Do you have a really low work ethic... what did you do about it?

Any NTer have a really low work ethic?
  • you dont really feel like doing anything
  • have trouble getting out of bed to start your day (dont care if you're late for school/ work)
  • dont want to put in work to get dimes
  • getting out of the house is a pain in the ***, unless someone carries you out
  • you always use words/ phrases like "whatever", "theres always next time", "screw that"
  • nothing can really motivate you

This pass semester my work ethic has been non existent. My grades are gonna be horrible. I'm supposed to be studying for an exam and yet I'm on here
laugh.gif

Yo I feel you 100%.

The answer for me was the gym. Workin' out, gettin' myself on point. Takes discipline and consistency, but the results are tangible and comerelatively quickly.

From there, the diet change and the exercise started boosting my energy. I found myself walkin' around the house juiced with nowhere to go. I started toget
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
done cuz I just had nothing better to do.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Yo I feel you 100%.

The answer for me was the gym. Workin' out, gettin' myself on point. Takes discipline and consistency, but the results are tangible and come relatively quickly.

From there, the diet change and the exercise started boosting my energy. I found myself walkin' around the house juiced with nowhere to go. I started to get
laugh.gif

x2

First year of college was like that unless it was about parties.

But never had low work ethic with a job.

get the right amount of sleep. live every day as if it's your last. and if anything play that "i got my swaaag onnnnnn song." just know thatpeople got it way worse than you bro (word to that OP that gets butthurt about people saying bro.)

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Yo I feel you 100%.

The answer for me was the gym. Workin' out, gettin' myself on point. Takes discipline and consistency, but the results are tangible and come relatively quickly.

From there, the diet change and the exercise started boosting my energy. I found myself walkin' around the house juiced with nowhere to go. I started to get
laugh.gif
Yeah. When I was going to the gym and school it was like nothing. Then a year later I had less classes and a job and it felt like hell. When I wasworking out I had more energy (which might sound ironic, but I read it's true). I never really did school/work/gym, but it would have been kind of hardsince I had school from 9-1 and work from 4-12:30 (and I had to pick my brother up from school usually 2-3). I don't think I would have gotten enough sleepworking out in the morning before school and doing HW after work.

I've been really lazy lately and was actually going to start working out again this week or next week. Not sure when I'd get my sleeping in checkthough. It was so good like 2-3 months ago, but got derailed as usual. It took me a day where I slept until 6pm to get my sleep in order
eyes.gif
. I remember when I woke up I thought it was really early in the morning (sinceit was already dark out), but stupid @+* me forgot I went to sleep at 7am so the numbers didn't even work
laugh.gif

I have a low work ethic when it comes to school. I just cant get into the habit of studying. It really comes down to me being lazy and cocky

its like a psychological battle with yourself

you tell yourself to go do something, but then you just say screw it and put it off for another time

i think joining the army can help put yourself in check, but they'd probably kick you back out for being such a lazy b****

• have trouble getting out of bed to start your day (dont care if you're late for school/ work)
  • getting out of the house is a pain in the ***, unless someone carries you out I'm going somewhere fun
  • you always use words/ phrases like "whatever", "theres always next time", "screw that"
Thats been me for about a year. Just dont care anymore. I'm getting too cynical I think. I'd guess that if you have a more positiveoutlook on the world, it's easier to get going and do something.

Originally Posted by 18key

• getting out of the house is a pain in the ***, unless someone carries you out I'm going somewhere fun
Thats been me for about a year. Just dont care anymore. I'm getting too cynical I think. I'd guess that if you have a more positive outlook on the world, it's easier to get going and do something.

I have gone through those phases and usually working out makes me less lazy
but it is still hard to feel motivated even when you have a goal

I had a terrible work ethic in high school but did a complete 180 once I got into college. I guess the realization that my GPA was very important and it coulddecide the rest of my life was too much for me to not care about it so I tightened up.

my work ethic done gone out the roof lol, but ima get my stuff together cuz my life been like mad whack.

Back
Top Bottom