Do you guys have Karaoke at house parties?

See thread title

Ive been to karaoke bars before, but my girl (Filipino) is saying she wants to bring one of her three karaoke machines to a big chalet party my homies are throwing in the mountains. Is this a good idea?

What kinda songs get the party started and get everyone into it?

Pls advise.

I never did Karaoke. Never saw the point of it. I know I can't sing, and I don't wanna hear other people that can't sing try to sing. Id rather clutch a bottle of Henny and catch some twerks on a wall, maybe even a dutty whine or two

But I have a lot of friends that are into karaoke. Different strokes for different folks.

However to answer your question
Can't go wrong with:
Lil Jon and the Eastode Boyz- Get Low
Juvenile - Back that *** up
50 Cent ft that guy from Cali - Beat the ***** Up
R. Kelly - Honey Love
R. Kelly- Summer Bunnies
Uncle Luke - I wanna Rock

That mixed with a liter of the HenRock will have your party jumping

Play strip karaoke..if someone gets a lyric wrong, they have to take some clothes off

(If your under 21, disregard everything I'm saying)

Last edited:
Hall & Oates songs are my favorite to karaoke. But I prefer private karaoke (like the private rooms like at SingSing in NYC)

Hall & Oates songs are my favorite to karaoke. But I prefer private karaoke (like the private rooms like at SingSing in NYC)

Hall and Oats not gonna get the shorties busting it open on handstands though. It's a party they need something live

If you from my time. boyz 2 men - I'll make love to you will get it going.

Then you can go from there. Maybe some journey, maybe some Keith sweat with the "twisted". Bohemian rhapsody.

Brah, if you're ever gonna date a filipina chick, you might as well line up the top 5 songs you know how to sing cause you WILL be needing those at some point in the relationship :lol: (Barbeques, birthdays, wednesdays, weddings, etc)

With that said ...

Curtis Mayfield, Pusherman
Mark Morrison, Return of the Mack (if you have a wack voice, cause everyone just gonna dance to it anyways)

Depends on the crowd. Family and close friends are the people I would do this with. I probably wouldn't use this at a party or get together where most people don't know each other.

Personally I hate going to parties/bars with karaoke. Sure fire way to kill the mood and my buzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like going to random bars on Karaoke night. One time I went to this biker bar filled with hardcore biker dudes that were a tattoo away from being in the KKK. So a brolic black guy like me in Js gets on the mic and bust out some Seether and Staind :lol:
Dudes we in shock. Made some good pals that night and lets not forget the biker babez :smokin
With all that said, Karaoke is pointless without being drunk

Last edited:
I like going to random bars on Karaoke night. One time I went to this biker bar filled with hardcore biker dudes that were a tattoo away from being in the KKK. So a brolic black guy like me in Js gets on the mic and bust out some Seether and Staind :lol:
Dudes we in shock. Made some good pals that night and lets not forget the biker babez :smokin

I always felt like black folks singing black music is..like cheating.

I like doing rock and pop songs to suprise people.

I cant do that high note RnB stuff and doing a rap song is too cliche for me.
I foox with the rock though :smokin

See thread title

Ive been to karaoke bars before, but my girl (Filipino) is saying she wants to bring one of her three karaoke machines to a big chalet party my homies are throwing in the mountains. Is this a good idea?

What kinda songs get the party started and get everyone into it?

Pls advise.
I think they like to invite cousins and cousin's friend's family and all that.  like 4 generations at one party.  they often serve goat and they LOVE singing "Unchained Melodies", drink San Miguel and crack open balut.  cuz I went to a friend's sisters party. lolz

Last edited:

I like going to random bars on Karaoke night. One time I went to this biker bar filled with hardcore biker dudes that were a tattoo away from being in the KKK. So a brolic black guy like me in Js gets on the mic and bust out some Seether and Staind
laugh.gif

Dudes we in shock. Made some good pals that night and lets not forget the biker babez
smokin.gif

This

I personally love karaoke. My go to songs are Empire State of Mind and Hey Ya. And you definitely have to have the GOAT of all time karaoke songs, Don't Stop Believing.

Back
Top Bottom