Do You Iron Your Clothes Every Day?

I iron every single piece of clothing i put on outside of underwear everyday.

I even iron my gym clothes before i put them on to work out.

Last edited:
I have too much to do after my shower already.

I get my gym bag ready for the next day (I work out right after work), I pack my lunch for the next day, I gotta clean my ears, brush my hair and beard, brush my teeth, lock up the house, and by then I'm tired af ready to jump in bed.

If my shirts have wrinkles I throw them in the dryer for a minute or two and put em on for work that day.

Only my casuals ...I'm weird, some days I look like I belong in the Dressing Better thread, then the next day I'm in cutoff jorts with a wrinkled t-shirt or button down and sneaks.

$150 to $250 bro. Amazon product ASIN B000WOG7NI Get the black one with the digital lcd for like $250 though. They last about 10 yrs or so before the heating element stops getting hot. Once you make that switch and see how crispy you can get and much faster, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. I even take it with me when I travel the rarity I do travel by car. Well, I used to when I had a Grand Prix (trunk space).
 what your technique though. Like sleeves first or collar first?

But i iron every night before work. I dress fly to work so i need to look nice. 

I used to iron stuff when I was younger. Now I just hang dry in front of a box fan and the weight of the clothes hanging off the hanger keeps the wrinkles out. Hit shirts with like 5 minutes in the dryer for serious wrinkles before hanging.

You're welcome 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I am slightly ocd, so I still see wrinkles even If I take stuff right out of the dry and hang it up.Ironing is therapeutic for me as well

^ I used to really enjoy ironing when I had time.  I can see how it's therapeutic.  

I think what sealed the deal on not ironing for me was realizing that after driving to work for an hour and sitting at my desk for a couple of hours, my pants and shirts looked like hell anyways.  

what your technique though. Like sleeves first or collar first?

But i iron every night before work. I dress fly to work so i need to look nice. 

Sleeves first like it is there, it does both sides so you don't have to flip it over. Then I fold the shirt over itself and iron the left half, then the right half then other sleeve, then put the collar on there itself. It heats up to 210 so it only takes seconds, in fact the wrong materials you could melt them if you aren't careful. Then I fold my pants into their crease and put both legs one on top of the other and do the front side and back, then flip it over. I used to do them individually and every part of the shirt individually but it's not even necessary. And I'm pretty OCD with it too, I iron my basketball shorts, sweats, t shirts too. I even iron my daughter's towel before getting her out the tub because she likes it super warm coming out of the water.

I have to be to work super early now so I do it night before, again only probably 5 minutes for the whole outfit to be perfectly crisp

I am slightly ocd, so I still see wrinkles even If I take stuff right out of the dry and hang it up. Ironing is therapeutic for me as well
You do you. I'm just usually running late and don't have time for it! 
laugh.gif
 Besides, there's no wrinkles the way I do it, so ironing is not needed. It also helps that I wear polos most days at work.

Last edited:
Y'all out here disrespecting yall ancestors looking like you had your clothes crumpled in a balll then put them on and went to bed then rolled over and came to work in them. Throw you 'Los on the iron too bruh. Even those "wrinkleproof, no iron" shirts aren't good enough for me. They do better than normal ones obviously, but still need a quick touch up
View media item 2012923
th

No but I also don't wear dress shirts and pants everyday. If I'm going to I check for wrinkles and creases where they shouldn't be to decide if I'm going to iron.

Also, I never iron the day of (unless it's an emergency and I have to or somehow forget). I usually iron the night before and have the clothes hanged up nicely not to be pressed on or wrinkled.

Last edited:
Man look, every sunday, my girl irons my work clothes. Puts a crease in my work pants- not no robot startch crease, but has me lookin like i can hit happy hour when i get off work.

#Goals

I just throw everything in the dryer for 5 minutes. Pants, shirts, boxers.
As far as dress shirts, I have about 10. When I'm on my 9th shirt. I take them to the dry cleaner.

wrinkle release setting on the dryer saves me every morning

dress clothes i take to the dry cleaners

Haven't ironed anything since I was 17 and living at home.

Will never iron anything again.

F*** irons.

When I wore J. Crew I know they tried that whole wrinkled vintage oxford look, haven't been in a minute though. 

Y'all out here disrespecting yall ancestors looking like you had your clothes crumpled in a balll then put them on and went to bed then rolled over and came to work in them. Throw you 'Los on the iron too bruh. Even those "wrinkleproof, no iron" shirts aren't good enough for me. They do better than normal ones obviously, but still need a quick touch up

Somebody knows. Yea, Wrinklefree, no such thing
Man look, every sunday, my girl irons my work clothes. Puts a crease in my work pants- not no robot startch crease, but has me lookin like i can hit happy hour when i get off work.
You never feel like that is kind of motherish? Not trying to go on a tangent but people always say that is a relationship goal, but I view that as something a mother does for her son.

Last edited:
Used too but ion care and wear a suit less than 5 times a year. Sometimes I iron my boxers if it's cold outside, almost burnt my tip once tho cause I didn't let the boxers cool off enough.

Used too but ion care and wear a suit less than 5 times a year. Sometimes I iron my boxers if it's cold outside, almost burnt my tip once tho cause I didn't let the boxers cool off enough.
Fam your iron must get hotter than a steel forge.

Melting the wrinkles out ya clothes, literally

I used to when I went through a short phase of chinos, button down and blazer/sport coat every day but got tired of it 
laugh.gif

Now I just take my clothes to the dry cleaner, hang em up and if they have some wrinkles in em when I take em out I just throw them on.

They were gonna get wrinkles anyways. As long as it's not excessive it's cool. Nobody judging over slightly wrinkled button downs with jeans.

When I'm in a dapper mood though I iron. Can't be out here effectively wearing a wrinkled suit. Momma raised me better than that.

Back
Top Bottom