Do you consider 100k life-changing money?

Do you consider 100k life-changing money?

• Total voters
Personally, for me, I would consider it life-changing. I'm not talking about retiring and just doing nothing for the rest of your life. I'm talking about using that money right now and setting up your future. Just asking since I saw a member say that it wasn't in another thread.

Edit:
Not a year's worth of salary but someone giving you 100k today, tax-free.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
So if someone gave you 100k today, your life wouldn't change? You wouldn't have some extra freedom in your current life? No stress relief from bills or debts?

I changed my answer.. :rofl:

Just because at this time I'll save it.. doesnt means isnt live changing..

Unless you can just conjure it up right now and not blink an eye if you lose it, of course it is.

No

I consider 1% money life changing

thats approx a net worth (depending on state or tax bracket) of $7 million to $10 million.

Yes it is life changing.

Pay off my car,
Get out of debt.
Few other things.

Not to be confused with "set for life", which is what i think a lot of people are interpreting it as.

I interpreted it as overnight life change.

rags to riches.

That's only four month's mortgage or two years property tax. No, not life changing but it'll help.

Yes in the sense that it could help pay off a few things your work money goes to like credit cards, car note, student loans etc.

Could potentially pay off a decent chunk of what you owe on your house etc and you’d have more freedom with what you can do with your work earnings money since you wouldn’t be obligated to make payments on some of the things I mentioned anymore.

100 grand needs solid investments.
too many undergrads and grads out there swimming in college debt:smh:

Age, location, and current socioeconomic status are important factors. But it will make a difference in most people's lives.

Back
Top Bottom