Do you take football and "your team" too seriously?

In the moment I do. I get over it a lot quicker than when I was a kid. A Vikings win/loss on Sunday meant everything for that following Monday/Tuesday. :lol:

I'd say im emotionally invensted in my team, but definitely not to any extremes :lol:

Being attached to your team is normal as a fan... Just don't go overboard :nerd: :lol:

I find it loserish that humans are so emotionally involved in teams. Some responses/reactions that are a result of game results make no sense.

hockey and football...probably take too seriously. the rest of it i can get over rather easily.

Hate topics like this, if you don't get it then you don't need to worry about it.

I've taken sports too seriously all my life but some of us can't help it. You invest so much emotion, money and time into these sports that it hurts. I take all of my teams very seriously, when you spend money on gear and go to games every season, you're invested.

Hate topics like this, if you don't get it then you don't need to worry about it.

I've taken sports too seriously all my life but some of us can't help it. You invest so much emotion, money and time into these sports that it hurts. I take all of my teams very seriously, when you spend money on gear and go to games every season, you're invested.
There's nothing to "get" homie.

If you admit you take it too serious then maybe you should work on that

When Giants lost the World Series in 2002 it was hard to get over. Raiders lost the Super Bowl that same year I wasn't as heart Broken as Giants loss. Baseball is my favorite sport

Been a fan of the 49ers since 1994 and I didnt take Sundays Superbowl loss nearly as bad as some of the playoff losses to the Cowboys and Packers from the 90's. I use to lose sleep and not function for days but I guess as you get older, you realize its just a game. I find it ridiculous now when fans get more emotional than the players themselves that actually played in the game and lost. Like you said, its the players that put in a lifetime of work, sweat, and tears. And its absolutely Pathetic seeing all the death threats made at players that had a hand in losing a game for their team ala Kyle Williams.

Last edited:
When Giants lost the World Series in 2002

Not even gonna lie. That world series changed my love for the sport of baseball. I still go to about 10 home games a season but I never invest the same amount of emotion into the team, even during the 2010 (which was epic) and 2012 championship runs.

When Giants lost the World Series in 2002

Not even gonna lie. That world series changed my love for the sport of baseball. I still go to about 10 home games a season but I never invest the same amount of emotion into the team, even during the 2010 (which was epic) and 2012 championship runs.

That's how I feel about my Raiders. No point in going all in with them and in end the end they always manage to mess it up. 2011 season for me.

its usually the folks who never actually played on teams growing up.  

Yup, usually some overweight sports nerd who gets worked up like that. A greasy, uneducated 300 pound dude making death threats, cursing out players, etc. when he hasn't done any physical activity since high school gym class

Last edited:
it stems from our archaic past, when we were all a part of a tribe or a little community, competing for resources and land. I think the NFL does a good job tapping into this collective subconscious and directing this behavior towards a particular team (whose performance, let's face it, has no real effect on your life) and profiting from it. NFL stars are like the tribal alpha leaders of the past that everyone looks up to and strives to be like. This is our innate nature as males to observe the alpha and mimic his behavior. Its a great market for army recruiters too, thats why u see the close relationship the army got with the NFL.

Last edited:
OP, do you take niketalk to serious?
no I don't.  NT is a social experiment to me and you are just a lab rat. keep running Dave

images

Not as much as when I was younger. When my team would lose a big game I would not watch any sports for a week.Now it's whateva. Hell it took me about 5 minutes to get over the Falcons losing NFC Championship game:lol:

Back
Top Bottom