do you REALLY care about whether or not a girl can cook?

Originally Posted by angelzdope

I think that if a woman wants to be a housewife, technically her "job" is to maintain the household. This includes cooking, cleaning, and being the primary caregiver to the children.

However, if a woman has a career, I don't think she should be judged by the same set of criteria as that of a housewife. Those responsibilities can easily be shared between husband and wife.
word. me and you gonna have to take turns cooking dinner for the kids
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Well how many of you same dudes can fix a car? Handy with a toolbox, fix and build things? Won't cower like a +!##* in the event of a potential home intrusion? Mow the lawn? Are all yall the !!!%%% who pay the extra 8$ at Staple's to have them put the chair and desk together for you.
That's a fair question.

For me at least, I know basic car fixes/jobs, change a tire, oil, know what I'm looking at under the hood, I can fix odd jobs around the house, or could atleast attempt and learn how to.

I'm not saying that I demand my wife to be able to cook gourmet meals for me every single night, but just as she would probably want me to be able to doall the things you mentioned, I'd like her to be able to cook or try to cook.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Well how many of you same dudes can fix a car? Handy with a toolbox, fix and build things? Won't cower like a +!##* in the event of a potential home intrusion? Mow the lawn? Are all yall the !!!%%% who pay the extra 8$ at Staple's to have them put the chair and desk together for you.
That's a fair question.

For me at least, I know basic car fixes/jobs, change a tire, oil, know what I'm looking at under the hood, I can fix odd jobs around the house, or could at least attempt and learn how to.

I'm not saying that I demand my wife to be able to cook gourmet meals for me every single night, but just as she would probably want me to be able to do all the things you mentioned, I'd like her to be able to cook or try to cook.
Well I can put together and fix practically anything because I've always been around my stepdad and grandfather when they fix stuff, PLUS Ican cook anything. Just give me a recipe and it's done.

I don't know, but cooking is one of the easiest skills to learn. I mean to me it's pretty effortless. And I can never understand when a girldoesn't learn how to cook. I mean my stepdad's brother. He married this woman and she didn't even know how to boil water. I just can't dealwith takeout and eating out every day, sorry. I am willing to cook half the week. But I want this to be a fair relationship.

i know how to cook but i'm not a Rachel Ray or Martha... thats really not an issue. Its whether I'm going to have time to cook... i expect to beworking a 9 to 5 and then come home and cook an amazing meal every single night? idk... the guys i date like to cook also so maybe if we share thatresponsibility it would be more convenient.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Well how many of you same dudes can fix a car? Handy with a toolbox, fix and build things? Won't cower like a @$@*! in the event of a potential home intrusion? Mow the lawn? Are all yall the %%@+$# who pay the extra 8$ at Staple's to have them put the chair and desk together for you.

my parents are mexican, so yeah i do all of that.

smokin.gif

girls nowadays seem to think it's cute to say they can't cook.. what's up with that?

and yea, i know a lot of dudes who don't know how to change their tires.. which is even more
smh.gif
IMO.

Originally Posted by proper english

girls nowadays seem to think it's cute to say they can't cook.. what's up with that?

and yea, i know a lot of dudes who don't know how to change their tires.. which is even more
smh.gif
IMO.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dreaface

i know how to cook but i'm not a Rachel Ray or Martha... thats really not an issue. Its whether I'm going to have time to cook... i expect to be working a 9 to 5 and then come home and cook an amazing meal every single night? idk... the guys i date like to cook also so maybe if we share that responsibility it would be more convenient.
You need to be like my moms and get that balance going. Season up the food the night before so atleast my dad has something to work with when hegets home from work. We aint asking for a cooked meal 7 days of the week especially if you working but there's a compromise with every situation. Once yalltwo living together long enough you'll know how to work that part of everyday life out with no problems

Depends on what's wrong with the car but changing a flat, giving a car the jump, changing oil, making sure it got anti freeze in it, etc. ainthard. I be fixing $%$# all the time. Luckily I had a father who made me learn these things while my sisters were being taught by mom how to cook.

Who the +#!@ can't mow lawn?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

So how about this ....... she kills the spiders and you guys grab the apron
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

While I don't know how to fix a car as yet .... I pretty much can and already do handle all the fixing, building and protecting jobs ..... as well as cookand when my OCD is kicking in the cleaning ... Now personally I don't care if she can't cook, because I love cooking ... but that she atleast knows thebasics and has maternal instincts... I'm more concerned about the constant nagging

I know how to do most that you described. As for the car...I can tune it up, change brake pads, and do a oil change.

Originally Posted by dreaface

i know how to cook but i'm not a Rachel Ray or Martha... thats really not an issue. Its whether I'm going to have time to cook... i expect to be working a 9 to 5 and then come home and cook an amazing meal every single night? idk... the guys i date like to cook also so maybe if we share that responsibility it would be more convenient.
perfect and 100% reasonable.
pimp.gif

i save so much money if a girl can cook cause i'm always pullin the
"i'll do this for you if you cook for me
happy.gif
"

A woman not knowing how to cook is not that big of a deal to me, but it would be nice if she knew how to.
grin.gif

The bigger and more important issue to me is that were both working and supporting each other.

I didn't really care before.

Now I do.

And I think to myself...

"In the long run, she's gonna be pretty damn useless if she's not able to cook for me."

My cooking skills are sort of limited right now, so being able to cook isn't THAT big of a deal to me.
How am I going to expect something that I can't even do myself?

It's not like once you reach a certain age it's impossible to learn. Grab a cookbook, follow instructions.

The real question isn't can she cook, but is she willing to cook and regularly. 'Cus some girls don't even like cooking but can.

Some of you dudes are straight up stuck in 1965. Yeah, I would like it for my wife to be able to cook, but it's not a deal breaker. I want her to know howto because I know how to, not because it's a woman's job to know. Gender roles are way overrated and outdated. Lots of people in this thread have noroom to talk, because they're not gonna even be making enough money to support their family without their wife's help anyways.
laugh.gif
You expect helpwith the bills AND a hot meal when you get home from your 30K/ year job?

she aint gotta be paula dean, but atleast be able to whip up something if needed. i once dated a chick who couldnt make anything but meatloaf, but guess whatshe tried her %%+ off

ma dukes taught all her son's how to cook, she said so a woman could never hold us hostage for food.

datznasty, im not chip foose but i can do the basic and more

i also believe all females should know how to jump a car and change a flat

Originally Posted by solefood229

she aint gotta be paula dean, but atleast be able to whip up something if needed. i once dated a chick who couldnt make anything but meatloaf, but guess what she tried her %%+ off

ma dukes taught all her son's how to cook, she said so a woman could never hold us hostage for food.

datznasty, im not chip foose but i can do the basic and more

i also believe all females should know how to jump a car and change a
quality post

If I had a girl right now and she couldn't cook, it wouldn't be a problem.

But my future wife HAS to be able to cook

Back
Top Bottom