Do you guys think texting is overrated?

If it's something that takes less than 10 seconds to say, just text me. I hate when someone calls me and spends 5 minutes talking about something that you can say in one very short text message.

if its something important or urgent - phone call

anything trivial - text message

if you really wanna have a conversation with me - I'd rather do it face to face while hanging out somewhere

Texting is a catch 22 comes in handy when I need to send something simple but then there are things that cant be explained in a few text messages 

I rarely text nowadays. Gets annoying. But I'll def text a breezy back if she tryna do sumthin

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

So the consensus is, no one likes talking on the phone using their voice? 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 .. Things have really changed I see. 
Pretty much
laugh.gif

text for the short convo call em for a long one..I get more heated over the facebook deal..don't have one don't want one but it seems any event that I didn't know about "I put it on my facebook...". Facebook will have it end like myspace and the rest then maybe people will acually start talking again instead of leaving status updates.Facebook is def overrated.

everything has it's time and place, i'd rather talk on the phone, but it phone conversation isn't permitted i will resort to texting, but i must agree it's grown to be much more than it was ever intended to be

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Trying to get in them drawls = talking on the phone

Just meeting her and Trying to get to know her= talking on the phone

Already smashed = text

this man knows....

*glass clink*

Originally Posted by solefood229

I call to lay my ground work game with a chick, then I text to get the draws, every once in awhile I'll call a chick out the blue and talk to her and she'll be surprised because dudes don't really call chick's anymore, i learned how to mack !+$@%# late night on a cordless phone I had to adapt to this texting !@*%

You gotta be able to do both

Has anyone else ever smash a chick and never have a phone conversation with her, just text?

that's like.. the lowest form of smashing...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

whenever this happpens, i look at the girl in a TOTALLY different light...

she... is now, and forever... placed in the jump-off category.

#%$$ that. As a customer service rep that makes close to 200 calls a day, I don't want to talk on the phone period once I leave work.

i never call a chick first and if a chick call me and have nothing to say, I would tell her just text me and hang up

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Trying to get in them drawls = talking on the phone

Just meeting her and Trying to get to know her= talking on the phone

Already smashed = text

this man knows....

*glass clink*

Originally Posted by solefood229

I call to lay my ground work game with a chick, then I text to get the draws, every once in awhile I'll call a chick out the blue and talk to her and she'll be surprised because dudes don't really call chick's anymore, i learned how to mack !+$@%# late night on a cordless phone I had to adapt to this texting !@*%

You gotta be able to do both

Has anyone else ever smash a chick and never have a phone conversation with her, just text?

that's like.. the lowest form of smashing...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

whenever this happpens, i look at the girl in a TOTALLY different light...

she... is now, and forever... placed in the jump-off category.
Damn man. I'd say the majority of the females I've smashed I never communicated with via phone call. 
ohwell.gif

But then against I'd consider the vast majority of them jump offs.
laugh.gif

I straight up don't like talking on the phone. The only people I talk to on the phone are my moms and and her moms. 

im guessing the reason yall don't like talking of the phone is because of your inability to hold a conversation without being able to type it out.

When u really look at it..........you're really texting people you don't want to conversate with, whether it be on the phone or in person. Sometimes you have no choice but to text (might not be able to have the use of your cell phone at work during working hours) but when you're on break you will call the person back instead of texting them.Girls that I've already got some from..........I think that's the only reason why I use my texting on my phone for.......when they call, I text.

I don't think texting is overrated; however, I think it is overused. It comes in handy when you need to contact somebody for a quick question or something. I'd never want to use it as a means of having a conversation. The only exception where I might prefer to text is when I meet a girl and we're in the beginning stages of getting to know each other..

Back
Top Bottom