Do You Refuse To Take Public Transportation?

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Ok, I'm 21 now and I've been driving since I was 18. I used to take the train EVERY DAY but 2yrs ago I traded in my old hooptie and financed a ride. Since that day I refuse to take public transportation. Every so often if my car is in the shop or my girl is drivin around, ill be forced into taking the bus.

laugh.gif

am i the only one that noticed this?

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Ok, I'm 21 now and I've been driving since I was 18. I used to take the train EVERY DAY but 2yrs ago I traded in my old hooptie and financed a ride. Since that day I refuse to take public transportation. Every so often if my car is in the shop or my girl is drivin around, ill be forced into taking the bus.

laugh.gif

I got a 04 Honda Accord coupe in May 07, then my daughter was born so i needed a 4-door. Traded in the Accord for a 06 Dodge Charger in Nov. 07,customized it then crashed it in August 08. I drove a rental for a month (insurance paid for it) and got a 06 Infiniti M45. Dont believe me? Heres the pics.

Got this...

Turned it into this...

Then this happened...

l_0a5122ae341f6ae91b70448e73827e5b.jpg

Now I got this...

l_e7c7b654e4027fe9350fde804b2e0312.jpg

l_6f749d209058dc7d2e64688bc848a0c4.jpg

l_3b4ea199886c4deb2b6f9a9dfa274e8b.jpg

l_505b4f92eea451f19c8a6757194c4d76.jpg

l_bed0fb1c89b32668278b512e319009a8.jpg

l_44c27bf237c3fae63f7ad3f27f72f56c.jpg

when i graduate one of the requirements for where ever i move is decent public trans...i hate driving and find it to be very dangerous...how's the P.T inChicago?

Originally Posted by Lrrr

laugh.gif

I got a 04 Honda Accord coupe in May 07, then my daughter was born so i needed a 4-door. Traded in the Accord for a 06 Dodge Charger in Nov. 07, customized it then crashed it in August 08. I drove a rental for a month (insurance paid for it) and got a 06 Infiniti M45. Dont believe me? Heres the pics.

Got this...

Then this happened...

l_0a5122ae341f6ae91b70448e73827e5b.jpg

Now I got this...

l_e7c7b654e4027fe9350fde804b2e0312.jpg

l_6f749d209058dc7d2e64688bc848a0c4.jpg

l_3b4ea199886c4deb2b6f9a9dfa274e8b.jpg
Treated...
laugh.gif

how's the P.T in Chicago?
Excellent...Top 5 in the US easily.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

when i graduate one of the requirements for where ever i move is decent public trans...i hate driving and find it to be very dangerous...how's the P.T in Chicago?

Depends on which side you live on. It's doable in the city on any side, just far safer and in a lot of cases nicer on the Northside.

nope i take the subway everyday, i would really rather not drive to the city everyday
grin.gif

i def. want safe...but decent rent...i'm gonna start saving soon...i don't think anyone really believes i'm goin...

Originally Posted by wj4

I took the bus when I had a job in high school, before I had a car. LA's public transportation sucks. The buses would be consistently late, thus making me consistently late.
laugh.gif
eh I used the big blue bus back in 01-02 to get around santa monica, it was alright since I was like 13 or 14 at the time. LA's public trans.for the most part is non-existent, the few places it goes to in the valley I would use but it's $15 round trip for 40 miles, cheaper to just drive
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif

if metrolink tickets were 5 bucks I might use it once or twice a month but they stay ripping people off so nahh

I will use what is better for the situation. Right now I live in the suburbs so the car is why better than the bus or the metrolink. When I move to LA and livenear downtown, I will probably take the redline and the buses most of the time and only us my car if I am leaving the city.

where i hail, minneapolis, it's too hard to get around without a car, which sucks imo...i'd rather be able to ride the rail to work everyday.

I don't mind taking PT, but it's just easier for me to drive because I don't live near MTA service. On the weekends, i'll drive to the LIRRstation and take that into the city, but other than that, I don't really use the MTA.

its all relative to situation. i took the bus when i was back home in the earlier parts of HS cuz i had to and hated it. then later parts drove the whip cuzit was easier to get +%*% if you had a whip and it was just "cool". got to college and stayed like 15mins from campus and not having a car isnt anoption. moved close to campus and i havent drove my whip in months because there's no need to and its like literally an expense that has completely goneaway

plus havin a nice whip seems marginal to me nowadays. dont get it twisted. benz's and all that is nice, but the depreciation on cars is
sick.gif
. and if it aint what id really want(lambo, rari, range, etc etc) how important is that

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

plus havin a nice whip seems marginal to me nowadays. dont get it twisted. benz's and all that is nice, but the depreciation on cars is
sick.gif
. and if it aint what id really want (lambo, rari, range, etc etc) how important is that
truth.

i'd rather just roll in a reliable accord or somethin for savings purposes. rather put that money into keeping a nice house/apartment.

Public transportation in 619 is horrible. I honestly would take the bus/trolley on a regular basis if it didn't take an hour to travel 8 miles.

I'm bougie as hell so I know where you're coming from (
laugh.gif
tired.gif
) but I've never felt like I was too good for public transportation
grin.gif
When youwork downtown parking gets really expensive so it's more practical to take the subway/train/streetcar etc. I still prefer to drive though
ohwell.gif

I have a bus that comes by my apartment about every 15 minutes. It goes from here to campus (about a mile away), hitting a few other spots along the way. Ineed to start riding that instead of driving, but I just like having my car on campus. That way I can go to pick up food or run any other errands I need toright after class, instead of having to wait for the bus to take me to the apartments.

Back
Top Bottom