Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Mitch Hedberg, RIP to da god. Clean easy comedy while having a hard life. that heron :smh:
random story
he helped put on hannibal buress too

and its funny cause you can see a lot of mitch in hb

so hb was just getting started in chicago, working the door at his local spot
and doing his thing anywhere he could get time

mitch comes to town to hb's club
so hb came to watch, sits in the back
and at the time hb wasnt familiar with him

this dude goes to the green room after, chops it up with mitch
and actually asked of he could get some time next show

and this dude mitch said yes lol

so next day he gets some time
does well
mitch and his lady offer hb more spots at the other shows they had scheduled at other clubs that week

from that point it was basically on for hb
always loved mitch but that made me adore him
he didnt have to do that at all
and he was so damn cool about it
man had real heart

this story came straight from hb too

at the end he was asked if he would do the same for an up-and-coming comedian
if they came at him like he did mitch
he said HELL NA!!! eff outta here :lol:

RIP to a real one

Last edited:
'I feel like...' might be the single most misused phrase of our time.

First off, you can't 'feel' someone else's intentions or actions. It's functionally impossible. People say all the time things like 'I feel like you're hungry but don't want to say it' or 'I feel like you're trying to say something else but don't know how.' Those aren't feelings. Those sentences should not start with 'I feel like...' Those are opinions or assumptions.

BUT... the reason people want to call those feelings is because they don't want to be argued against.

'I feel like you're trying to say something else but you don't know how.'
'No, I mean exactly what I said.'
'Well that's my feeling. You can't argue my feelings.'

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

-foe

^

My wife - “I feel like you said that and meant this instead”

Me - “I’m sorry you feel that way, because that’s not what I meant. I said what I meant. You can feel how you want but that’s not how I meant it.”

Ain’t no way someone’s “I feel like-“ is gonna change what I meant when I said something.

^

My wife - “I feel like you said that and meant this instead”

Me - “I’m sorry you feel that way, because that’s not what I meant. I said what I meant. You can feel how you want but that’s not how I meant it.”

Ain’t no way someone’s “I feel like-“ is gonna change what I meant when I said something.
And this is where I get into trouble, a lot, because I'm not going to say I'm sorry for someone else's misinterpretation, I don't care if their misinterpretation begins with "I feel like..."

I wouldn't say "I'm sorry you felt that way because that's not what I meant." I might say "Well it sucks you think that because that's not at all what I meant, or what I said, ssssoooo... 👀🤷‍♂️"

But that's probably why I'm single and you have a wife. 😂🤦‍♂️

-foe

random story
he helped put on hannibal buress too

and its funny cause you can see a lot of mitch in hb

so hb was just getting started in chicago, working the door at his local spot
and doing his thing anywhere he could get time

mitch comes to town to hb's club
so hb came to watch, sits in the back
and at the time hb wasnt familiar with him

this dude goes to the green room after, chops it up with mitch
and actually asked of he could get some time next show

and this dude mitch said yes lol

so next day he gets some time
does well
mitch and his lady offer hb more spots at the other shows they had scheduled at other clubs that week

from that point it was basically on for hb
always loved mitch but that made me adore him
he didnt have to do that at all
and he was so damn cool about it
man had real heart

this story came straight from hb too

at the end he was asked if he would do the same for an up-and-coming comedian
if they came at him like he did mitch
he said HELL NA!!! eff outta here :lol:

RIP to a real one
That's one of the most down-to-earth, coolest stories I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing. 🤙

-foe

A lighter hearted unpopular opinion,
If you've been to a country, state, city town etc for a lay over, you can claim you have been there.
How does that logic work out for you? Like say you're flying overseas and you have a layover in, say France. The only French experience you have is talking to whoever is working at the stations you buy something from. How is that 'being' in France? How is that experiencing France?

I'm not arguing your opinion. It's your opinion. 🤙 I'm just asking how that logic works out for you, if I may.

-foe

How does that logic work out for you? Like say you're flying overseas and you have a layover in, say France. The only French experience you have is talking to whoever is working at the stations you buy something from. How is that 'being' in France? How is that experiencing France?

I'm not arguing your opinion. It's your opinion. 🤙 I'm just asking how that logic works out for you, if I may.

-foe

You're in the country for an extended period of time, you can make your decision to return based on your experience during your layover or not. You sampled and you can decide if you'd like to return for an entree at a later time.

First off, you can't 'feel' someone else's intentions or actions. It's functional impossible. People say all the time things like 'I feel like you're hungry but don't want to say it' or 'I feel like you're trying to say something else but don't know how.' Those aren't feelings. Those sentences should not start with 'I feel like...' Those are opinions or assumptions.

BUT... the reason people want to call those feelings is because they don't want to be argued against.

'I feel like you're trying to say something else but you don't know how.'
'No, I mean exactly what I said.'
'Well that's my feeling. You can't argue my feelings.'

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

-foe
I’ll just take the arrogant approach. I’ll just say “I know you’re full of ****.”

-the direct approach

First off, you can't 'feel' someone else's intentions or actions. It's functional impossible.

-foe

What if someone intentionally punched you in the arm? Do you not feel the pain that was delivered by someone else’s intention and action?

Yes one can. It’s called “empathy” you ******* sociopath. :lol:
Nope. Empathy is me relating to/understanding YOUR feelings. It is not claiming MY feelings are YOUR actions/characters.

'I feel like you're sexist' is not empathy.
'I feel like you're grieving your mom's death' is not empathy.

Again, both of those are functionally impossible.

'Pretty sure you're sexist. I used to be so I can relate'; that's empathy.

Using the phrase 'I feel like...' to concretely determine what you say someone else is or what you say someone else's values are, that's not empathy. I'd argue that's manipulation, actually.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom