Do Young Suburban Kids/Teens Experience As Much Sexual Temptation As Their Urban Counterparts?

Joined Dec 21, 2004
I would have thought they experienced more.

Parents leaving their kids home alone for the weekends, having ur own room. ( i neither had a house nor my own room.)

Joined Oct 13, 2001
Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Parents leaving their kids home alone for the weekends, having ur own room. ( i neither had a house nor my own room.)
Compared to parents not even knowing where you ever are?

Joined Dec 21, 2004

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Compared to parents not even knowing where you ever are?
Thats a good point. but the same can be said about suburbanites. I guess that would depends on the kids/teens parents though regardless of area.

When I was growing up it was hard for me to hang outside with friends late at night, cause mom would be worried about the area we lived in. But then again I had friends who would be out till 2 in the morning.

Joined Jan 8, 2005
It goes both ways. Both families have no parental supervision for hours after school at times. But I would imagine in the Suburbs, there aren't many parents working at night though.

Sex images are everywhere.

In urban communities, there is also less FULL family images. Its usually just a mother OR father and then kids vs both parents, which in my opinion represents what children should look to for inspiration vs music videos and jersey shore.

So I'd say urban communities. They are also more images of YOUNG mothers too. 14-18 year old mothers.

Joined Mar 13, 2004
why wouldn't they?  They may have more parameters than their "urban counterparts," but if you're a horny teen, you'll find a way to get yourself some butt (regardless of where you live).

Joined Mar 13, 2008
Originally Posted by toast1985

Did u just get out of jail or some !@!%?

But to answer the question, no they don't because in the city you can just be outside washing the car or go to take the trash out and you got MASS walking down your block .  In the suburbs, everybody just gets in their cars and drives to wherever.

Joined Dec 1, 2009
I don't think lifestyles are much different in the suburbs as compared to urban areas. Maybe income is the factor you are looking for and even then it can have little impact depending on the family.

Joined Oct 13, 2001

Personal issues man. Just had to take some time away.

But I wonder if young urban girls are "more ready to mingle" than suburban girls. I wonder, I wonder. I believe they (urbanites) are more straight forward with their sexual prowess than suburbanites.

Joined Sep 16, 2003
Originally Posted by cguy610

But to answer the question, no they don't because in the city you can just be outside washing the car or go to take the trash out and you got MASS walking down your block .  In the suburbs, everybody just gets in their cars and drives to wherever.

It depends on the suburb as not all of them are the same. The one I grew up in, this was somewhat true. Whereas in the hood people are outside just because and often mass is in tow.

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

why wouldn't they?  They may have more parameters than their "urban counterparts," but if you're a horny teen, you'll find a way to get yourself some butt (regardless of where you live).
Education...Role models...

(I would say that they experience the same temptation, but urban teens act upon them more than suburban ones.)

Joined May 24, 2006
They experience the temptation but they rarely act upon it. In the hood kids are able to have sex at a younger age and do so because there is no parental guidance to stop them. For a teenage to have sex is somewhat a difficult task when parents are involved in your life. Kids from the suburbs are lucky to have something to take up their time so where they dont have sex for a means to kill time.

Joined Mar 13, 2008
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Personal issues man. Just had to take some time away.

But I wonder if young urban girls are "more ready to mingle" than suburban girls. I wonder, I wonder. I believe they (urbanites) are more straight forward with their sexual prowess than suburbanites.
I hope you feeling better my brother. 

It balances out though.  Girls in the urban areas get approached more so they are harder to pull just off the "Yeirr, hold up ma, let me get dem digitz."

Joined Dec 1, 2009
Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

They experience the temptation but they rarely act upon it. In the hood kids are able to have sex at a younger age and do so because there is no parental guidance to stop them. For a teenage to have sex is somewhat a difficult task when parents are involved in your life. Kids from the suburbs are lucky to have something to take up their time so where they dont have sex for a means to kill time.
Well, the stereotype has always been that kids in suburbs have nothing to do, so they end up trying to have fun making things like backyard wrestling.

zerogravity23

Banned
Joined Jan 2, 2007
the desks may be newer, the paint may be fresher, and the faces may be whiter, whether they are from the suburbs or the inner-city they are just as likely to have sex, use controlled substances, and break the law.

Joined Mar 13, 2004
Here's a school in a part of NoVa in a non-urban setting....this article is from a few years back....

The mother of an Arlington teenager will never forget the phone callshe received from Williamsburg Middle School, where her daughter was inthe eighth grade.
"I'd like to invite you to a meeting about girls at risk," said Latanja Thomas, the eighth-grade school counselor.

"What risk?" the mother asked. "Eating disorders?"

"No."

"Drugs?"

"No."

"Well, what is it?"

"Oral sex."

"I about dropped the phone," the mother recalled. "I was stunned."

So were other parents of girls at Williamsburg who took similar callsthat evening and showed up for a meeting in the school library a fewnights later. The principal, Margaret McCourt-Dirner, told about 25assembled parents that as many as a dozen girls and two or three boyshad been engaging in oral sex through most of the school year. Theteens, 13 and 14 years old, were getting together at parties in oneanother's homes and at local parks.

Rest of Article

Don't be naive to think that these suburban kids pass on their temptations by keeping busy with other activities like sports, clubs, etc.....sex is sex, and it's happening EVERYWHERE regardless of the socioeconomic makeup. 

Joined May 25, 2001
They just wear condoms more. And stop saying suburban and urban, as if people don't know what those are euphemisms for.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now