If u already got something that’s a for sure thing and better
Burning bridges don’t matter
Always look forward not back
Be smart
But don’t be a fool
These companies don’t give 2 ****s about u
Or what u got going on
Look out for u and ur fam

that’s what I’m saying. Like now I work for my wive’s friend’s dad. He’s cool as hell so I’d never do him dirty.

but a lot of these big companies I’ve worked for don’t give a damn about you. Idk why you’d feel any type of loyalty about them... the boss would can you in a second or cut your hours to get a nice bonus.

my last job lied to me and then I got my current job. I gave them one week and they’re lucky they got that. the boss was cool but f his boss and the owners. they still call and beg me to come back.

Yeah don't burn bridges, 2 weeks is a good compromise. I rage quit once but it was UPS part time so it didn't matter. Funny enough I got the job because I showed up after the seasonal bid was over and no one told me the last day. Everybody just kept rolling with it.
Yo u still showing up
Working after seasonal bid
Is hilarious
U even had the medical and dental huh???
Now THATS a finesse

If it’s a job I would consider putting down on my resume for a different job then yeah, leaving on good terms matters. You want people to say good things about you if you got them as a reference.

“Oh yeah I know that lil ***** NawtyHare. He was a major flake. Didn’t even give 2 weeks notice he was quitting. threw up a gang sign as he was leaving and attempted an assault on an employee by hurling his badge directly at them. Would not recommend.“

This lady did the same thing
Worked 1 day
And we never saw her again
Mind u it’s a high paying
Benefited
Unionized hospital job
She quit cause the females in the dept
Was kinda harassing her though
Being hella passive aggressive :lol:
Or only putting up with it one day was wild though

bruh we had people quitting left and right at one of my union jobs with free bennies and all that. :lol:

that job I was just talking about that lied to me. I quit the same week as 5 other people. Boss was ready to cry. :lol: right in the busiest part of the year too.

f em, can’t treat your employees like dirt.

I filed a grievance on my last day too and still got my money like 4 months later.

If it’s a job I would consider putting down on my resume for a different job then yeah, leaving on good terms matters. You want people to say good things about you if you got them as a reference.

“Oh yeah I know that lil ***** NawtyHare. He was a major flake. Didn’t even give 2 weeks notice he was quitting. threw up a gang sign as he was leaving and attempted an assault on an employee by hurling his badge directly at them. Would not recommend.“
I had another’s job that I already passed probation for
And once u oss probation at the hospital
It’s hard as hell for them to fire u
That union :pimp:
The union at the county was cool
But NOTHING like the one at the hospital
The county we couldn’t even strike
It was in our contract :lol:
What dumb asses made that contract

bruh we had people quitting left and right at one of my union jobs with free bennies and all that. :lol:

that job I was just talking about that lied to me. I quit the same week as 5 other people. Boss was ready to cry. :lol: right in the busiest part of the year too.

f em, can’t treat your employees like dirt.

I filed a grievance on my last day too and still got my money like 4 months later.
Yo them grievances be wild
I filed a grievance last month
Over some hours from 2 years ago
$1,400 hit my account a week later
All u gotta do is find a loophole and it’s free money :lol:

Lol how tf can’t you strike???

who the hell voted that one in?

I used to drive a cement mixer, we were going to a job where they were on strike.

we all parked our trucks and told our boss we aren’t crossing their picket line. So we all go over and chill with the boys on strike while the owner had to drive the trucks in and deliver the concrete.:rofl:

Yo them grievances be wild
I filed a grievance last month
Over some hours from 2 years ago
$1,400 hit my account a week later
All u gotta do is find a loophole and it’s free money :lol:

damn, mine was just for 5 hours time and a half pay.

that’s a nice bonus. :pimp:

damn, mine was just for 5 hours time and a half pay.

that’s a nice bonus. :pimp:
Currently going on another one
For not being offered overtime
Overtime suppose to be offered by seniority
Even though I don’t ever work overtime
They still are suppose to ask u
Even if they know u not gonna work it
They STILL gotta ask
But I never got asked
So I’m currently going back
everytime I didn’t get asked
Back 3 years
AT LEAST 8 hours a week
For 3 years
:rofl: :rofl:
and they have to pay it
They just going back to calculate it now

Yessir! Give em a two weeks notice. You never wanna burn bridges.

Hell I gave one of my old jobs like 2 months or a month & some change notice before lol. I had a lot of love & respect for them. They were like family. Still close to a lot of them. They still invite me to work parties or after work hangouts.

When I was working there as a temp (year long assignment) they hired me full time by my 3rd month. Plus due to da governments (my next job) extensive background check they basically knew I had one foot out da door. So I figured I’d just tell them once I got accepted into da FAA.

Lol that’s the same thing mine was for, but it was just for one day...

that’s what contracts are for.

Lol that’s the same thing mine was for, but it was just for one day...

that’s what contracts are for.
I remember getting grievance pay
On a grievance I ain’t even file :lol:
Someone else did
But they still had to pay everyone out that was in the department
Cause it effected them
Was like $350

I was reading that whole thread on Twitter this morning. I'm not the type to burn bridges so yes, I'd give my 2 weeks cause you never know.

I remember getting grievance pay
On a grievance I ain’t even file :lol:
Someone else did
But they still had to pay everyone out that was in the department
Cause it effected them
Was like $350

yeah, “who wants to get in on this grievance with me!?” :lol:

then we start a mass text with my business agent.

we had like 10 grievances a day at my last job. That’s how trash it was.

my current job has had two in 45 years. :lol:

my current boss/owner is the man, he pays us more than our contract says and pays our unemployment for the winter and gets us all cash jobs. :rofl:

I'm about to give this current job a one week notice right before the break

Not really the kind you have to do it though.

i was working at this one women’s boutique and they were cutting my hours and giving them to the new girl. The store next door told me they wanted to hire me. A few weeks later one weekend the manager next door asked me if I was ready to start Monday. At the end of my shift I told the owner Sunday was my last day. The owner wasn’t mad at all just said if it pays more and has benefits and room for growth she would have did the same thing.

Never burn bridges

Cant stress this enough.

If the management at the job is truly trash, it’s whatever I suppose.

I’ve been a Dist. Mgr. for almost a decade now and I can recall some people that abandoned the job, but then came back asking to get rehired...nah fam...even if I’m short staffed.

certainly not my thing, but have known some folks to do it...

thought this was an interesting read regarding references, especially No. 6...

10 Things HR Doesn't Want You to Know.

HR and recruiting have some secrets you should know.

2. They do "backdoor" reference checks.

Before hiring you, HR will check references. You may think you can control the process by giving names of only people who will provide glowing recommendations, but some HR folks also do "backdoor" reference checks. They tap into their own network of contacts and find someone who worked with you to get an unbiased viewpoint. In particular, this technique is used if it seems like you left your last employer under suspicious circumstances, e.g., you say you were laid off, but it sounds like you got fired.

6. They don't give references to avoid slander lawsuits.
The reason many companies have a policy against giving references is to avoid any slander lawsuits--especially in situations where the employee didn't leave on good terms. These days, companies are required only to provide dates of employment and pay rate. They can refuse to comment on an employee's performance. However, if asked if the employee is eligible for rehire, they can legally say "yes" or "no" and not be at risk of being sued. This is important, because if they say "no," then it tells the potential employer something went wrong. Thus, if you haven't explained honestly why you left your last job, it could be seen as suspect and you may not get a job offer.

Companies don’t give you two weeks notice when they gonna lay you off so why should I give them anything?

Also when it comes to getting another job offer some companies say they want you to start right away and dont extend the two week courtesy.

Back
Top Bottom