Do you find it rude when people ask how much you paid for a "big" purchase?

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by babylonzion

you must be white..

you must be stupid.
laugh.gif

i asked a white friend of mine how much she made and she refused to answer. I found it so weird. whats the big deal? its not like im gonna start hitting you up for money..lol

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I was brought up to never ask how much someone makes, how much something cost them or who they voted for.

I find the same question when asked to me uncomfortable and none of your God damn business.

All of this. 
Don't care for nosey people in general.

Originally Posted by jhova718

i asked a white friend of mine how much she made and she refused to answer. I found it so weird. whats the big deal? its not like im gonna start hitting you up for money..lol
But why do you need to know that?  That's a ridiculously personal question. 

i dont NEED to know, but we were talking finances, budgets, how "times are rough", and she mentions she had just gotten a raise. it just flowed with the conversation. it wasnt a question from left field. i understand the sentiment though.

It's very rude. 
To me these questions are a measuring stick that people use to put value on you based on the things that you have instead of what kind of person you are.
If I've made a new home purchase, car purchase, or any other big ticket item just enjoy it with me.  It's none of your business what I paid for it.

I just reply, "Your mom's weight times ______[10 or 100 or 1000 depending on the item in question].".
When they're face turns salty, then you'll know who won.

This is even more rude than asking how much a big purchase cost, I asked my own parents when I was younger and they refused to tell me.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I was brought up to never ask how much someone makes, how much something cost them or who they voted for.

I find the same question when asked to me uncomfortable and none of your God damn business.

What's the reasoning behind the latter two? What's the point in not telling someone "I paid 60k for my car" or who you chose to publicly represent you in political/governmental office? I would understand the voting one if there wasn't so much hypocrisy tied to it

You dudes are mad sensitive. "Nah man I ain't gonna tell you how much I paid for my base model charger, thats rude." How is that rude, though?
Ya the same dudes that always think someones out to get you.

guess I don't want people to feel inferior and I know its expensive and if they are like hey how much those shades they wanna hear 25$ but my shades cost 6hunna

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by prison mike

Yea, it's very annoying and rude.
Especially, when that's the first thing they say. I guess it's sorta like you don't ask a woman how old she is
laugh.gif
Also..you would never ask a woman what their breast size is..or how much they weigh..
laugh.gif

It's rude because it gives the person you're asking the impression that you're judging them based on how much they make/how much they spend. I know girls who are like this; this one girl I was dating for a bit always asked how much my clothes cost before giving compliments
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 "What kind of watch is that?"*checks brand* "How much did you get it for?" She would only tell me it was nice only if I gave "satisfactory" answers. I even tricked her a bunch of times (wearing a shirt from target, said it was D&G
laugh.gif
). It's not that I want compliments or anything, but it shows what kind of gross individual the other person is. Had to get rid of her superficial @#$ ASAP  

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

never bothered me...

I always give them a ballpark figure anyway.

This. I always purchase everything at a bargain, so it feels good when people ask me how much I paid for my house, cars, gadgets etc......

I can see dummies over paying for sneakers and not willing to discuss how much they paid.

I only ask if I'm interested in it for some reason and if I do so, I start the sentence, with "do you mind me asking" so one simply has the option not to answer without being rude.

But I think the circumstance determine if it annoys me or if I'm willing to share this info.

It doesn't bother me if someone asks, but I'd only ask my best friends or close relatives.  One of my friends is hella nosy though and he'll ask me how much money I have in savings or how much money I got for my birthday.  It gets annoying because he thinks my family is rich, we're not, so he tries to get me to overpay for some things or tells me to charge @@!! to my cc and have my parents pay for it
30t6p3b.gif
.  One of my friends was telling me to watch out for people like that, but this nosy dude is one of my best friends, so I just chalk it up to his immaturity
ohwell.gif

I think it's kinda annoying. Exception bein if they're lookin to buy the product as well

I get the feeling some people get offended when i ask about jewerly, tv's or tattoos by saying "how many meals did ___ set your family back" 

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

never bothered me...

I always give them a ballpark figure anyway.
This. I always purchase everything at a bargain, so it feels good when people ask me how much I paid for my house, cars, gadgets etc......

I can see dummies over paying for sneakers and not willing to discuss how much they paid.
most of this.

Back
Top Bottom