Dodge Challenger gets 640 horsepower supercharged engine 2014 vol. Da HEMI

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/hemi-chrysler-plans-supercharged-hemi-v-8-article-1.1349193

:x :pimp:

horsepower supercharged Hellcat Hemi V-8
Chrysler plans to outdo itself with the latest supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine, dubbed Hellcat. The new Hemi will make around 640 horsepoewr, close to that of the current SRT Viper's V-10 engine. The new Hemi is expected to debut in the 2015 Dodge Challenger.

BY CLARKE BOWLING / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013, 2:54 PM

Print

CHRYSLER

A refreshed 2015 Dodge Challenger is expected to launch with an optional supercharged Hellcat V-8 Hemi.
RELATED STORIES
Chrysler ably combines the Hemi and electric motor in the 2009 Aspen Hybrid
Chrysler Aspen flexes its V-8 muscle, but keeps it green
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive laps the Nürburgring racetrack in a record-setting run for a production EV
Chevrolet announces pricing for the SS sedan, and news that it will be subject to gas guzzler penalty

Hey, that thing got a Hemi? Chrysler plans to make its owners happier than ever with a supercharged version of its famous engine.

Chrysler is working on a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine that will make around 640 horsepower, reports Automotive News. The new engine’s power is near that of the SRT Viper’s current V-10.

RELATED: ‘FAST & FURIOUS 6’ FEATURES WILDER STUNTS AND CRAZIER VEHICLES

Under the code-name Hellcat, the supercharged Hemi will likely make its debut on a refreshed Dodge Challenger set to be released in late 2014 as part of the 2015 model year. The powerful engine may be offered as an option on other Chrysler vehicles as well.

According to the report, a Chrysler engineer has described the new Hellcat as the swan song for gas-guzzling, high-horsepower engines. Federal mandates for increased fuel economy have put pressure on automakers to reach a fleet-wide efficiency average of 54.5 miles per gallon.

Obama...da muscle car killer.... :smh:

Last edited:
It is official as the camo pics have been seen since last week..but u shoulda waited to make this post until non-camoed pics were out..

pimp.gif

It is official as the camo pics have been seen since last week..but u shoulda waited to make this post until non-camoed pics were out..

I doubt they tweek da front clip too much other

Then making some air intake slots..

Oh it's a wrap. I mentioned this in the post your car thread way back when I first posted my car. Now they're making it official. If they drop the SC 6.2 in the Charger it's a done deal!

640 horses in the grocery getter?!?!?! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

- Preciate it.

But the gt500 still makes more power
It does but now Dodge will at least have a car that can compete. Well they will give the illusion that it can anyway which may entice buyers. I can bet they will upgrade the interior which I'm almost certain will be nicer than the Stang's. They're giving the choice of a better looking car (subjective), nicer more comfortable ride experience, and comparable power. Smart move on Chrysler's part.

You right though that snake is a certified BEAST! :x

- Preciate it

I am skipping the entire 6.4 liter gen and keeping my.money for the supercharged 6.2 liter. Im hoping the SRT Cuda gets at least 25 more HP than the Challenger to set it apart.

I would have rather have the 7.0 liter aluminum Mopar Hemi, but getting 22-25 mpg and 640 HP from the supercharged 6.2 Hemi had me excited for this.

Last edited:
waiting for american muscle prestige to be restored....

until then...only american I can do are pre 90's

impressive specs tho, US on its way

I am skipping the entire 6.4 liter gen and keeping my.money for the supercharged 6.2 liter. Im hoping the SRT Cuda gets at least 25 more HP than the Challenger to set it apart.

I would have rather have the 7.0 liter aluminum Mopar Hemi, but getting 22-25 mpg and 640 HP from the supercharged 6.2 Hemi had me excited for this.
Cuda wont be out til 2016 at the earliest tho..too long of a wait for me even tho i like my current car still

What's the point of having 640HP? Just to say you have?
Remember as a kid when you rode the roller coaster that went from zero to Holy **** in .7896079274 seconds? That's what 640HP and torque feels like :lol:

Nah but when you're talking your avg consumer car it's just a big fun factor, that's it really. You really haven't experienced cars until you've been behind the wheel of something with serious power.

- Preciate it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/hemi-chrysler-plans-supercharged-hemi-v-8-article-1.1349193

Chrysler plans to outdo itself with the latest supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine, dubbed Hellcat. The new Hemi will make around 640 horsepoewr, close to that of the current SRT Viper's V-10 engine. The new Hemi is expected to debut in the 2015 Dodge Challenger.

Print

CHRYSLER

A refreshed 2015 Dodge Challenger is expected to launch with an optional supercharged Hellcat V-8 Hemi.
RELATED STORIES
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive laps the Nürburgring racetrack in a record-setting run for a production EV
Chevrolet announces pricing for the SS sedan, and news that it will be subject to gas guzzler penalty

Hey, that thing got a Hemi? Chrysler plans to make its owners happier than ever with a supercharged version of its famous engine.

Chrysler is working on a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine that will make around 640 horsepower, reports Automotive News. The new engine’s power is near that of the SRT Viper’s current V-10.

Under the code-name Hellcat, the supercharged Hemi will likely make its debut on a refreshed Dodge Challenger set to be released in late 2014 as part of the 2015 model year. The powerful engine may be offered as an option on other Chrysler vehicles as well.

According to the report, a Chrysler engineer has described the new Hellcat as the swan song for gas-guzzling, high-horsepower engines. Federal mandates for increased fuel economy have put pressure on automakers to reach a fleet-wide efficiency average of 54.5 miles per gallon.

Last years Shelby GT 500 powered up to.... 662 HP.. So why do you think this new is relevant?

Print

CHRYSLER

RELATED STORIES

Last years Shelby GT 500 powered up to.... 662 HP.. So why do you think this new is relevant?

Mopar got a answer finally, da challenger is actually

A more roomier car then da mustang so its more

practical, and mopar will mate this with its new

8 speed transmission its got on deck for da

challenger refresh. Automatic offering will make

This car accessible to more folks then da manual

Only gt500.

Back
Top Bottom