Do you like the new direction in the hyperfuse take over? why not foam?

I think hyperfuse is ok on certain shoes (Lebron IX, Air Max 90) but I think it's starting to go to far. I don't own a pair yet but the mesh doesnt look durable and since they are ultra breathable I dont think they will keep your feet warm during the winter or rainy days.

So what was the reason behinf the switch? To stop fakes? I've already seen the fake Lebron IX they look dead on the real ones.
To make shoes more affordable? They charge more for the hyperfuse air max 90 then their premium leather ones.

I dont know the reason but i woul prefer foamposite versions over hyperfuse. And I'm hoping that 2-3 years from now I can still get some leather shoes with good durability and seasonal wear.
pimp.gif

Ok here is a good video that will hopefully help you out

I personally wasn't a real huge Hyperfuse fan until i physically got my Phantom 4D air max 90's, I was sold .
But again depending on the shoe, model etc it doesn't always look 100% right BUT....it's function over form.

Originally Posted by THEKUNIVA

I think hyperfuse is ok on certain shoes (Lebron IX, Air Max 90) but I think it's starting to go to far. I don't own a pair yet but the mesh doesnt look durable and since they are ultra breathable I dont think they will keep your feet warm during the winter or rainy days.

So what was the reason behinf the switch? To stop fakes? I've already seen the fake Lebron IX they look dead on the real ones.
To make shoes more affordable? They charge more for the hyperfuse air max 90 then their premium leather ones.

I dont know the reason but i woul prefer foamposite versions over hyperfuse. And I'm hoping that 2-3 years from now I can still get some leather shoes with good durability and seasonal wear.
pimp.gif

In the Penny issue of Sole Collector, one of the designer says that working with Foamposite material is one of the hardest things to do so incorporating it in to new designs is something they probably shy away from. Plus it's not like shoes are completely made out of Foamposite material, they alway have a different material around the laces and have a inner booty. So I can see how the Hyperfuse shoes can be a little easier to work with.

less material = less cost

The hyperfuse material is far from durable, and less protective of your feet.
The only true advantage is breathability, and even then would you sacrifice stability for breathability?
I'm not a pro athlete, but I never subscribed to the theory that lighter shoes would elevate your game.
Give me a premium leather upper, heel max air and zoom forefoot and were good to go.

Foam is kinda heavy, but I do wonder why the lighter Foam (the ones the Kyrptonates were made out of, forget the name), never got used again. You would have thought, even Anodized shoes would have caught on, Anodized as in the Anodized Air Jordan 1s that came out a few months ago

Originally Posted by THEKUNIVA

pimp.gif
You and me both

Yea, Its mos def a price cut for nike and JB to use the cheapest materials possible... now lighter is better... just like going "green" to cut paper cost.. i mean i like light shoes... but at least with a more durable material?

Originally Posted by a3vengers

hyperfuses are so light and breathable, hyperfuse FTW

exactly and YES its durable. i tear these shoes up and not a single problem, rip, tear, or anything.

Originally Posted by BronLe

Foam is kinda heavy, but I do wonder why the lighter Foam (the ones the Kyrptonates were made out of, forget the name), never got used again. You would have thought, even Anodized shoes would have caught on, Anodized as in the Anodized Air Jordan 1s that came out a few months ago

They tried to make several different shoes made from cheaper foamposite about 9-10 years ago.  The problem with them was that the cheaper versions would wear a lot quicker and weren't nearly as durable.  Plus, foamposite isn't breathable at all, which will fatigue you even more when playing.  If you can keep your extremities (feet, hands, head) cool, you will be able to perform at a higher level during extended periods of competition.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

They tried to make several different shoes made from cheaper foamposite about 9-10 years ago.  The problem with them was that the cheaper versions would wear a lot quicker and weren't nearly as durable.  Plus, foamposite isn't breathable at all, which will fatigue you even more when playing.  If you can keep your extremities (feet, hands, head) cool, you will be able to perform at a higher level during extended periods of competition.

grin.gif
you're making it sound like foams are saunas or something...the heat goes through the mesh liner and into the foam itself. Now granted, you won't feel the breeze, but you're definitely not fatigued from the 17 oz difference per foot between shoes unless you're trying to find any reason why you aren't performing well

I have a strong feeling we'll see some Anodized/Foam Lite Lebron 9s...

