Do you have any respect for Favre anymore?

I was a huge Favre fan until 2007. He was my favorite athlete through the mid-to-late 90's, and he did some amazing things in the early 00's. But hedid some absolutely ridiculous things in the last two years or so, including completely backstabbing the Green Bay franchise and not knowing when to quit.He's lost his boyish charm and replaced it with conniving, snobby elitism.

If he signs with the Vikings like he is rumored to, I might puke. But I honestly think GB could scavenge3+ picks off of him per matchup as well. At this point, I hope the old man fails miserably.

hes cool man! packer for life! but it will be weird seeing him playing for a division rival.

Noo he's till cool in my book because the media has stopped its lovefest with him so it makes him more tolerable.
etuaolo5.jpg

Somebody is salty...not a chance that Favre throws 3+ against the Packers. If he signs with Minnesota, it will be priority number one for him to destroy GB.

never was a favre fan but had no issues with him until all the fickleness and indecision the last few years, he just got annoying.....
Any man that has that much passion and love for his craft is cool in my book.
at the cost of being inconsiderate to your team and everyone else involved....please...... it's not just all about him.....

As a Packers fan, i dont think he stabbed the Packers in the back at all. Hes one of the greatest(greatest in my eyes) QB's of all time. He played justlong enough for Rodgers to develop where he is now. And last summer was blown out of the water. He retired, Packers moved on to Rodgers. He came back, Packerkept their word to Rodgers and then Rodgers had a better year than Favre did so the packers made the right move. This minnesota rumor has no backbone in myopinion. Favre needs surgery to play, and the rehab is pointless at this point of his career. Even if he did come pack its not that serious. Its just ESPNmedia and NT's love to hate him that makes this story way bigger than it is.

I can understand where he's coming from. Being benched on a team that you've been on for 10+ years is hard to handle.

Originally Posted by Vietishi

I can understand where he's coming from. Being benched on a team that you've been on for 10+ years is hard to handle.

He wasn't even benched for someone else...HE RETIRED, LEFT THE GAME and decided he wanted to come back after the Packers had already dedicated themselvesto Aaron Rodgers

Alot of the hate Favre gets he brings upon himself

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

never was a favre fan but had no issues with him until all the fickleness and indecision the last few years, he just got annoying.....
Any man that has that much passion and love for his craft is cool in my book.
at the cost of being inconsiderate to your team and everyone else involved....please...... it's not just all about him.....

laugh.gif
This is true. Comment rescinded. But honestly, I'mindifferent.

Favre's just a guy who can't accept the fact that his body has gotten older and that because of the natural stages of evolution we call life.....theGreen Bay Packers have fully committed to another young(er) QB.

I have all the respect in the world for Brett Favre. Undoubtedly he's one of the greatest QB's to ever play. But even legendary football playersdon't last forever on the field. Rodgers could develop into another hall of fame like QB like Steve Young did after Joe Montana was eventually traded or hecould turn into the second coming of Daunte Culpepper.....good, perhaps very good for a few years and then turn into a wreckless and indecisive QB thatcouldn't quite hold the candle needed to be a top notch QB.

Regardless, age is a part of life, and even though I admire Brett for trying to do what he loves to do I think he's wasting his own time when sports(especially football) has always been a young man's game..

Yeah, it is obnoxious to see him all over ESPN every time he steps out of his house, but he isn't an attention @!$#% like TO.

Dude still thinks he can play? Then go play, at the end of the day he is doing what he wants, despite what others are telling him. Just don't become likeBarry Bonds and refuse to retire even though no team wants you.

None.
Lost a large amount of respect for him for how he handled the first situation with the Packers last year. I understand that its difficult to step back andwatch someone else take the reigns. However, the packers stuck with him until he retired, and then made the best move they could considering the situation.IMO, Favre cant just come back and expect to be a starter in that situation.

if he comes back to the Vikings he will be labeled a joke.

a fake and a man who cant make up his mind..

I mean don't get me wrong... there is forever a place in my heart (nh) for dude after he brought GB to the forefront of the NFL from 1995-1998. Under the14 years Favre was with Green Bay, no other team had a better record.

But after his whole flameout with Thompson/McCarthy... I saw a side of him that I never thought existed: the greedy, selfish side. How is a team supposed topause all of their plans to cater to one man? How is a team supposed to keep a budding superstar on hold just because the starter takes six months to decide onhis status? Favre became bigger than the team, and we had to cut ties. He could have EASILY avoided all of the media trash, he brought it on himself.

Now that his motive is apparently revenge... I don't know what to think.

Somebody is salty...not a chance that Favre throws 3+ against the Packers. If he signs with Minnesota, it will be priority number one for him to destroy GB.

This isn't the same Favre from 1996 or even 2003... this is the 2009, pick-happy, washed-up gunslinger. GB will eat him alive.

never liked him that much, never thought he was that great, only lucky. but i had to respect his toughness.

now after the comeback with the jets, i cant respect anything he does. his true personality got exposed last season.

Back
Top Bottom