Do you think Kobe has a shot at passing Kareem?

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

Originally Posted by TheGift23

No but unfortuately he'll pass Jordan.
What does that matter though, he will never be considered better than Jordan.
what does kobe not being jordan have to do with kobe breaking Kareem? You make no sense. No wonder why we so many post of Kobe vs Jordan.

he's have to go like 6 seasons averaging 30points.... NO he cannot do that.. especially with his production already declining

I dont think he'll do it. He would have to have at least 4 more elite seasons after that he would have to find a team where he could be a Ray Allen/3rd option type player for like 5 years into his 40s to do it.

I definitely dont think Lebron will do it because his game is based all about driving and power. He needs to develop a unstoppable jumper like Jordan had and a post game.

Do y'all realize how long Kareem played and that he played on a really great team like probably the best of all time?

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Ok so breaking down the numbers at 2000 points per season he would have to average 24.39 pts for 82 games which isn't that far off his career averages
Taking his current averages for the last two seasons into account he could gain 4428 pts towards that total if he plays 82 games each of those seasons.
Chances are things would start to seriously taper off by the third season he would optimally have to average 23.1 over the next four years for 82 games a year
So taking all of that into account he would realistically need three seasons averaging ~27-28 point over roughly 75-80 games for him to have any shot of reaching the record more or less passing it in six seasons

On another note that would be totally
eek.gif
and
pimp.gif
if he was to do all of that playing only for the Lakers
dont forget the playoffs he plays around 100 games every season.
he's good for atleast 300+ pts during the playoffs (and he can likely get 300pts or close in 1 series) and 3 yrs in the playoffs will give him an additional 1000 pts

doesnt count

Hard to say. You would think he would be like Jordan and just have to give it up due to the knee's giving out despite still being able to score. But then again Kobe is known to play with pain and all that.  Our he might want to keep scoring at an older age but it would be hurting whatever team he's playing for and he gets put out by that. So he along with others who had an early start like Lebron or Durant could also.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

Originally Posted by TheGift23

No but unfortuately he'll pass Jordan.
What does that matter though, he will never be considered better than Jordan.
what does kobe not being jordan have to do with kobe breaking Kareem? You make no sense. No wonder why we so many post of Kobe vs Jordan.
Are you ******ed or does your reading and comprehension just suck? The Question asked by the op is will Kobe pass Kareem. TheGift23 answered, "No but unfortuately he'll pass Jordan." Read my comment and how see how it applies to the topic
eyes.gif

High Class, playoff numbers don't count.  This is regular season only. 

However, Kobe is movin way up the playoff charts as well.  They make a deep run this year, he's movin inside the top 5 all time playoff points. 

Bottom line, his numbers are gettin up there. 

I think he will play until he's 40 and will still be putting up 25 points per game.

So yes I think he will pass Kareem.

He's done several interviews this season about this subject & playing at a high level as long as his body will allow him to do it. The thing is is the age subject & all time career scoring leader are things that keep him motivated.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Come on everyone knows KD will pass Kareem, he's the second best player in the world! Kobe sucks, he won't play long enough but KD is so great he will pass Kareem easily.

i know this was a joke. But whats KD scoring numbers compared to Kobe and Lebron at the same age.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i think kobe will play another 8 to 9 years even if he is a shell of himself...

some people just love to play competitive ball...

can you imagine kobe in a michael finley role? lol

Michael Finley...

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

obviously mj and lebron are mentioned cuz all 3 are somewhat similar...deal with it.

kareem played till like 55 so if kobe can play till like 60 i bet he can break the record...

i thought Kobe was an "average joe" to you, so MJ and Lebron are average joes too now, S T F U and leave homeboy, you never have anything constructive or valid to say.

I don't think he can. He just signed a 3 year deal extension. So, if this were to be his last contract (I don't think it is) he would have to average 3,166 points for 4 seasons. If he does decide to add on another 2 years after this 3-year extension he just signed, then he would have to average around 2,500. I doubt he'd be able to do that at the age of 36 (his final year).

This is all assumption of course.

Back
Top Bottom