Do you consider 100k life-changing money?

Do you consider 100k life-changing money?

• Total voters
With the criteria op laid out yes . If you know what to do with it and invest you can turn your whole life around I know I did . So many ways to make money when you got money that you got to be a lazy to not invest in opportunities .

Not life changing, but able to upgrade the car and house and stuff. If that's your definition of life changing, then yea, but it isn't mine.

Life changing to me is more than just upgrading to things I don't even use just to have it, like a bigger house with more empty rooms, a faster car that gets driven in stop and go traffic 90% of the time, etc, etc.

I don’t think people get what life changing means. $100k certainly helps but it doesn’t really change most of our lives. I’d still have to wake up, go to work, eat the same foods, etc.

Life changing to me means that truly my life will be fundamentally different. This means I have enough money that I no longer need to work to support my family and a certain lifestyle.

This is all that those who share this view is saying. We view life changing as no more dependence on work and being able to do whatever. That's life changing to me. There's obviously two ways of looking at this. No one way is right.

100k definitely gon change my life. I'm a thousandnaire so 100k to the side is good Money to me.

100k can change your life in certain ways, but it’s not life changing, theres s major difference between the two in my opinion. I’ve seen people come into the amount around 100k, but it didn’t last. That’s where knowledge comes in, because you can try to invest and still lose your money, compared to just sitting on it and saving on top of it.

I’ve seen people get 7 figures and have more wiggle room to take minor L,s in investing and still come out on top. 100k is good if your saving/adding to it, but a mill plus is more life changing money in my opinion.

That's only four month's mortgage or two years property tax. No, not life changing but it'll help.

What the **** do you do/how expensive was your house to have a $25k/month mortgage and $50k/year property tax........

for a smart person/hustler who just need that extra push to get things going in the right direction yea it can be life changing but for a bum who has absolutely no plans in place no

$100k would be 100% life-changing for me. Would allow me to go back to school to pursue a more human-centric career path without worrying about racking up student loans just to go into an industry where I’d be looking at half of my current salary.

... reading some of these responses has me feeling really blessed though, if $100k isn’t enough to change your life then y’all got some money addictions. Life is still pretty damb great even without being a millionaire :nthat:

I would love it and make use of it but it wouldn't change my life at all. Monday would come and I would be on the job....

this questions meaning applies to each person much differently than the next. Nobody is wrong if you say yes or no.

I do also think peoples idea of life changing is different. If you're broke, $100k gonna feel life changing but once thats gone, you still gotta do what you gotta do to survive, so you're life isn't really changing.

$10M? Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Most would retire with that money. Me? I couldnt.

100k can change your life in certain ways, but it’s not life changing, theres s major difference between the two in my opinion. I’ve seen people come into the amount around 100k, but it didn’t last. That’s where knowledge comes in, because you can try to invest and still lose your money, compared to just sitting on it and saving on top of it.

I’ve seen people get 7 figures and have more wiggle room to take minor L,s in investing and still come out on top. 100k is good if your saving/adding to it, but a mill plus is more life changing money in my opinion.
:lol: Some of the logic used in this thread is hilarious. There is a major difference to you, well find different words to use other than LIFE and CHANGE

You LITERALLY say it CHANGES your life, but then says it isn't life CHANGING.

Aight.

I am thinking this is some sort of pride thing that makes yall say no.

Not life changing, but able to upgrade the car and house and stuff. If that's your definition of life changing, then yea, but it isn't mine.

Life changing to me is more than just upgrading to things I don't even use just to have it, like a bigger house with more empty rooms, a faster car that gets driven in stop and go traffic 90% of the time, etc, etc.
So being able to easily put work into two items that you spend roughly 10 hours per day in isn't life changing? Cool. Makes sense.

Last edited:
To put it into perspective, I could use 100k right now. Most people could....but a Ferrari 488 is about $300,000. Life changing money could easily afford me one...

pay off all student loans and two cars, plus get to keep every cent of my paycheck? definitely life changing.

Again, I love how life CHANGING has to mean RETIREMENT. :lol:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A peak into my world. I'm an anesthesiologist who has been practicing over 15 years. I've given the government well over 100K every year I've been practicing(well, they kinda took it). 100K would be nice. I could pay off some things and pay for some of the kids education, but is it going to significantly change ANYTHING about my life? No. To answer your question, if I looked at my accounts and saw 100K missing, I'd be furious.....but the kids would eat..momma would still get her annual purse.....so no, my life wouldn't change if I lost 100. Of course this is the internet and I could just be talking **** :lol:

A peak into my world. I'm an anesthesiologist who has been practicing over 15 years. I've given the government well over 100K every year I've been practicing(well, they kinda took it). 100K would be nice. I could pay off some things and pay for some of the kids education, but is it going to significantly change ANYTHING about my life? No. To answer your question, if I looked at my accounts and saw 100K missing, I'd be furious.....but the kids would eat..momma would still get her annual purse.....so no, my life wouldn't change if I lost 100.

The question wasn't if it would SIGNIFICANTLY change anything.

It simply said, would it change your life.

Yall have to stop putting in these conditions that the original convo didn't include

Back
Top Bottom