Do you think roided up bodybuilders can fight?

Lets make this a trending topic on twitter. Maybe we can make the fight really happen!

#mayweathervslebron

Last edited:
I only signed up here, in order to post in this thread. I was lead here from a boxing forum. They made fun of the guys who thought that an NBA player could take a pro boxer. You don't know nothing about boxing if you believe that.
I wanted to show you these:

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/agvc2w/pros-vs-joes-arturo-gatti-beatdown

Arturo Gatti, as small, as light, older and worse skills than Mayweather, knocks trained heavyweights around.

http://www.spike.com/episodes/91iycx/pros-vs-joes-north-east-upper-bracket-season-3-ep-302

:pimp: :rofl:

Thunder Gatti washed them dudes in seconds.

One of my favorite fighters ever.

R.I.P.

I only signed up here, in order to post in this thread. I was lead here from a boxing forum. They made fun of the guys who thought that an NBA player could take a pro boxer. You don't know nothing about boxing if you believe that.

Go back to your boxing forum. Tell the rest of your boxing herbs that they don't want it with NT

Go back to your boxing forum. Tell the rest of your boxing herbs that they don't want it with NT
roll.gif

Threads like this are cool because based of off your own experiences, you can see where people are at or have been on a given subject. For the dude that brought up Jim Brown and Ali, they would be in the same weight class so terrible example. Ali is also 6'3 to Jim Brown's 6'2. What were you trying to show there?

And look where Jim Brown's psyche was at. He thought he could take arguably the greatest boxer EVER in a BOXING MATCH yet alone to speak of a street fight. Of course he was wrong, but Ali is the same size or bigger than Brown. What do you think he would have thought of a welterweight? Come on people.

Do you guys realize that Lebron's fiance might outweigh Floyd? Why do you think they use the word pound-for-pound?

Gloves are to protect the boxer's hands more so than anything. And one guy used an example of how women with the adrenaline are able to fight off bigger people, so Floyd with the adrenaline would get Bron off of him if Bron was able to grab him. My question now becomes, where is Bron's adrenaline or is he excluded from adrenaline induced powers?
exactly

these dudes are acting like mayweather is a super saiyan or something

you can win/lose a boxing match 5 seconds after the match starts

I wanted to show you these:

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/agvc2w/pros-vs-joes-arturo-gatti-beatdown

Arturo Gatti, as small, as light, older and worse skills than Mayweather, knocks trained heavyweights around.

http://www.spike.com/episodes/91iycx/pros-vs-joes-north-east-upper-bracket-season-3-ep-302

Which forum?
Welcome to NT. Check out our boxing thread in Sports and Training.

Threads like this are cool because based of off your own experiences, you can see where people are at or have been on a given subject. For the dude that brought up Jim Brown and Ali, they would be in the same weight class so terrible example. Ali is also 6'3 to Jim Brown's 6'2. What were you trying to show there?

And look where Jim Brown's psyche was at. He thought he could take arguably the greatest boxer EVER in a BOXING MATCH yet alone to speak of a street fight. Of course he was wrong, but Ali is the same size or bigger than Brown. What do you think he would have thought of a welterweight? Come on people.

All I said was that it reminded me of that article based on the discussion here. Not trying to prove anything, I just thought the article was cool. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:

Do you guys realize that Lebron's fiance might outweigh Floyd? Why do you think they use the word pound-for-pound?

Gloves are to protect the boxer's hands more so than anything. And one guy used an example of how women with the adrenaline are able to fight off bigger people, so Floyd with the adrenaline would get Bron off of him if Bron was able to grab him. My question now becomes, where is Bron's adrenaline or is he excluded from adrenaline induced powers?

exactly

these dudes are acting like mayweather is a super saiyan or something

you can win/lose a boxing match 5 seconds after the match starts

Not at all. He's just a guy who punches people for a living and is the best in the world at it.

Which leads me to your 2nd comment. You're absolutely right. And Floyd will get off first and faster.

Lebron will try to grab, tackle, or choke Mayweather first. He's not that stupid to try to Make it a fist fight. Either way, he won't contain Mayweather well enough.

Last edited:
That probably won't work. As one user said: he is one of the very best at what he's doing. Actually if LeBron would get him, I'm not sold that he could do anything to FMJ.

I'm not saying that pro boxers are better than MMA fighters or the other way round, but even when pro boxers fought MMA fighters, the MMA fighters were not always able to wrestle or grab the boxer. Most of the time, the boxer strikes first. How should a non-combat-athlete be able to do it? It depends on the chin, the toughness and the overall condition of the opponent, as well as the punching power, whether it's enough or not.

That probably won't work. As one user said: he is one of the very best at what he's doing. Actually if LeBron would get him, I'm not sold that he could do anything to FMJ.

I'm not saying that pro boxers are better than MMA fighters or the other way round, but even when pro boxers fought MMA fighters, the MMA fighters were not always able to wrestle or grab the boxer. Most of the time, the boxer strikes first. How should a non-combat-athlete be able to do it? It depends on the chin, the toughness and the overall condition of the opponent, as well as the punching power, whether it's enough or not.
LeBron wouldn't be able to do anything to Floyd. Floyds neck is too strong for LeBron to choke him out. LeBron would be sleeping withing a minute.

People either don't realize or can't fathom that we are on a whole different level when it comes to fighting. 

I remember my first day in the gym getting hit. My coach didn't even throw hard and it still hurt like hell. 

Felt way different and heavier than any punch I've ever felt. That's why top boxers are paid big money. Nobody else can

do what they do. 

People either don't realize or can't fathom that we are on a whole different level when it comes to fighting. 
I remember my first day in the gym getting hit. My coach didn't even throw hard and it still hurt like hell. 
Felt way different and heavier than any punch I've ever felt. That's why top boxers are paid big money. Nobody else can
do what they do. 

I took a boxing class at a gym once, can I be part of your we?

Back
Top Bottom