Do you consider 100k life-changing money?

Do you consider 100k life-changing money?

• Total voters
examples?

I’ll just say what I’m most familiar with and that’s a bar and restaurant. There also multiple franchises under 100K, a boutique , a damn corner store, something lol.

Also dudes saying they make NEAR that in A WHOLE YEAR .... but your getting a lump sum in 1 day and that’s not life changing ? Lol

It’d be life improving. It would allow me to quit my job and focus on what im really interested in for the next 1-2 years.

It wouldn’t set me up for retirement or change the course of my life though.

Im a project manager.

Yup, it'd be life changing. It's just enough to open up more opportunities and also mess up your life with vice, so I'd call that life changing money.

It’d be life improving. It would allow me to quit my job and focus on what im really interested in for the next 1-2 years.

It wouldn’t set me up for retirement or change the course of my life though.

Im a project manager.

Just curious - you don’t think focusing on your interests for 1-2 years would be life changing? I feel like after being able to focus on those things, you’ll find ways to make them permanent and not have to switch back to your old (current) life.

i don't know too many women who would not shave their head for $1M.

The lose your best friend for $100k is weak though.

Reactions: ASE
I’ll just say what I’m most familiar with and that’s a bar and restaurant. There also multiple franchises under 100K, a boutique , a damn corner store, something lol.

Also dudes saying they make NEAR that in A WHOLE YEAR .... but your getting a lump sum in 1 day and that’s not life changing ? Lol

Guess it would depend on how you define life changing.

Id buy a Model S instead of a Model 3 and use the rest as a down payment for a house. Is that life changing? I guess... But I was going to accomplish this all anyways.

Im a SAP Data Analyst

Guess it would depend on how you define life changing.

Id buy a Model S instead of a Model 3 and use the rest as a down payment for a house. Is that life changing? I guess... But I was going to accomplish this all anyways.

Im a SAP Data Analyst

If you skipped a couple grades wouldn't the dynamics and course of your life change? You were going to graduate high school anyway. But now you move to college a couple years early and you cannot sign a lease without your parents because you are not 18. In your junior year you cannot legally drink and get into clubs like the rest of your peers.

Or would you trade your best friend for 100k?
giphy.webp

If you skipped a couple grades wouldn't the dynamics and course of your life change? You were going to graduate high school anyway. But now you move to college a couple years early and you cannot sign a lease without your parents because you are not 18. In your junior year you cannot legally drink and get into clubs like the rest of your peers.

Again, this depends on how you define life changing.

Accomplishing the inevitable sooner rather than later, to me, isn't life changing based upon the magnitude of how soon that goal would be inevitablely accomplished.

Attaining something improbable as a result of this would be life changing tho, say if I only made 25K a year and drove a beater with no hope of a better hustle any time soon and this allowed me to buy a reliable car and move outta my mom's crib.

But speeding up goals that would be accomplished in the near future regardless? It's nice, but not life changing. Matter of perspective

That kind of money is life changing, if you don't think so you don't understand the value of a dollar

Or we live different lives with different expenses and equity as is. For those who don’t have much and live in a low cost of living area sure it’s a lot. For those of us making more than that amount per year and living in an expensive city it’s really not all that much. The career and potential earnings have a lot to do with it.

Like i said in an earlier post, for those of us working in high profession careers it won’t do much. Maybe speed something up by an extra year max. Wouldn’t change life whatsoever though.

Just curious - you don’t think focusing on your interests for 1-2 years would be life changing? I feel like after being able to focus on those things, you’ll find ways to make them permanent and not have to switch back to your old (current) life.

It would speed up my goal by a year, BUT im already working towards my goal while working. 100k wouldn’t take my goal off hold, just speed it up and allow me to enjoy the process.

That’s not life changing to me, just accelerating the inevitable. Which is why i said life improving.

Back
Top Bottom