Do you believe that colleges have access to private myspace/facebooks?

We all know we can set our own privacy options on social networking sites, but you have to wonder if these websites break their TOS, and give some type ofadmin power to College pages to be able to view our pages.

LMAO of course they do. I mean my cousin and his friends found a way to get onto any private profile as well as see private pics if someone is already yourfriend, so of course colleges can. This kid at my school got denied from attending college after they saw him drinking and stuff on his profile

Not sure about colleges, but some employers can and will get access to your page when you are applying for a job.....

i highly doubt they have access to "private" pages. that's invasion of privacy..law enforcement on the other hand..

In the Privacy Agreement, they state that it's limited to governmental organizations and associations.

Colleges are funded by the government.

???

^^^^Not all colleges are funded by the government

And I mean I think if they were a public university, which means they would be funded by the state then they could, but do yu really think they have peoplechecking every accepted students profile, let alone every applicants profile. Com on, it takes them a few months just to go through the applications foreverybody, I doubt they are gonna be checking the internet, but if you're worried just take anything off that is illegal, to me tat's the only thingthey really care about and that's why they ask about if you've been arrested or charged for anything. So if you have pics of you smoking or drinkingand you are really trying to make sure they don't check it just take them off.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

THEY EVEN WATCH YOU WHEN YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT

im never getting into college
frown.gif

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

And I mean I think if they were a public university, which means they would be funded by the state then they could, but do yu really think they have people checking every accepted students profile, let alone every applicants profile. Com on, it takes them a few months just to go through the applications for everybody, I doubt they are gonna be checking the internet, but if you're worried just take anything off that is illegal, to me tat's the only thing they really care about and that's why they ask about if you've been arrested or charged for anything. So if you have pics of you smoking or drinking and you are really trying to make sure they don't check it just take them off.
believe me, once youve put it up, its out there. Even after you take it down, theres still a record of it, and they can get at that. And I talkedto an admissions officer at UF, and he said they look through EVERYTHING they can find on everyone that applies, and were friends its not some PR crap hesdishing out to me

I put mine on private when I started applying to med school, you can't even search for me on facebook. And only friends can see my facebook pics.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

And I mean I think if they were a public university, which means they would be funded by the state then they could, but do yu really think they have people checking every accepted students profile, let alone every applicants profile. Com on, it takes them a few months just to go through the applications for everybody, I doubt they are gonna be checking the internet, but if you're worried just take anything off that is illegal, to me tat's the only thing they really care about and that's why they ask about if you've been arrested or charged for anything. So if you have pics of you smoking or drinking and you are really trying to make sure they don't check it just take them off.
believe me, once youve put it up, its out there. Even after you take it down, theres still a record of it, and they can get at that. And I talked to an admissions officer at UF, and he said they look through EVERYTHING they can find on everyone that applies, and were friends its not some PR crap hes dishing out to me

So you're trying to tell me that schools like UCLA can check up on 55,000 applicants' myspace/facebook pages to see if they have anything that theydon't want to see on that?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
There are too many more important things to look at then thatin the application process

believe me, once youve put it up, its out there. Even after you take it down, theres still a record of it, and they can get at that. And I talked to an admissions officer at UF, and he said they look through EVERYTHING they can find on everyone that applies, and were friends its not some PR crap hes dishing out to me

So you're trying to tell me that schools like UCLA can check up on 55,000 applicants' myspace/facebook pages to see if they have anything that they don't want to see on that?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
There are too many more important things to look at then that in the application process

Exactly.. that's the single most ******ed thing I've heard all day.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

So you're trying to tell me that schools like UCLA can check up on 55,000 applicants' myspace/facebook pages to see if they have anything that they don't want to see on that?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
There are too many more important things to look at then that in the application process

Exactly.. that's the single most ******ed thing I've heard all day.

how is that ******ed? the question is do they have access to your profile and the answer is yes. Now will they check every single profile no....two separatequestions

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm sure they only check the ones they plan on giving tons of money to.

if you don't want someone to see it then don't put it on the internet. once you upload it to the internet it is no longer private.

i'm pretty sure they can at my school. one of my friends and I got questions by security once for putting some stuff on fb

dont put your real name on your myspace. a new job/school is much better than keeping your name just so some lame @$! from high school finds you and adds you

Back
Top Bottom