do you favor any of the more unpopular signature model?

eod0807

Banned
My taste really has changed since I got into js about 15 years ago.  Before I would say my favs like most were the XIs, XIIs, and XIIIs - but now my taste really has changed alot and I don't think its fair to say you dont like a shoe that you have never worn casually or hooped in.

For me my new fav sig models without a doubt are the XIV and the XXI.  These two shoes IMO are the best performing jays on the court and also 2 of the best design wise.  The XXI gets a lot of hate but the genius is in the detail in the simplicity of that design .  No other pair of jays Ive owned feel the same as the XXIs once you tighten up those laces.

Anyone else out there feel like the odd man out when it comes to your favorite signature jordan?

Over the years, the Flint XVs have become one of my favs. I need a pair asap. I had the Columbia XVs when they first released but didn't like them because they were a size and half too big. I believe the XVs would be a fan favorite if MJ played in them.

Recently I was lookin for some XIXs to add to the collection. I never realized how nice the Silver/White and the West Edition pair were.

But of all the sigs, the XX2 is the only pair that has not caught me. I guess I need to own a pair to appreciate them more. I plan on getting the stealth cw for the collection.

i love the XV's, i know its one of the most hated but to me i think there
pimp.gif
, thats just me though

the X were somewhat unpopular ( even with micheal apparently)
but theyre one of my fav still to this day.  og shadows !

I'VE BEEN IN LOVE WITH THE 1-14 MODELS BUT RECENTLY I CANT GET ENOUGH OF THE 17 AND 18 AND HAVE BEGAN TO GO BACK AND RE-COP AS MANY PAIRS OF THOSE TWO AS I CAN. 17'S ARE NOW IN MY TOP 5 FAVORITE OF THE JORDAN SIG LINE.

Wow......... This is interesting.

Are you guys sure that all of you aren't feeling this way because there hasn't been any new and exciting heat to come out for JB in quite some time? The best thing to come from JB in the last few years were the 23. Anything after the 23 and before it, up to maaaaaaaaaaaaybe the 16 was an eyesore and complete garbage (meaning 17 - 22 was crap). I mean, there was a reason we all disliked the later models and that's because they lacked the innovation and revolutionary design that we all once knew from JB. Now, everything is a gimmick and ugly on purpose.

For example:
2009's - Fencing........ Crap!
2010's - MJ saw through his opponents........ Crap!

Just my thoughts on this topic.

Originally Posted by My Idol 23 4life

Are you guys sure that all of you aren't feeling this way because there hasn't been any new and exciting heat to come out for JB in quite some time? The best thing to come from JB in the last few years were the 23. Anything after the 23 and before it, up to maaaaaaaaaaaaybe the 16 was an eyesore and complete garbage (meaning 17 - 22 was crap). I mean, there was a reason we all disliked the later models and that's because they lacked the innovation and revolutionary design that we all once knew from JB. Now, everything is a gimmick and ugly on purpose.

For example:

i dont think this is necessarily true at all.  if jordan had played int he xvi, xvii, xviii in the bulls 3 peat i dont think the xis, xii, and xiii would be heralded as such classics as they are today. well maybe the xis but they are in a leauge of their own. 

the reason those shoes were so "new and exciting" is because for most of us we were in our teens when they came out and buying our own shoes was new and exciting.

hell the first pair of jordan i bought from a nike outlet were the white/black xiiis.  they had a fsr for $99.99.  i was the only person waiting to buy the og flint xiiis at my local footaction the day those dropped.  they werent the hotcakes they are remembered as. 

I agree with the if jordan played in them argument. I owned reebok question's because iverson wore them. I look at them now and am like ehh they are kind of ugly

My fav jay of all time is the 16. Midnight navy 16 is my grail. I am dying for a pair i hope they get retroed soon

I actually ran my 21s into the ground. I played tennis in them religiously because of the ankle support-cushioning-traction. People always mug you when you have high tops on playing tennis but hey i was original.

ima sucker for 15s, remember gettin the navy/wht joints dat dropped when i was a jit, i remember copping the 17's in middle school and all of us carrying our gym shoes to school in the suitcase (mite sound lame but hell we was 12-13 asking our parents to drop damn near 200 on some kicks so best believe we got our money worth out of dat purchase), remember the 18s from my freshmen year in hs the blk, i remember every1 hate'n on the 19s sophmore year but dem laker inspired joints and the why/red/grey were copped, i never liked the 20s always looked like an incomplete shoe to me, 21s dropped and i fell in love wit the all red suede joints (1 of my top 5 Js), 22s never caught my eye, and the 23s had me goin broke tryna cop every color.....now as of late JB has lost their touch wit releasing those 09s and 2010s dem joints have no appeal to me wat so ever

i really like the XV not only was it my first Sig. Jordan, but when i first got it wore them to the ground. But tnx for the retro i got my pair again.

Originally Posted by eod0807

Originally Posted by My Idol 23 4life

For example:

i dont think this is necessarily true at all.  if jordan had played int he xvi, xvii, xviii in the bulls 3 peat i dont think the xis, xii, and xiii would be heralded as such classics as they are today. well maybe the xis but they are in a leauge of their own. 

the reason those shoes were so "new and exciting" is because for most of us we were in our teens when they came out and buying our own shoes was new and exciting.

hell the first pair of jordan i bought from a nike outlet were the white/black xiiis.  they had a fsr for $99.99.  i was the only person waiting to buy the og flint xiiis at my local footaction the day those dropped.  they werent the hotcakes they are remembered as. 
You're right. When the !3's originally came out, there were plenty of people (myself included) that though that they were horrible. In fact, the Black and white colorway sat, and I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that the playoffs were the most popular and they weren't impossible to get. Truth be told, a lot of jordan's that people get hyped over now weren't impossible to get then (Grape V's, Bordeaux 7's, Olympic 7's etc.) A lot of non Bulls colorways sat for a long time.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

i love the XV's, i know its one of the most hated but to me i think there
pimp.gif
, thats just me though

The XV has and will always be one of my favorite sigs. Wore them all through my junior year. They're uncomfortable as hell, but I love'em. Especially the Black/Metallic silver and the White/Deep-Red lows. In the year 2000 I saw waaaaaay more people with these than retros (until the release of the XI), but now all of a sudden they're the most despised Jordan of all time. It makes me feel like the people who're bashing them are just repeating what they've heard others says and are too young to know that these shoes were one of the last remotely popular sigs before retros completely took over. Once this retro craze hit, people stopped paying any real attention to the latest sigs (i.e. XVI,XVII,XVIII,XIX,XX,XX1,XX2)

I've always been a fan of the XIV, and the XXI had a very similar simplistic look to me which instantly made them one of my favorites. I actually own more XXIs (6) than any other model, but my XIVs aren't far behind at 5. I also loved the simplicity of the XVIIIs. Sadly, I beat my originals and now only have the CDPs.

people hate them, but the xix is one of my favorites. love that shoe. The xx2 is another one that people hate, but I have two pairs in my closet. Both of the original two colorways.

also gotta love the xiv, xvi, and xvii. Never understood why people hated on these so much

I love XVs.

They're almost like a high fashion sneaker to me.

BTW, OP I'm feeling your avatar. Nice one.

Re: XVs

I would love if they dropped these colourways again:
air-jordan-15-black-red-flight-club-4.jpg
*These retroed in 2007, but where? Was it US only?*
air-jordan-15-xv-original-og-flint-grey-white_1_.jpg

Other then that if we see a Anniversary XV this year, which we more then likely will, I will be all over it.

Back
Top Bottom