Do You Fear About Having To Work All Your Life?

I think it sucks how the US doesn't have mandatory paid vacation like all the other 1st world countries in the world

5cf032cf210000ed08e68122.jpeg
Yeah....that actually sucks, I can't defend that ****.

Yeah my new goal is to work towards being financially independent and comfortable. Like I don't hate what I do, but I don't like the idea of working nawmean? waking up, on the clock type of ****. Even if I end up having my own thing later in life, someone else will manage the daily ops.

where i work
u can take vacation after u pass probation
which is 3 months
I work as a graphic designer now, but I don't remember having vacation pay when I worked for Ross, Target, or Best Buy. The only places that offered that were Costco and Trader Joe's. In fact, those are the only jobs were I see same employees year after year.

Idk about y’all but I’ve worked for city, gov and also basically any factory job you can think of...1 year of work = 40 hours paid vacation plus earning paid sick days during that time.
I exclude those type of jobs from being entry-level because they are never on the spotlight and are far from normal job that you would only get into if you have a background of that type of work or know the right people. Those I consider in the same vein as a construction or Union worker.

I exclude those type of jobs from being entry-level because they are never on the spotlight and are far from normal job that you would only get into if you have a background of that type of work or know the right people. Those I consider in the same vein as a construction or Union worker.

Basically yea. Some are ok like 40 hours vacation 2 sick days per 2 weeks. And that overtime thing where u can just take a day off instead I hate that one tho give me my time and a half instead

No, gunning for 7 figures in retirement savings before age 35 and on track. Stock market been good to me so far. Simply earn, save, and invest.

Idk about y’all but I’ve worked for city, gov and also basically any factory job you can think of...1 year of work = 40 hours paid vacation plus earning paid sick days during that time.
ohhhhh ok
see the jobs ive worked u dont just get 40hrs for the whole year
u can earn more depending on ur length of service
as an example i currently get 10hrs of vacation time every month
and every year on my anniversary date i get 96hrs of sick time for the whole year
i can stack my sick time
so last year i still had 20hrs left of sick
they banked it and added to the 96hrs on my anniversary day
so then i had 116hrs of sick time
for vacation time
like i said i get 10 hrs/month accrual
but theres folks who get 16hr/month accrual
so thats 2 days a month
i believe after 10 years it jumps to that
i cant remember off hand
and our vacation and sick time doesnt expire
and it stacks
i know folks with like 5 and 600 hrs of sick time
and like 190 hrs of vacation
when we retire
they cash us out all our stacked vacation
but we lose sick time
so what most folks do before they retire
is they go on leave to exhaust their sick time
come back then put in for retirement that same week

truth be told
ur pension may not even be enough
depending on how many years u work
and 401k can be gone in a matter of months depending on ur bills
100k in 401k aint really alot
well maybe if u live in like iowa
or some place like that
let ms have my delusions of grandeur in peace. I still got 30 more years before I can retire

On the real, I always have this fantasy that some NT members come together to do something amazing and change their lives financially. Starting some kind of business or something that they could push locally for the collective.... uust a pipe dream tho. Not too many catse that hungry or progressive on here

On the real, I always have this fantasy that some NT members come together to do something amazing and change their lives financially. Starting some kind of business or something that they could push locally for the collective.... uust a pipe dream tho. Not too many catse that hungry or progressive on here
tell me what u got in mind
im down

With the characters and varied occupations in here, we could definitely have a YouTube channel/podcast easily, and that's before even bringing up shoes.

Ya shouldnt lean to much on ya 401k. I personally dont buy into that method. I have other financial tools here and elsewhere that have my proverbial financial backside.

Its all a gamble for us anyway. We dont have the power to move markets like the big dogs do. Just hope and pray.

Yeah my new goal is to work towards being financially independent and comfortable. Like I don't hate what I do, but I don't like the idea of working nawmean? waking up, on the clock type of ****. Even if I end up having my own thing later in life, someone else will manage the daily ops.
Since I love technology and my field, I could picture me working for a long long time. If it was some other **** tho, I wouldn’t be able to do it

Since I love technology and my field, I could picture me working for a long long time. If it was some other **** tho, I wouldn’t be able to do it
what is ur technology and field
if u dont mind sharing

Back
Top Bottom