Do you all realize that Geno Auriemma is on the verge of winning 70 STRAIGHT... FOR THE 2ND TIME???

SMH at anyone downplaying winning 70 games in a row. To be able to stay mentally focused that long while taking everyone's best shot is amazing. Even great teams take a night off but not these UCONN women.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

GOT THEM DRAWS!

roll.gif

laugh.gif

I know UCONN would dominate HS Boys teams. I went to school with Chelsea Hopkins(Duke Soph) and Italee Lucas(UNC JR) and they each balled regularly with Anthony Marshal(UNLV FR), Hank Thorns(TCU SO Transfer), P'Allen Stinnet(forgot where he goes Senior mascot is bluejays), Billy White (SDST Junior) and Elijah Johnson(Kansas Freshman) and held their own on the regular and out played some of them on occasion I have no doubt that UCONN could and would dismantle HS Boys teams.

Originally Posted by kc24688

I understand the magnitude of this streak, but I honestly don't care one bit.  To me it's not like there has never been a team that has finished a season undefeated or almost undefeated in men's ncaa basketball, so for a team two do it a couple seasons a row in women's ncaa basketball I just don't really care at all.  If they can actually make a streak like that happen it probably means that it's more so very easy for them than that tough of a feat. 

go to school instead
smh.gif

People won't give it respect because boys high school teams would run through the Uconn women's team.

WHAT?!  UConn would spank the average HS boys team.  My brothers wife played at Tennessee and rode the bench, believe me when I tell you she is a problem on the court.

Practiced with the UT girls team all last year, now theyre not nearly on UConn's level, and they can GO. You have a tendency to underestimate their strength and speed at first...they train EVERYDAY!! They are machines, and they are not scared to body you.
smh.gif

Like my thread said a while back, Geno needs to head to boys ball.... period

To be honest I don't care. There's no parity in women's college basketball therefore something like this can be sustained. You will never ever see this in men's basketball again (UCLA for you young bucks) because of the athleticism and widespread amount of talent across the national landscape.

^ Parity? The sport men are required from birth to be a fan of is football.

How many times did the favored team defeat the underdog this past decade? Actually, how many times did the favorite DESTROY their underdog opponent?

Before you come up with some obscure examples of some upsets, I'm not saying it's 100% that the favored team wins in the NFL, and if you're saying that happens in women's basketball, then you have no idea what you're talking about to begin with, so I'm done.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Parity? The sport men are required from birth to be a fan of is football.

How many times did the favored team defeat the underdog this past decade? Actually, how many times did the favorite DESTROY their underdog opponent?

Before you come up with some obscure examples of some upsets, I'm not saying it's 100% that the favored team wins in the NFL, and if you're saying that happens in women's basketball, then you have no idea what you're talking about to begin with, so I'm done.
I'm talking about college sports. Maybe if you took your bra and panties off for a minute you would read what I said. There is no parity in women's college basketball which makes it possible for dynasties like Tennessee and UConn to exist.

Aye Man... they just beat a team by 60 in the tourney... I don't care that it was actually 54 when you lose by that much you deserve for it to rounded up.
smh.gif

Can someone explain why in the women's ncaa tourney, there are actual HOME games being played? I don't get it....

and no, there is no parity in women's college hoops....unless it's a fluke, I don't see this streak stopping anytime soon.

Can someone explain why in the women's ncaa tourney, there are actual HOME games being played? I don't get it....

and no, there is no parity in women's college hoops....unless it's a fluke, I don't see this streak stopping anytime soon.
I believe it's an attendance thing. This way helps get people in the seats at these sites. Plus eliminates some of the traveling.

laugh.gif
This UConn thing continues to be absurd. Tournament game and at halftime you are up 43 points.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Cause if they had games at a neutral sight no one would go

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I believe it's an attendance thing. This way helps get people in the seats at these sites. Plus eliminates some of the traveling.

laugh.gif
This UConn thing continues to be absurd. Tournament game and at halftime you are up 43 points.
sick.gif

I hear both you and AMP....but to me, that puts the road team at a distinct disadvantage.  Who wants to go to a top seed's homecourt only to know you're defeated as soon as you step off the bus?  The neutral site would level the field a little bit, but both of you are probably right about the attendance factor. 

In their two games thus far in the tourney, they've allowed 10 and 12 points in the first half of the game respectfully.

Back
Top Bottom