Do you guys think texting is overrated?

I hate talking on the phone. I much rather text somebody than speak to them. *shrugs*

I'm not really crazy about texting, but it IS super convenient.

I don't like talking on the phone at all though...

In person, face to face, eye to eye is my ideal form of communication.

With txting now, do kids in high school still pass notes? Or am I that old lol

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by Wr

With txting now, do kids in high school still pass notes? Or am I that old lol
Girls at my HS still did that
cool. nothing compares to getting a origami letter that smell like perfume in between passing periods. Or sent covertly through the office aides lol. miss those days 

Texting when in the form of conversations is incredibly lame and I hate it with a passion. I've lost interest in numerous girls because all our convos would be through text. It also doesn't help that I'm super sarcastic and it doesn't translate well when someone is just meeting me. I am not the type of person that can thrive in this weird social networking/texting culture unless its a business themed discussion. When it comes to females I honestly hate it with a passion. The fact most of you don't actually like talking on the phone and would rather text is really scarey and you don't realize how important the art of words and delivery are. A silver tongue can get you a lot further than toneless emotionless text.

I kinda dont like texting, unless its with my girl. But I ABSOLUTELY hate talking or should I say, having a conversation on the phone. Ill call someone if I need information or if plans need to be made, however I hate shooting the breeze on the phone. HATE IT!! Im so glad my girl doesnt like to talk on the phone. We just text all day no problem.

Id much rather talk face to face though. I CANNOT STAND having to hold my phone to my face for 20+ minutes at a time, talking to someone who I most likely dont want to talk to.

some of ya'll must sound like kermit the frog over the phone lol

i hate when people text about things that require a long drawn out reply

honestly i'm not a fan of phones period

i do everything in person

i hate the idea of people feeling like you are available to them at all times

if you aren't in my circle i rarely ever answer my phone

I have replaced phone calls with texts, and I'm one of the persons that will not pickup a call and text them saying, "What's good?"

Texting is the %(#$#@.
I generally dont like talking on the phone unless its making plans or needing to talk to someone quick asap. Everything else, text.

Texting has ruined this generation's ability to communicate.
30t6p3b.gif

Very handy though.
laugh.gif

I call to lay my ground work game with a chick, then I text to get the draws, every once in awhile I'll call a chick out the blue and talk to her and she'll be surprised because dudes don't really call chick's anymore, i learned how to mack !+$@%# late night on a cordless phone I had to adapt to this texting !@*%

You gotta be able to do both

Has anyone else ever smash a chick and never have a phone conversation with her, just text?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

texting is between a AIM im and a phone call...i dont expect ppl to get back to me fast with a TEXT, with a AIM IM i expect rapid conversation...a phone call is only for important people.

laugh.gif
this is how i see it too
i prefer face to face but ill shoot a text or aim depending on the conversation
if im on my phone 50% of the time im texting very handy

Texting > Talking.

For quick replies, of course jump on the phone.

For drawn out convos, like the never-ending one between me and my girl, it's mostly carried out through text. There are more times when you can text rather than call. Also, and this may be just for me, I'm better able to formulate my thoughts and ideas through writing rather than talking. I come off more intelligent
laugh.gif
. Whats interesting though is that I have no problem formulating those thoughts and delivering them in an intelligent way when speaking face to face. My only issue is over the phone.

So the consensus is, no one likes talking on the phone using their voice? 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 .. Things have really changed I see. 

Txting, social media - FB, Twitter, Tumblr etc..

ALL OVERATED.

You want to meet a girl, get her damn digits, give her a ring, conversate and meet up with her at the park, take her out on a date. Dont chat to her online.

Originally Posted by I3

Txting, social media - FB, Twitter, Tumblr etc..

ALL OVERATED.

You want to meet a girl, get her damn digits, give her a ring, conversate and meet up with her at the park, take her out on a date. Dont chat to her online.

Meeting and smashing online >>>>>*

Trying to get in them drawls = talking on the phone

Just meeting her and Trying to get to know her= talking on the phone

Already smashed = text

Back
Top Bottom