It's a known fact that the foam from back when is much more durable than the foam produced now. If anyone remembers the fake foam used is closer to the foam lites.

Indent buy the less breathable stuff. If it's good one year why not another? Give the player options don't make all the decisions for him. Give him options.

If a product performs well one season bring it back while keeping new tech out. Don't just shift ALL products to the new tech

Originally Posted by SLP Product

The only true advantage is breathability, and even then would you sacrifice stability for breathability?
I'm not a pro athlete, but I never subscribed to the theory that lighter shoes would elevate your game.
Give me a premium leather upper, heel max air and zoom forefoot and were good to go.

QFT. At my age I find myself having knee and ankle problems so support is a must. I'm also not as quick and explosive as I was before so weight is not an issue. 

Originally Posted by af1 1982

QFT. At my age I find myself having knee and ankle problems so support is a must. I'm also not as quick and explosive as I was before so weight is not an issue. 
everybody who play sport most of their life will have to deal with knees problem as soon as they hit 30s . If you been active all your life. The muscle and ligaments in the knees wear down over time faster

It's best just to keep high jumping and slashing to minimal to avoid injury . OLD man game ftw
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and the tongues feel so non existant even though its there! i love the lows, not really feelin the highs though

let me clerify I buy shoes for casual only and in the next couple of monthes hyperfuse amd flywire prices will rise to those of the foams. example would be the premium lebron 9 retail of $200 or the elite hyperdunk which retails for $200.and I understand the breathability for those who play but i just wear mines for looks and comfort.so with this breathibility how would they keep my feet warm during the winter time. theres nothing like wearing so jordans 11's or foams in the snow. plus leather gives it that casual appeal. like someone said give people options and not pricey options either. people complain about the lebron 9's I like them but I also wonder how good they would be with a leather overlay instead of the hyperfuse exposed?

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by af1 1982

everybody who play sport most of their life will have to deal with knees problem as soon as they hit 30s . If you been active all your life. The muscle and ligaments in the knees wear down over time faster

It's best just to keep high jumping and slashing to minimal to avoid injury . OLD man game ftw
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The thing is, I'm only 19
laugh.gif
. I've torn ligaments in both my ankles so they're done. Prolly gonna need reconstructive surgery later down the line. And yes, OLD man game ftw
pimp.gif
. I've started to show a greater appreciation for the strategic elements of the game. Also, my outside and midrange game is on point now
pimp.gif

Pretty much what's already been stated. Costs of the materials plus many players seem to prefer a lighter shoe. I know I read Rondo discussing this in an interview. To the average person it may seem slight but #shrugs. 

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by crcballer55

grin.gif
you're making it sound like foams are saunas or something...the heat goes through the mesh liner and into the foam itself. Now granted, you won't feel the breeze, but you're definitely not fatigued from the 17 oz difference per foot between shoes unless you're trying to find any reason why you aren't performing well
I'm not familiar with all foams, but... while the ones I had were the second most comfortable shoes I ever had, they were definitely not breathable.  Sure, the heat may go into the foam, but how fast does it escape?  Also, weight definitely does matter if you play a while.  I have some Air Max Elite's that felt more like Strength Shoes than basketball shoes.  Anything over 16oz. is pushing it for someone who plays for more than 10 minutes a stretch in a game.  It may not sound like much, but for every ounce you reduce in a shoe, that's a full pound you're not lifting over the course of running up the court.  Now multiply that by a full game and you get the point.

if i never see another foam shoe i wouldnt care. they whored out the foam technology to death.

they need to retire that !+#% already

Back
Top Bottom