Do you guys think texting is overrated?

Am I the only only one that thinks texting is getting overrated? It seems like us as people have lost the true "ART" of actually speaking on the phone..SMH. What gets me is when you try to speak to call someone and they don't answer the phone, so they response is a text by saying, "Hey, what's up". That gets me heated every time... I just like the old days where you can be on the phone for hours with somebody that you are interested in...smh. What you guys think? 

Yeah I use it but it's not as great as all these high schoolers are making it out to be.

I much rather prefer to talk face to face than through the internet, it's annoying to convey anything worth thinking about using a keyboard, especially the one on my phone.

I'm not much of a phone person, I'd rather talk face to face like scshift said but I'll shoot a quick text to see whats up. When I'm drunk though its a wrap for the phone game. Calling any and everybody in my contact list 
30t6p3b.gif

Waking up to text from girls asking me if I was serious about marrying and starting a family with them when I proposed 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Not really, but it's funny when people look at their phones all the time to seem busy even though they have no texts.

Talking is much faster and more convenient, but texting has better use for when you meet someone new and don't exactly know what to say off the top of your head yet...avoids awkward situations.

Nah it comes in handy when you just don't want to talk to people.

Like when you are talking to someone face to face and you lose interest or you just don't wanna talk to someone you can't just walk away from someone without coming off as rude, but you can ignore the hell out of their text messages.

Plus you can get away with stuff by just putting jk or lol after it.

Originally Posted by FDUB

Am I the only only one that thinks texting is getting overrated? It seems like us as people have lost the true "ART" of actually speaking on the phone..SMH. What gets me is when you try to speak to call someone and they don't answer the phone, so they response is a text by saying, "Hey, what's up". That gets me heated every time... I just like the old days where you can be on the phone for hours with somebody that you are interested in...smh. What you guys think? 

Very convenient, but I have noticed that the internet/texting movement has definitely impaired many individual's ability to speak and/or carry a human conversation. I also can't stand when people type like they're 12 years old. Using "u" instead of "you", etc. Especially in work e-mails. Gets me 
mad.gif
 every time. 

I would much rather see someone in person, talkin to someone on the phone is alright. I just get annoyed when people send me 1 word texts and just fail at texting in general

Originally Posted by VietStar

Not really, but it's funny when people look at their phones all the time to seem busy even though they have no texts.

Talking is much faster and more convenient, but texting has better use for when you meet someone new and don't exactly know what to say off the top of your head yet...avoids awkward situations.
All this..

If used properly, both texting and traditional phone calls are useful. If I'm casually hanging out and want to text with a friend about random stuff or a subject that we'd never call one another to talk about, then I don't mind texting at all. If I'm trying to work out plans for that night then I'm calling you and figuring it out in 2 minutes rather than go back and forth for 20 via text. If I'm in a situation where I can't call but still want to text with someone, then that's of course a need for texting.

Texting with women can be easier when first meeting and getting to know each other, but human interaction > text.

The problem I have with it is people seem to avoid talking to one another altogether as a result of texting. It's made communication easier at times, but at the cost of diminished traditional and personal interaction.

texting is between a AIM im and a phone call...i dont expect ppl to get back to me fast with a TEXT, with a AIM IM i expect rapid conversation...a phone call is only for important people.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

No, YNS.

I am, my text game proper.

Word. Phone gamet too.

And I think you mean out of hand... Not overrated? I dont think people rate texting...

i like it. you can do other things while still having somewhat of a "conversation"
laugh.gif

Been texting this honey since I got off work this afternoon... 
embarassed.gif

I like talking on the phone and texting - it don't matter just depends on the situation...

Back
Top Bottom