  8. Friday Night Lights - NO. Not nearly good enough to be top 10.
  9. E/R - No. Just not a top 10 quality show. Top 15? Maybe, top 20? Sure.
  10. Deadwood - Never saw it. But same as Mad Men, I dont think it should be considered with only being 3 seasons long.

I want to know why The Shield isn't on here. That was easily a top 10 drama. Definitely better than 24, FNL, and E/R.

Back
Top Bottom