Do you think folks from NYC stand out more than other people from different cities in the US?

laugh.gif
 NYC is the standard, the measuring stick, and the apex.  It is what it is.

Originally Posted by calikev34

Haven't had much encounters with NY ppl honestly 
I wanna say that the Bay Area is home of the most distinct culture on the West Coast
Cliche example, but you slip one "hella" into your words, and people already know where you're from 

Yes, I'm b(i)ased 
pimp.gif

no disrespect, but they Bay needs to get over themselves 
laugh.gif

Werdd. My accent is a dead giveaway.
I remember when i went to FL for spring break & some my friend's cousin asked me if i was from NY, cause he heard me talk
pimp.gif

I stuck out when I was in NYC just from my fitted cap alone. I noticed I was pretty much the only person there wearing a fitted cap backwards whereas everyone else there wore it low and forward.

You only notice that people of the place you've been to! Real talk.

To me, I can point out anybody that they're from the Islands, I can point out which island and what part of the island.
laugh.gif

I was born & raised in NYC til i was 13. Then i moved to MN.

I never developed the full blown NYC accent. I had a little but i lost it over the years.

But the lingo i use & the way i carry myself i feel is still very much NY. 

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I stuck out when I was in NYC just from my fitted cap alone. I noticed I was pretty much the only person there wearing a fitted cap backwards whereas everyone else there wore it low and forward.
laugh.gif
same here. except i would tilt my fitted. Now it just feels weird not having it just sit forward

I get recognized by other dudes from NYC even though ive lived in the DMV since i was 9. But yea sometimes when I tell someone I'm from New York they say they can tell, i think its the way i talk.

People always say i have no NY Accent, never even knew we had one, but they say i talk like i'm from NY.

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

laugh.gif
same here. except i would tilt my fitted. Now it just feels weird not having it just sit forward
Yea we stopped wearing fitteds backwards in the 90's over here.  Since we're notoriously known for our nyc scowl the frontwards down low fitted just accentuates it better.  It's funny you mention this cuz I wore my hat backwards last night...only because the damn stripper kept bumping my hat off with them booty butt cheeks.
laugh.gif

Also I don't know if its just me but don't you hate it when your fitted comes off your head for whatever reason?  why is this?
laugh.gif

I live in Texas and I saw this dude in my class with a gold enyce jacket on, gold chain, huge gold rings on almost every finger, and timbs. I knew he had to be from NY and he told me he was from Staten Island.

You guys and people from the south stand out a lot over here. When I met my homeboy from NYC for the first time, he came over with sorta nonchalant tone (it seemed cocky even though he was asking a question)asking where I got my SF trophy fitted from.

I've lived in Manhattan my entire life and people always think I'm from LA...

-__________________-;;

Originally Posted by kilojules64

I've lived in Manhattan my entire life and people always think I'm from LA...

-__________________-;;

that means your doing it wrong 
laugh.gif

So do you guys from NY think that the dipset are good dressers? Im talking about back in the days dipset

before dipset came around you would never find hood dudes wearing pink and purple. When they came out they just didnt influence people in nyc but worldwide. I would say that they were good dressers according to the hood, but compared to a kanye or pharrel circa '05...to me they were lame.

i went to some resort in mexico and everyone was curious as to where i was from because i was in a black bikini. they were like oh that makes sense, i guess it does. new yorkers just have a defensive but cool demeanor about them thats palpable

Back
Top Bottom