Do you think roided up bodybuilders can fight?

There are a few problems with these people who juice up and work out their vanity muscles.

A) They're training for vanity muscles. Rarely are you ever in a situation in a fight where you're mimicking the exercises that you do over and over again to develop these vanity muscles i.e. preacher curles, tricep extensions etc.

B) The bulk of their muscles slows them down making them a bigger and slower target

C) Anyone from a beanpole to a roided out Venice Beach Schwarzenegger wannabe can be knocked out

Essentially... yeah of course anyone can fight... but their training of vanity muscles as opposed to functional strength makes them a few steps slower than someone who strictly trains martial arts and doesn't lift for the sake of lifting yet rather trains their entire body to work at it's maximum OVERALL level.

The only exception is someone like Overeem who is already a very skilled kickboxing practitioner who not only has functional strength (think kettle bells, ropes, tires etc.) but also an incredibly bulked physique. However, you can see how he's slowed down from the beginning of his career to now... when he's on the juice.

My advice: Train Muay Thai, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu... work kettle bells and stretch your cardio as far as you can. I'm gassed after three five minute rounds... and those are the rounds that the chicks do.

Last edited:
they prob got a good haymaker... u cud use ur speed/quickness and jab him and try to hit him on the chin with ur cross,keep doin that till he gasses out. If he winning that exchange try for the take down and gnp.

probably has some force behind it but lack of stamina and a glass jaw should be an advantage

Guys like that can't swing so they probably won't win a throwing hads contest, but if they get their hands on you you're through

technique >>>

i find it comical that every dude off the street thinks he can fight if put in that situation. id probably take roided up dude over average joe in a fight, but if average joe has 6 months of dedicated legit training under their belt (and roided guy doesnt) the odds become much more even.

as a BJJ hobbyist, I will be the first to admit that Jiu Jitsu is NOT fighting. That being said.

There is a new kid at my gym who just started that goes 270lb and is/was an avid lifter. This kid deadlifts 600+ and is built like a brick poop house. Damn right he will give me fits when sparring, but eventually technique will allow me to gain a favorable position for the choke or other submission.

They will probably wash the average joe but I think a decent fighter of similar height could handle them. Technique, footwork, hand speed I imagine are more meaningful in a fight than just being bulky. All those muscles mean **** when if you have a weak jaw.

They'd get hurt by an actual boxer or person that trains boxing on the regular as long as the weight difference isn't too big.

The average gym knucklehead that doesn't work out his legs would probably get dropped by a more athletic guy.

Who would win Big Show or a BB?

Big Show used to box iirc, he was planning on going as a pro back in 06 or 07 and he lost plenty of weight before going back to wrestling then. So I'd put the money on the Big Show for sure.

Last edited:
Ever see guys like the Ultimate Warrior and Scott Steiner run? Remember when they used to fly into the ring to interfere w/ matches? **** was comedy. Dudes could barely move. Stick and move, baby...stick and move.

No

a guy that doesnt lift but knows how to box would whoop a roided bodybuilder who doesnt know how to fight

when it comes to a fight skill >>>>>>>>>> size

Last edited:
Ever see guys like the Ultimate Warrior and Scott Steiner run? Remember when they used to fly into the ring to interfere w/ matches? **** was comedy. Dudes could barely move. Stick and move, baby...stick and move.
laugh.gif

I'd say Warrior is/was in a different league than Steiner but I see your point.

Pretty sure most roided up bodybuilders have more strength than the average Joe.

They probably can't "fight" but a wild punch from them would probably be very effective.
No, not if they don't know how to throw a punch.

It doesn't matter how big/strong you are, anyone who doesn't actually have experience fighting can get caught slipping.

Well, you don't have to be able to throw a perfect technical punch either for it to be effective. Some people are heavy handed and can make you see stars from a grazing punch.

I remember when Scott still had his long hair and was still tagging with his brother, it was probably a few months before he became Big Poppa Pump so he put on a lot of bulk but was still able to do a Frankensteiner.

Last edited:
Man im 6 foot about 180lbs...i am not fighting some roided up bodybuilder who would weigh around 300lbs.

no way

Also prob not the same...but mariusz pudzianowski was a worlds strongest man...and is now an MMA fighter....dude basically does what you would think and runs at every opponent wildly swinging his arms....still wouldn't fight
I'd take Rocky Marciano (who is an inch shorter and weighed a couple more pounds in his prime than you) to K.O that bodybuilder.

He literally was busting blood vessels in opponents arms cause he hit so hard.

I'd say the average joe against some roided guy would be 55-45 in favor of the BB.
Yea you'd take the boxing legend to beat the dude that never ever fights with popcorn muscles?

nah i've seen cats like this fight on many occasions and not one of them could throw hands..

Last edited:
Yea you'd take the boxing legend to beat the dude that never ever fights with popcorn muscles?
You didn't read what I highlighted in the original post.

Jking had pretty similar stats to Rocky, difference being just an inch and a couple of pounds (5-7).

Thought he would find it interesting.

Problem?

Last edited:
You didn't read what I highlighted in the original post.

Jking had pretty similar stats to Rocky, difference being just an inch and a couple of pounds (5-7).

Thought he would find it interesting.

Problem?
Yea the problem is any pro boxer would pepper one of these big hulks. 
laugh.gif

Average joe vs average joe body builder is a completely different story.

Back
Top Bottom