Do you and Should you have a decent golf game vol. socializing activity

NT, do you think having a decent golf game should be necessary by the time you hit your mid-20s. Even better if you got it when your're 18, 19.

Now that summer is here, i see more younger folks hitting the course

I'm 18 and have a decent game....did the S&T disappear though
nerd.gif
?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

nerd.gif
?

im asking a broader audience, since this question is partially about socializing.

not every NTer goes into S&T.

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

nerd.gif
?

im asking a broader audience, since this question is partially about socializing.

not every NTer goes into S&T.

Not every NTer comes in general...but I'm just playin around....I remember when a golf post was poppin in the S&T
pimp.gif

golf isnt something you can really just pick up quick.....ive been playing since i was 5

Originally Posted by agold1002

golf isnt something you can really just pick up quick.....ive been playing since i was 5

word...from what i understand its not cheap either...and not everyone has golf courses they can just up and go to...

nerd.gif
?
nerd.gif

I didn't know you played golf... I have no putting skills but I hit that *)%^$ far.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

nerd.gif
?
nerd.gif

I didn't know you played golf... I have no putting skills but I hit that *)%^$ far.
Same here...I can drive the ball 260, but can't put for !#%#...I was in the LV Times a few times, it was on the internet....
nerd.gif

it aint cheap, only my rich friends do it.

its good for networking, from what I hear.
but so is being a prostitute or frat member.

Depends on your ambitions/aspirations

If you're taking the corporate route and plan on getting a job above the middle management level: Senior management, Vice president level, c-levelexecutive, board of directors, etc. I highly suggest you learn how to golf.

If you plan on working at any sort of consulting firm where you will be doing pitches to clients, I highly suggest you learn how to golf.

Those are intangible skills that a lot of people take for granted. You don't have to be good, just good enough to socialize/network.

If you're reading gauges at a factory or assembling computer chips................eh golf for fun, but it's not going to help you in your career.

There are managers at my work who actually paid golf lessons simply so they could golf with clients/customers and other upper management. From what I hear alot of people are horrible and are simply at the golf course to play the game of Corporate America and not golf. When you're rich though, the golf lessonsare not a big dent in your wallet.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

agold1002 wrote:

word...from what i understand its not cheap either...and not everyone has golf courses they can just up and go to...

its not.....i have $800 irons and my parents belonged to a country club so i could play when ever...but its not cheap

In the next 5 years I can see my self playing golf, but for now its cycling, and snowboarding.

I go to the driving range every now and again. My footing needs work,

Lol We actually have Golf Classes at my school, and were being taught how to utilize it to for our careers.

Needles to say I suck,but when I connect I`m like Barry Bonds
pimp.gif

Im not very good, but i got a hole in one when i was 15 years old. It was the most lucky thing ever. my friend DJ Sven can back me up on this, he was there.
The most i play a summer is ten or so rounds.

I should be a lot better than I am...(My dad was a PGA Professional) and I work at a Golf Course...I played yesterday and shot 108
embarassed.gif
...I plan to play 2-3 times a week this summer though...especially since Iplay for free
smokin.gif

I'm trying to go. I've only been once. I was terrible. Sliced everything. Stupid 14 years of baseball.

driving range > golf

but i look at it as a older rich folks sport

so yes im taking steps to learning the other areas of the game cuz i plan on being one of them old rich folks
pimp.gif

ill stick to the driving range,driving the golf cart and tiger woods pga tour....takes too long to learn the correct way to play golf.

Back
Top Bottom