Do you all realize that Geno Auriemma is on the verge of winning 70 STRAIGHT... FOR THE 2ND TIME???

I would LOVE to see any one of you go out there and do what Geno has done during his career, considering it's "only women's basketball" and it "was probably against a bunch of garbage teams." I mean, hey, if it's so easy, ya'll should go out there and do the same and make yourself millions. Beats sitting at home on a message board discussing men's sports for no money right?

I was about to make this post yesterday....

Easily the best coach of the past 10 years or so.  Dude has flat-out dominated the game.  I would love to see him making the transition to the men's level either pro or college, but I think his  sexuality might hold him back on that one
nerd.gif

Plus my girl Tina is a beast in the post...Best thing out of Christ the King since LO

It really isn't even fair when that team takes the court. I heard something on Sportscenter like their coach doesn't even think this is close to the best team he's had
laugh.gif

Crazy.

Assuming they run the table this year, do you any of guys think they have a shot at UCLA's record next season?

^ Well if they win out this year they will only be like 11 games or so away. So Im going to go out on a limb and say yes there is a chance. As mentioned they have won 102 of their last 103 reg season games.

I honestly am not that amazed by it for some reason... I think its because it says more about their recruiting than anything... Like some have mentioned be4, they get the #1 class pretty much every season (probably getting the #1 or #2 ranked player every year)...Also they stay all 4 years..

If someone told me 3 years ago that the Uconn team would do this I wouldn't even be that surprised, just because talent gap is different in womens ball than mens, recruiting,etc....

Its pretty much like UNC getting Kevin Durant, Rose, Beasley, Cousins, Wall, etc..and they stay for 4 years...

Its impressive, but its not even close to if a mens team did it, even tho it seems like some of yall r......To me a team winning 70 straight conference games in mens basketball is more impressive than uconns streak...

Originally Posted by ikari XD

It really isn't even fair when that team takes the court. I heard something on Sportscenter like their coach doesn't even think this is close to the best team he's had
laugh.gif

Its not close to being his best team... No way is this squad better than that 2002 squad with Sue, Diana, Swin, Tamika, and Ashja... They would kill this years version of the Huskies... Last years as well

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Plus my girl Tina is a beast in the post...Best thing out of Christ the King since LO

Better than Sue Bird was???? Hard Pressed To Get Me To Co-Sign That One Broski ;lol

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

It a boys high school basketball team did this y'all would give them more respect... Thats Crazy
smh.gif

People won't give it respect because boys high school teams would run through the Uconn women's team.

Some of you guys act like having the top players should mean automatic wins. You still have to coach up that talent. Having the top recruiting classes doesn't necessarily translate to wins, let alone a 70 game winning streak. Teams have off nights some games and the fact that they've been winning the way they have is pretty unbelievable.

Why did Pat Summit say should wouldn't play UCONN anymore? Something about how she doesn't agree w/ Geno's recruiting methods.

Can anyone clear this up?

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Why did Pat Summit say should wouldn't play UCONN anymore? Something about how she doesn't agree w/ Geno's recruiting methods.

Can anyone clear this up?

Basically, bottom line is she lost Maya Moore to UConn at the last second and has been TIGHT since. They filed a complaint with the NCAA, who inturn ruled that UConn committed a secondary violation and didn't hand out any punishment due to how minor the offense was.

honestly am not that amazed by it for some reason... I think its because it says more about their recruiting than anything... Like some have mentioned be4, they get the #1 class pretty much every season (probably getting the #1 or #2 ranked player every year)...Also they stay all 4 years..

Its pretty much like UNC getting Kevin Durant, Rose, Beasley, Cousins, Wall, etc..and they stay for 4 years...

Its impressive, but its not even close to if a mens team did it, even tho it seems like some of yall r......To me a team winning 70 straight conference games in mens basketball is more impressive than uconns streak...
Co-Sign

Pat was complaining about Geno using Taurasi to recruit Maya. That old hag is just bitter and doesn't like the changing of the guard.

I'm real proud of Tina. One of the chillest chicks out there. And I posted a vid of me and Gardler jello wrestling two years ago in the college basketball thread. Should be in the archives.

^ if by suck you mean losing 4-5 games quite possibly... anything more than that I sincerely doubt.
laugh.gif

Had Elena stayed that wouldn't be the case either
laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ what could've been.

Here's Geno's records since '93
laugh.gif

1993-1994 Connecticut - 30-3 17-1
1994-1995 Connecticut - 35-0 18-0
1995-1996 Connecticut - 34-4 17-1
1996-1997 Connecticut - 33-1 18-0
1997-1998 Connecticut - 34-3 17-1
1998-1999 Connecticut - 29-5 17-1
1999-2000 Connecticut - 36-1 16-0
2000-2001 Connecticut - 32-3 15-1
2001-2002 Connecticut - 39-0 16-0
2002-2003 Connecticut - 37-1 16-0
2003-2004 Connecticut - 31-4 14-2
2004-2005 Connecticut - 25-8 13-2
2005-2006 Connecticut - 32-5 14-2
2006-2007 Connecticut - 32-4 16-0
2007-2008 Connecticut - 36-2 17-1
2008-2009 Connecticut - 39-0 16-0
2009-2010 Connecticut - 30-0 15-0

I wonder what the afterparty for the team that actually beat them in that stretch was like...
nerd.gif

Geno is a great coach, the other day vs notre dame the game was close early and ND was controlling the pace. Geno threw in a speedy freshman and had her push the tempo which helped uconn build a strong lead. He is also a master motivator.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

It a boys high school basketball team did this y'all would give them more respect... Thats Crazy
smh.gif

People won't give it respect because boys high school teams would run through the Uconn women's team.
I dont believe that.  Not even for a second.  I go to UTK and hoop on a regular basis and most of the men on the practice squad against the girls are above average ball players.  What those girls can do out on the floor is disgusting.. the level of physicality surely isn't close between the men and women's game but they are filthy on the court. 

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

smh.gif

I dont believe that.  Not even for a second.  I go to UTK and hoop on a regular basis and most of the men on the practice squad against the girls are above average ball players.  What those girls can do out on the floor is disgusting.. the level of physicality surely isn't close between the men and women's game but they are filthy on the court. 

I think most hs teams would lose to uconn, but the elite hs schools would be them..At team like Oak Hill for example that probably have at least 2 or 3 nba level players could would def beat them....Uconns overall skill level would maybe be higher, but the difference in athleticism would be too much..

Back
Top Bottom