Do you all realize that Geno Auriemma is on the verge of winning 70 STRAIGHT... FOR THE 2ND TIME???

Let Alone In the Same DECADE???

sick.gif

I mean seriously... Think about that for a minute.

laugh.gif
It's a joke. Was just thinking that watchin the highlights this morning. I know it's women's basketball but my word...

Stat time:

They're currently on a 69-game undefeated streak. EVERY win has been by 10 points or more
laugh.gif
And in that streak they have beaten 21 total ranked teams by an average margin of 26 points
laugh.gif

They've also currently won 102 of their last 103 regular season games.

They've won 30 games for five straight years.

He's only lost 27 games this decade... and that includes losing 13 in the two years after Diana left... I mean seriously he's reliving John Wooden's coaching career minus the cloud.

5 championships in 9 years, and baring any injury or freak happenstance it'll be 6 in 10
smh.gif

He has that sport in the Boston Crab
smh.gif
laugh.gif

That Della Donne chick who was supposed to be there is leading the country in scoring at Delaware and has put up 54 in a game this year.

So, the teams they're facing should be thankful it's not worse LOL.

^
laugh.gif
i was gonaa say, everyone is lucky. EDD left. if they still had her they would've had the 3 best players in the NCAA 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I'm going to guess that out of the 70...50 of the teams are garbage....
Garbage or not, they're coming in and playing every night. And they've played a couple of Top 10 teams this season and absolutely demolished them. Maya Moore >>>>>

TheGift23:
I'm going to guess that out of the 70...50 of the teams are garbage....
So ignorant. Like Duke and UK and Kansas only play top 10 teams every game scheduled. No, dude. They play garbage teams, too. Little small universities, private universities, teams that are shadows of their former dynasties, etc.

But if Cuse or some other top MEN'S school were on the verge of 70... or even HALF that... I'd bet any amount you wouldn't say anything disrespecting their feat.

Props are [long over] due.

Just saying.

As far as them playing bums, thats not the case they play a good 20 highly ranked teams every year and absolutely abuse them, I think they've beaten the #2 team in the country twice this year (two separate teams ;lol ) and they just smacked the #8 squad by 25... not to mention they have squads in their conference that are ranked.  They're just BETTER.

I remember reading about Della when she was in High School still... What happened that she didn't end up in Storrs? was in a close to home type thing?  Her and Maya on the Wings would've been absolutely
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Speaking of Maya:

UConn beat out Tennessee in a bitter recruitment battle for Moore. Shortly after Moore's commitment to UConn, Tennessee announced they were cancelling the season series with UConn bringing an end to the biggest rivalry in the sport.

Pat was TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT to say the least
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Pardon my ignorance, but don't they basically have an all star team every year? The equivalent of Wall, Turner, Durant, etc. (they stay 4 years mostly)...Geno just has the recruiting hustle in a vicegrip.

I understand the magnitude of this streak, but I honestly don't care one bit.  To me it's not like there has never been a team that has finished a season undefeated or almost undefeated in men's ncaa basketball, so for a team two do it a couple seasons a row in women's ncaa basketball I just don't really care at all.  If they can actually make a streak like that happen it probably means that it's more so very easy for them than that tough of a feat. 

^ Shameful. But you're entitled to your opinion.
Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Pardon my ignorance, but don't they basically have an all star team every year? The equivalent of Wall, Turner, Durant, etc. (they stay 4 years mostly)...Geno just has the recruiting hustle in a vicegrip.

Basically. He's signed the #1 player coming out of high school for the past 3yrs (Elena Della Donne had personal issues and withdrew before playing though) and he stays with other top 10-15 players.  Plus his player development and coaching is way up... I mean WAAAAAAAAAY UP!  I honestly don't see anything changing unless he just walks away or is popped for some major NCAA infraction.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

That Della Donne chick who was supposed to be there is leading the country in scoring at Delaware and has put up 54 in a game this year.

She is good man. Saw her in person this year. Looks like Dirk out there. High release. Can play any position. Great talent.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Al3xis

She is good man. Saw her in person this year. Looks like Dirk out there. High release. Can play any position. Great talent.

Thats the comparision I remember hearing when she was in high school... Damn I wish she was in Storrs.  Just Cause
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

laugh.gif
It's a joke. Was just thinking that watchin the highlights this morning. I know it's women's basketball but my word...

Stat time:

They're currently on a 69-game undefeated streak. EVERY win has been by 10 points or more
laugh.gif
And in that streak they have beaten 21 total ranked teams by an average margin of 26 points
laugh.gif

They've also currently won 102 of their last 103 regular season games.

They've won 30 games for five straight years.

it's a wild streak and they're clearly a great team, but it's women's basketball. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BoTz LuVz 23z

but it's women's basketball. 
grin.gif

Y'all act like its men playing against women or its sometype of Co-Ed league... they're on a completely even playing field with the rest of thier competition and they're are destroying them.  Y'all can't honor that?!?!?! It a boys high school basketball team did this y'all would give them more respect... Thats Crazy
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom