Do You Refuse To Take Public Transportation?

hollakid619

Banned
Ok, I'm 21 now and I've been driving since I was 18. I used to take the train EVERY DAY but 2yrs ago I traded in my old hooptie and financed a ride. Since that day I refuse to take public transportation. Every so often if my car is in the shop or my girl is drivin around, ill be forced into taking the bus.I havent been on the subway in almost 2 years. IMO my whip is pretty decent so im comfortable. Does anyone else hate public transportation after they cop awhip or am I just being high maintenance?

I am just being high maintenance.
Nothing wrong with the bus or train when you gotta do what you gotta do.

Everybody not fortunate enough to have a whip...Or they ride public transpo by choice.

i love my truck
pimp.gif
..so no

but even when i was a youngin i aways had a bike or gas scooter

hardly took the bus

im driving my moms accord to school, my school gave me a bus pass that i have for free, but i really find it inconvenient to wait for the bus to come, alsowaking up earlier to walk to the bus stop, then im usually anxious to get home, hate waiting for the bus

plus i have a fear of sleeping on the bus and having it pass my stop

I drive most places, only time i took the Metro was when I was working, plus gas was like $4.00/gallon.

Haven't ridden bus or metro since I first got my car in high school.
Now that I go to school in MD and work in DC, I'm forced to ride metro to save gas.
smh.gif

I took the bus when I had a job in high school, before I had a car. LA's public transportation sucks. The buses would be consistently late, thus making meconsistently late.
laugh.gif

I refuse to make the mile hike to the bus stop when it's cold/raining like I had to do before I started driving

otherwise I'd be ok taking the bus if I had to, just give me my MP3 player and I'll tune out whatever the hell is around me anyway so I wouldn'tknow the difference

No. I live in part of Chicago that would cost about $150+ a month park outside and like $250+ to park in a garage. While the trains and buses aren'tperfect the cost savings far outweighs the benefits. And that savings of not having to pay for a car, insurance, parking, etc. is turned into living in a nicerbuilding that is closer to all the conveniences of life and make for a shorter commute to school and various other places I regularly go to and the train stopitself is a block away and buses stop right infront of and behind my building. And when it comes down to it, when I need to get some where via car, like theairport or taking a girl out on a date, you just hail a cab and that goes back to the living location where it usually takes all of about 30 seconds to hail acab.

I'd kill myself if I had to take the bus everywhere down here. Its semi trash but soon it will be a lot better.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

No. I live in part of Chicago that would cost about $150+ a month park outside and like $250+ to park in a garage. While the trains and buses aren't perfect the cost savings far outweighs the benefits. And that savings of not having to pay for a car, insurance, parking, etc. is turned into living in a nicer building that is closer to all the conveniences of life and make for a shorter commute to school and various other places I regularly go to and the train stop itself is a block away and buses stop right infront of and behind my building. And when it comes down to it, when I need to get some where via car, like the airport or taking a girl out on a date, you just hail a cab and that goes back to the living location where it usually takes all of about 30 seconds to hail a cab.
100% .

I own a vehicle but when I was going to school back in '07 going to Manhattan everyday, I would ride the bus and train. Buying a monthly MetroCard was farcheaper and taxing than commuting in the crappy morning NYC traffic. And most of the parking places charged $500+ a month for parking. I have no shame usingpublic transportation. I have some friends who are snotty and believe public transportation is just for the poor.
eyes.gif

I dont even take the train to get to NYC anymore (from the Bronx). I hop in the whip and cruise on the west side.
pimp.gif

I don't drive so I take the Metro. Not having to pay for gas, insurance, & car payments >> $50 metro card.

Back
Top Bottom