Do you think being wealthy has cons?????

It's just one of my thoughts, if someone is wealthy and they have all this money to buy what he or she wants, do you think it takes the meaning out of thethings they buy, I mean opposed to someone who has work long shifts just to get the things they want, to that person what they buy means alot, because theyknow it took hell to get it so they would cherish it.

famous yes...wealth no.

and if wealth does somehow does have cons, you just put some paper on their waves. word to Ruger!!

Well, to your point on the not wealthy person working long shifts to buy what they want and cherish it, a lot of wealthy people had to work longer shifts toget where they're at, so I'd imagine that no matter what income bracket you fall into, as long as you worked for it it would be cherished.
If you're a Paris Hilton, born-into-wealth kind of wealthy, then obviously they wouldn't cherish their possessions nearly as much.

I know that coming where I'm from, if I get to the point where I can buy what I want, when I want, and not have to worry about it, I'll be cherishingjust being in that position let alone what I buy.

Originally Posted by 18key

Well, to your point on the not wealthy person working long shifts to buy what they want and cherish it, a lot of wealthy people had to work longer shifts to get where they're at, so I'd imagine that no matter what income bracket you fall into, as long as you worked for it it would be cherished.
If you're a Paris Hilton, born-into-wealth kind of wealthy, then obviously they wouldn't cherish their possessions nearly as much.

I know that coming where I'm from, if I get to the point where I can buy what I want, when I want, and not have to worry about it, I'll be cherishing just being in that position let alone what I buy.

Agree 100% I feel the same way, if I get wealthy I'm having the time of my life

i think a wealthy person has to question motives more than sum1 less fortunate.....

I know plenty of wealthy people, they are the most motivated and happiest people i know.

I guess when you can walk around with $10,000 and buy everything at the mall theres really nothing negative going on in life

The only con is what to spend your money on next, and when you buy new %$%% and dont have room for it, what do you do with it ?

madoff_web.jpg

yes, I took the thread title literally LOL

Gold digging wives.
Feuding heirs, heirs and more heirs.

Dying with money. Despicable.

If i fell into Mega Millions money today, that money is gonna bring a set of new problems....yet i still daydream about it!

i guarantee if i was given millions today i would be the happiest person in the world from today on ...

a little off topic but w/e...

My girls dad pulls in the most amount of money out of anybody I know (3 houses, ferrari, lambo, bent, jet money) and he is also one of the most miserablepeople I know, like I don't think he could be any more obviously miserable. This leads me to believe his wealth has at least something to do with hismiserableness, somehow, because if he was like any other average American living check to check, how miserable would he be then?

that is the thing i dont get ... if you have all that and you are miserable, SELL IT ALL!!!!! and just live off that for the rest of your life and do whatmakes you happy ...

the problem is when people make their first million they get caught up in that lifestyle ... same thing happens when drug dealers make a bog score, they alwayswanna try to do it again ... BUMP THAT ... if i somehow someway snuck some coke across the border and made 5 million i would never touch a drug deal again andjust live

As long as you take care of your fam and help out the less fortunate......It's better than being broke basically.

I mean, clearly when you have what EVERYBODY wants, there's gotta be a chance for something to go wrong. Aside from that, there's tax laws and otherthings. It takes a lot of effort to maintain wealth man. I'm also sure that being wealthy doesn't leave as much time for fun as you'dthink, since you'd be in a constant battle to stay above the "luxury line", which would be almost as stressful as fighting to stay above thepoverty line, if you think about it. The peer pressure is relative. Wealth also turns friends into haters. There's a whole flock of problems associatedwith money..... that I'd gladly trade in for my current problems associated with a lack thereof. Life was a lot more simple before it got compounded withman-made conventions like politics, religion, and commerce so maybe our minds and bodies are not as naturally capable as we'd assume them to be when itcomes to dealing with the extra stress and responsibilities that we've created over the generations. I have a hard time believing the natural man wassculpted by natural design OR intelligent design for the sake of winning a fastest finger question on Millionaire or some of the other"skills" civilized man possesses today. Sometimes, we expect too much of ourselves...

Sometimes, the most wealthy are also the ones in positions of great responsibility, so they have the most stress/misery. But a lot of rich people I know keep apositive/optimistic mindset, and in my opinion, if you have wealth and a healthy, positive mindset, there can't be too many cons.

If you have 10 million and want more, then you will be miserable. I think people aren't happy because of greed as they keep wanting more. Enjoy life withwhat you have whether it's 100k or 100 mil.

HOVkid said he worked 80 hrs a week for like 8 years and dude is only 33 now if I recall him saying that. FORGET that, so yea hard work does pay off. I need abalance in my life.

^It's not even greed though. People just get acclimated. It's people on this site waaaaaaaaaay better off than me, but they want waaaaaaaay more thanme as well. That's how humans are. We acclimate to everything, then we need more of it. Balling is an addiction. A disease actually.........

Back
Top Bottom