Do you discuss how much money you have with anyone outside your family or immediate circle?

I've seen a few threads on here where users will be arguing and one will  post their "salary" in an attempt to prove their intelligence and/or self-worth. Similarly, I know people who will say "Oh I make $$$" a year or "My parents are worth $$$" and it's something I never really understood. Is it really appropriate to discuss your finances with others who it doesn't concern? I was always raised with the mentality that even if you more money than someone else, there's always another person with more than you so why even brag about it. So I just wanted to see if it was just me that felt that this is something that's unnecessary and borderline classless or that it's actually quite common.

I've seen a few threads on here where users will be arguing and one will  post their "salary" in an attempt to prove their intelligence and/or self-worth. Similarly, I know people who will say "Oh I make $$$" a year or "My parents are worth $$$" and it's something I never really understood. Is it really appropriate to discuss your finances with others who it doesn't concern? I was always raised with the mentality that even if you more money than someone else, there's always another person with more than you so why even brag about it. So I just wanted to see if it was just me that felt that this is something that's unnecessary and borderline classless or that it's actually quite common.

Damn, wish I was in a position to brag about how much money I have.
ohwell.gif

I discuss how much money I owe more often than how much money I have.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

ohwell.gif

tired.gif
 exactly.

ohwell.gif

tired.gif
 exactly.

I was raised to never ask and never tell.

I get real uncomfortable when people ask me how much I paid for my house, or how much I make.

I get real uncomfortable when people ask me how much I paid for my house, or how much I make.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I get real uncomfortable irritated when people ask me how much I paid for my house, or how much I make.
The only person that I will ever discuss this with is my wife.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I get real uncomfortable irritated when people ask me how much I paid for my house, or how much I make.
The only person that I will ever discuss this with is my wife.

My family doesn't even know how much money I have .. My baby mom as an idea but she don't know either ..

My family doesn't even know how much money I have .. My baby mom as an idea but she don't know either ..

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

ohwell.gif

almost this...kills the mood to bring up sallie mae...its like an unspoken truth

Back
Top Bottom