Do your peoples know how to play the White Elephant game?

I had a migraine last year watching these mofos exchange nothing but gift cards (all from Starbucks, Blockbuster- who still goes there?, and the movietheatre). Where is the fun in that? I knew it was gonna be like that too so I just went ahead and bought a Borders gift card for myself to claim knowingnot one of them peons ever set foot into that store. Even had my Aunt Donatella asking what Borders was and when I told her 'books' her face turnedto stone, lol.

So this year I bought a box of Bear Naked granola. Ain't even gonna wrap the joint neither. Take it or leave it, fatties!

416VJ1NPS2L._AA280_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

i have a group of friends with whom i do this with every year; it's always been fun, as long as you post the "no gift cards" rule prior. for moreincentive, we also have this thing where the person who bought the best present gets dinner free that night
pimp.gif

All of my friends decided to do the "White Elephant" this year so we all brought one gift to exchange. One of my friends came with what looked like ahuge tube and we all thought it was a poster or some gift wrapping paper. Funny thing is that there was a Huf shirt inside and it was chaos after that.

No Gift Cards, Unisex gifts, $30-$50, No Food/Alcohol. First time we did the White Elephant thing and it was the most fun I had exchanging gifts at a XmasParty.

haha last time i played people were giving weak gifts like a self-portrait, toy cars, and spanish books

Originally Posted by thecharger

haha last time i played people were giving weak gifts like a self-portrait, toy cars, and spanish books

So someone got a self-portrait of another person?
laugh.gif

i played this game when i was younger. i kept on taking the biggest box.
indifferent.gif
i ended up with used appliances. they were mad old, and theywere that pea green color
laugh.gif

We do it on christmas eve at my aunts house. Our rules are to bring something that you don't want. Absolutely no buying of gifts, it must be"re-gifted" then it gets really funny. The saying is true, someone's crap is someone else's treasure. This year my mom and aunt were fightingover some crappy candle holder. Last year, someone had a box of Fannie May Candy that got fought over. It gets crazy!

We call it "Chinese Christmas" dont ask me why cause I have no clue.

I love Bear Naked's Oatmeal, delicious stuff. I've played it a couple times and people have given some horrible gifts. Nothing worse than bringing agood gift and everyone else just picked theirs up from the dollar store on break...

I heard of this game. never played but i heard it was funn n/h. i also heard it involves a lot of strategies.
i've heard a lot.

last year was the first time playing it ever.
so i wanted to take soemthing funny so i took a nice fram i bought and i put my graduation pic in it people were
roll.gif
roll.gif
wen my friend opened it.

nahh its different, you keep swapping gifts or something till something else

laugh.gif
yeah i forgot the specifics, a coworker was explaining it the other day while a chica with a nice fatty was walking to wireless
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom