Do you think folks from NYC stand out more than other people from different cities in the US?

Man, that reminds me 
laugh.gif
back in '97 when I was in 7th grade... our class went to visit somewhere in Pennsylvania and then out of nowhere, some old guy was like "are you kids from Brooklyn?"

laugh.gif
We thought it was funny because the guy said Brooklyn, not even New York

Oh hey let's start a not so subtle post to applaud ourselves because we're the only people awake right now
Typical New Yorkers.

Just make sure you give props to your time zone, because you're ahead of everyone else

...Yet you dress decades behind?

Shouts out to puffy jackets in 2011

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Yeah we can tell. Most of you walk around with a snobbish attitude and %%!##% accent.

Why are "New Yorkers" or people from the North always assumed to act like this. I just can see how we sound stuck up compared to other areas in the country.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Yeah I get that when I'm in the South.  When I was there in the Winter, they knew I was from NYC because I had on a Champion hoody, ACG's  and carried myself like I was better than everyone else.
pimp.gif

cause we are better than everyone else 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by calikev34

Oh hey let's start a not so subtle post to applaud ourselves because we're the only people awake right now
Typical New Yorkers.

Just make sure you give props to your time zone, because you're ahead of everyone else

OP's not from NYC tho.

Yeah we can tell. Most of you walk around with a snobbish attitude and %%!##% accent.

Why are "New Yorkers" or people from the North always assumed to act like this. I just can see how we sound stuck up compared to other areas in the country.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Yeah I get that when I'm in the South.  When I was there in the Winter, they knew I was from NYC because I had on a Champion hoody, ACG's  and carried myself like I was better than everyone else.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by calikev34

Typical New Yorkers.

Why are you so mad? and OP is from VA or at least was in VA

laugh.gif
I didnt say ALL of you but I said most.

Ive lived in the north. People up there are stuck up and not very friendly. Its completely different in other parts of the country. Ive lived in Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania. Traveled to 40 of the 50 states and people in the north east are the least friendly I have come across.

I dunno, Id never be able to peg what state somebodys from. I think people from the south are generally easy to recognize though

It was just jokes man
Its just funny that a West Coast city hasn't been named, because they're all asleep

Just an observation, carry on

I didnt say ALL of you but I said most.

Ive lived in the north. People up there are stuck up and not very friendly. Its completely different in other parts of the country. Ive lived in Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania. Traveled to 40 of the 50 states and people in the north east are the least friendly I have come across.
I don't disagree withy our statement but I could easily say people from the South are easily the most ignorant and closeminded people I've ever met not even in this country but in everywhere I've been around the world and in my experience that would be true. But usually I avoid trying to make blanket statements like I just made and you made previously cause its dumb to assume someone has a certain charasteristic because they are from a different region or place.

I travel quite a bit.

The answer is yes.

And let me tell you.....women from other cities love us.

Which is why dudes from other cities hate us so much.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

I travel quite a bit.

The answer is yes.

Lets not turn this into a North vs South thread. I just find it annoying being grouped into a certain type before knowing the person and Trelvis Tha Thrilla I hear where you coming from especially since most of these replies aint helping smh. Most of the time though if someone realizes I'm from NY they already have their mind made up about me without me saying a word.

i can only remember two new yorkers off the top of my head. This one trainer in my gym, just the way the guy talked and carried himself seem like he's from new york and then I overheard him one time saying how he's gonna visit his home back in New York for vacation. Then this lady from my art class same thing with how she carried herself and talked I knew she was from new york and then I asked her and yea she was 
grin.gif

Lets not turn this into a North vs South thread. I just find it annoying being grouped into a certain type before knowing the person and Trelvis Tha Thrilla I hear where you coming from especially since most of these replies aint helping smh. Most of the time though if someone realizes I'm from NY they already have their mind made up about me without me saying a word.
I feel ya. Everyone hates being judged without the person knowing who they really are. But from my life experiences, people from the north east are usually less friendly than people from other regions of the country. Now obviously its not true for every person, and not every person is the south or west is some nice, perfect, citizen either.

the only thing i dont get is , why would you move from hot spots like LA , or NYC to another state ?

I wouldn't say that we stand out more than people from other cities but people do know that you are from NY.

It was like I was an alien in my dorm the first month of college being that 1) I was one of the few black people and 2) I was from the city.

Its like we project an aura. People were fascinated by the accent that I never noticed and Brooklyn. They believe everything they saw on TV and heard in songs.

Every time I've stepped out of NYC especially down south people immediately knew we were from NY. During AAU? Forget it
laugh.gif

it would be a combination of how we talk, the way we carry ourselves in public, and the way we dress (i.e. timbs with shorts...straight lost boyz/jamaica ave style).

As a new yorker going to another probably not as poppin area I really act like I dont give a #$!! and just do my business and get out and when I was in Ohio people took notice and called me out on it.
This. Somehow this stood out to people the most about me while in school.

I guess we do...I mean if you can condense what being a new yorker is...it would be a combination of how we talk, the way we carry ourselves in public, and the way we dress (i.e. timbs with shorts...straight lost boyz/jamaica ave style).

As a new yorker going to another probably not as poppin area I really act like I dont give a #$!! and just do my business and get out and when I was in Ohio people took notice and called me out on it.

only reason you could say ny ppl stand out is because yall get alotta play and attention in the media so everybody over the world has seen images of ny people even before they met one in person...kinda like if you see somebody in a dickie suit and chucks you probly think they from cali....

Originally Posted by illphillip

I travel quite a bit.

The answer is yes.

Amen.  When I was living in a small town outside of South Carolina, dudes would envy me and how I dressed (thank God for Macy's and other online retailers) and how I carried myself.  In turn, the females down there would gravitate towards me.  They felt as if I was stealing "their women". 

NY people stick out so much because they TRY to stick out. Run up to any NY person in Florida and you will not get more than 4-5 sentences without them bringing up where they are from.

it's mad annoying when they always gotta remind you they're from ny.  like bro i don't give a %#*% you're here now so shut up already.  one story is cool.  one story every time i see you is annoying. 

i got a manager from ny and whenever he brings up "blah blah blah in ny" i just hit him with the
indifferent.gif
and bounce. 

Back
Top Bottom