Do you correct the cashier if you catch them making a mistake in your favor?

Happened to me for the last time years ago.

Before going to the movies, my lady and I grab some coffee. Pay with a ten, knowingly get back a twenty and some change. We watch The Family Man and there's a scene where a girl at the liquor store knowingly gets back incorrect change in her favor. Don Cheadle, as God, says to Nicholas Cage, "See, character. All for a couple bucks."

Went back the next day, bought a coffee, dropped a twenty in the tip jar.

That movie changed my damn life.

But you initial change tho??

They came up on u

Local mom and pop stores I'm in on a regular - yea ill let them know. Funny thing is the other day they messed up on a debit transaction ($40-50). Later that day I realized I wasn't charged so the next day I let dude know. He was like don't worry about it

Major chain store- nah not my problem.

Same!
If it's a Mom and Pop ill definitely let em know.
It's because my family had a family run business.

But major shops naw.

A long time ago my girl went to Nordstrom to return some $1200 Valentino shoes. After the return, we notice the lady at the register starts bagging up the shoes and asked if she would like the receipt with her or in the bag. She says, 'Uhh, in the bag?' Lady throws the receipt in the bag and smiles to my girl and tells us to have a good day. We dipped the F out of Nordstrom after that.
wait so you returned the shoes and afterwards the person gave the shoes back to you for free?

Happened to me and my wife at Sam's Club. Gave the cashier our cart, she never scanned the water bottles under the cart, then as we were leaving,

the receipt checker also missed the water, noticed it later on the receipt as we were loading that we were never charged, went back in and spoke to the manager 

about it and he told us to keep it since it was missed by both employees. 

Man, I applaud the honesty but at that point I think its acceptable to be like screw and keep it moving, not cause youre getting away with it but the inconvenience of going back in and whatnot.

Cmon bruh. :lol:

Last edited:
Its been a minute since sumn like that has happened to me. The last event to even come close was when i was in OKC a few months back. I was on the Interstate and i was heading back east and traffic going west was at a standstill, needless to say an amored truck flipped over and it was raining money, (google it) and everybody hopped out and was getting busy but me. WHY??? because I'm on the other side of the damn bridge and can see it but its no way to get there... needless to say had i been over there i for sure woulda came up... its the governments loss not mine. RIGHT?

Back
Top Bottom