Do you still ride the rides at carnivals and amusement parks?

I know it's rare, but this is scary. When you think about all the kids that spend their summers at Six Flags and other parks.

havent gone in a while but Ill still ride em.

i do get scared though of the thought of it breaking.

i remember when some girls leg got chopped off during the drop tower at six flags

Can’t remember when was the last time I went to an amusement park with THOSE kind of rides. The thought alone makes my back hurt.

Six Flags & Knott’s Berry Farm trips used to be the best as a kid. Especially as a teen when you went with your classmates for a field trip. Some serious shenanigans would take place.

We’ll never be those kids again.
39AC79A5-EA40-44A4-A34D-6A1CEDEB6B11.gif

Absolutely. It’s still fun and the odds of something catastrophic happening are pretty low. I’ll take my chances for some thrills.

I won't do county/state fair rides. Those people don't give a ****. Old creaky rides from the 80s.

Disneyland and Six Flags I'm ok with. They don't want to mess up their paper.

Driving a car is the most dangerous thrill ride. I still like my odds at an amusement park.

nah fam im getting old lol... i went last year with my friend whos like my moms age... she wanted to go on the ferris wheel... this is the one where it does like a 360 flip lol...we were at a carnival and shes was like I want to go… I was like nah im good… she was forcing me to go so I just went… I was slightly scared only because half of the ride I was upside down and everything was falling out my pockets like my phone and wallet

Definitely not

And that's a mega nope for those traveling carnival rides

A lot of states don't even have any sort of safety regulations or governing body to determine whether the rides are in acceptable working condition

Amusement parks are different...safer...but I'm still not getting on those rides :lol:

Not thrill rides like coasters etc I don't trust those at all. But I still like the other stuff.

Word. I understand my vulnerability much more now compared to when I was a kid. I'm not a thrill-seeker so strictly water rides for me. I'm just as the carnivals now so my kids can have fun while I eat zeppoles.

That's the thing. First thing we did when we got our license was skip school and hit Six Flags. Every ride over and over. You don't even consider the risk when you're that young.

I can remember someone capsized in one of those raft rides and they were belted in so they just drowned. Then not long after someone came unstrapped from the Superman Ride of Steel ride and flew right into one of the uprights and got killed. Didn't deter us at all.

That's the thing. First thing we did when we got our license was skip school and hit Six Flags. Every ride over and over. You don't even consider the risk when you're that young.

I can remember someone capsized in one of those raft rides and they were belted in so they just drowned. Then not long after someone came unstrapped from the Superman Ride of Steel ride and flew right into one of the uprights and got killed. Didn't deter us at all.

100% so true. We used to go to Action Park every summer as kids and I swear there were accidents left and right but that didn't deter our stupid asses from still going on every ride multiple times. I can only count my blessings and watch from the sidelines now. Especially whenever I see someone post one of those youtube vids about how dangerous that place was like this.

100% so true. We used to go to Action Park every summer as kids and I swear there were accidents left and right but that didn't deter our stupid asses from still going on every ride multiple times. I can only count my blessings and watch from the sidelines now. Especially whenever I see someone post one of those youtube vids about how dangerous that place was like this.

I think I was at the park in MA when this happened

The lawsuit claims that all eight people were hurt, including a pregnant Rhode Island woman who was hospitalized for six days, a 4-year-old boy who needed cardiopulmonary resuscitation, a 9-year-old girl trapped underwater for at least three minutes, and John Pascone, a Killingly man who was rescued by bystanders after he couldn't get loose from his seatbelt. Pascone was given last rites at a Springfield hospital but survived after seven days on a respirator, the suit says.

The eight people were on the Blizzard River ride when their raft capsized and trapped them underneath about 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 7, 1999.

Imagine being stuck under water strapped to this?

2017_sfne_blizzardriver_1.png

Hell yeah, rode the new joint Twisted Timbers at Kings Dominion a couple weeks ago.

It was my kids first real rollercoaster. Rode two times back to back right before closing with the fireworks going off during the ride :smokin

A lot of you Charmin soft boys would be screaming for your mommies after riding this joint.

Slow descent upwards with your back turned, feet dangling as you reach the peak of the initial drop. Then you suddenly rotate frontwards into a face first dive. And the icing on the cake, imagine riding this at NIGHT with the added flamethrower effects?
696213FB-7EF6-4A51-8427-A88269B7AB9D.png

We’re built different over here in Cali.

A lot of you Charmin soft boys would be screaming for your mommies after riding this joint.

Slow descent upwards with your back turned, feet dangling as you reach the peak of the initial drop. Then you suddenly rotate frontwards into a face first dive. And the icing on the cake, imagine riding this at NIGHT with the added flamethrower effects?
696213FB-7EF6-4A51-8427-A88269B7AB9D.png

We’re built different over here in Cali.

x2 is my favorite at magic mountain
second is tastu :pimp:
full throttle 3rd
with goliath 4th

and u right
when that flamethrower hits
its just magic
i got the six flags membership
had it for me and the wife since 2012
can go to any six flags in the us
with free parking
amount has gone up a little over the years