do you see all the subruban sprawl in major cities eventually becoming urbanized,walkable ,public tr

cul de sacs
sick.gif

During the real estate bubble, they over built the suburbs. Esp down south. They had tv shows displaying the new communities popping up every month.
More people will be wanting to live urban, not own a car or 1 if they have to, zero maintenance yard. The suburbs will be the new poverty centers with increased transportation costs, and isolation from commerce, food and entertainment due to real estate zoning laws. Only areas that will survive is the less conservative areas that allow for greater zoning variance in a given area.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG
In LA there are already plenty of suburbs filled with poverty.

The way SoCal is designed most of it will never be walkable like a downtown

How can a man hate driving?

How can a human like sitting in traffic?

My ideal situation is to take public transportation to work, then drive on my free time when I don't have to deal with traffic.

When I visited family I had in San Antonio, I couldn't believe what their "hood' was. Big houses with huge front and backyards, driveways, and garages. Me being from the city, a house with a yard, driveway, and a garage would have been considered a dream house. It was mind blowing moment. 

When I visited family I had in San Antonio, I couldn't believe what their "hood' was. Big houses with huge front and backyards, driveways, and garages. Me being from the city, a house with a yard, driveway, and a garage would have been considered a dream house. It was mind blowing moment. 
Thats how i felt when i went to ATL for the first time, some of the hoods there looked like a decent neighborhood where im from..single houses, yards and all that :lol: ...

And yea the ppl are starrting to move back into the city..they move the poorer people out to the burbs, just like how it is in Europe where alotta the rougher and poorer areas are away from the city

Thats how i felt when i went to ATL for the first time, some of the hoods there looked like a decent neighborhood where im from..single houses, yards and all that :lol: ...

And yea the ppl are starrting to move back into the city..they move the poorer people out to the burbs, just like how it is in Europe where alotta the rougher and poorer areas are away from the city

They realize da convenience of not worrying about

All that **** like i have realized years ago gives

Tremendous value to living in da city..

USA however was designed to be in a car...straight

Interstate USA.

Last edited:
During the real estate bubble, they over built the suburbs. Esp down south. They had tv shows displaying the new communities popping up every month.
More people will be wanting to live urban, not own a car or 1 if they have to, zero maintenance yard. The suburbs will be the new poverty centers with increased transportation costs, and isolation from commerce, food and entertainment due to real estate zoning laws. Only areas that will survive is the less conservative areas that allow for greater zoning variance in a given area.

Yep. Ironic.

Miami is like 100 years behind bigger cities in terms of transportation, 7AM-11AM going anywhere towards Downtown and 3PM-8PM going South, youre looking at 2-3 hours of traffic. Too many street lights on the regular streets too. Takes forever to go anywhere.

Theyve been working on the 826 for like 15 years already. :smh:

The Metrorail-Airport connection was a good idea though. Now if only they could make the Metrorail from Florida City to Miami Gardens, that would be amazing.

Miami is like 100 years behind bigger cities in terms of transportation, 7AM-11AM going anywhere towards Downtown and 3PM-8PM going South, youre looking at 2-3 hours of traffic. Too many street lights on the regular streets too. Takes forever to go anywhere.

Theyve been working on the 826 for like 15 years already.
mean.gif

dudes are sand bagging it , doesnt even look close to finished

its something that needs to be addressed. young people are already giving up cars and moving to cities.

http://beta.fool.com/robertbaillieul/2013/06/14/why-are-young-people-driving-less-2/36918/

i ******g hate driving. i see my car as a money pit between maintenance, gas, insurance and such. **** that. i drive maybe < 30 miles per week, if i can help it. i take public transit 30 + miles to my office when i go in and its cheaper and more reliable than dealing with that ****

suburban sprawl has ****** this country in so many ways.

"walkability" is potentially very expensive though. the most walkable neighborhood in the district, Dupont Circle, has housing prices that run in the millions and rents going for $2000+ for a one bedroom apartment.
The metro is ratchet. And what's STILL the first thing a young couple does when they get some dough? Cops a crib in the burbs. Living on top of each other is wavy when you're young but as you get older you appreciate the space and break from city chaos. Lol @ suburbs dying. Y'all buy all the BS these billionaire developers spew

Billionaire developers are buying buildings and land in the dtown slums for cheap and slanging to naive kids for fortunes. From 22 to age 27 you wise up and move to the burbs with our chick. By that time you've gifted $100 racks to a developer and have nothing to show for it. And these new buildings or lofts studios are as tacky and poorly built as any McMansion subdivision  

A car would always be needed. Too many places
to get under certain circumstances. The idea of city
life is kool if ur single or dont have any kids. I miss
the city sometimes, but I cant see myself giving up
so much living space to be crammed up with people
in a tight space just so I can walk to stores.

The metro is ratchet. 
you got it chief, i guess the almost 800,000 people that use the metro daily are pretty ratchet 

and the ones that are saying suburbs vs. city life are missing the point of this post...

people are always going to live in the suburbs, thats a given. its the sprawl and lack of ability to get around said suburbs, besides using a car, that is the problem.

Last edited:
the only type of commerce that can occur in the suburbs is either drugs or sex.

Back
Top Bottom