Does Alston put Orlando over Cleveland? vol. what Kenny Smith and Chuck said

seasoned vet, seriously?

Skip is my dude, and I too said and thinks he will excel out in O-Town but you can't be serious thinking Orlando is better off with Skip than Jameer.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

No the CAVS are still a much better team I mean look at the game vs the hornets that was a 40+ point swing from when they played the magic with JN to what happend without him, Rafer is not a 40pt factor for this team....
The Magic didn't get blown out because Jameer wasn't there, there's more to that loss.

Rafer doesn't put Orlando over Cleveland at all, but it was a much better trade than getting Lue, and they're in a better position now, but they'renot better.

Originally Posted by franchise3

seasoned vet, seriously?

Skip is my dude, and I too said and thinks he will excel out in O-Town but you can't be serious thinking Orlando is better off with Skip than Jameer.

laugh.gif

- DEAD F_ SERIOUS.

- think about it, no really think about it:

- you have aguably the best center in the L on your team, and 2 proven pure shooters, all you need to do is feed them the ball and beable to hit one if you have to. Jameer was doing too much. with Alston the team will get back to the basics of what a point guard is supposed to do.

- we've seen time and time again how these shoot first point guards dont get far. but yet people still want them on their teams, why, i may never know.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

seasoned vet, seriously?

laugh.gif

- DEAD F_ SERIOUS.

- you have aguably the best center in the L on your team, and 2 proven pure shooters, all you need to do is feed them the ball and be able to hit one if you have to. Jameer was doing too much. with Alston the team will get back to the basics of what a point guard is supposed to do.

- we've seen time and time again how these shoot first point guards dont get far. but yet people still want them on their teams, why, i may never know.
I agree somewhat. I mean look at Rajon Rondo. Dude cant shoot, but he distributes the ball very well and is a pretty good rebounder for a PG. Idont watch Alston much, but I really do hope he can turn this team around.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

seasoned vet, seriously?

laugh.gif

- DEAD F_ SERIOUS.

- you have aguably the best center in the L on your team, and 2 proven pure shooters, all you need to do is feed them the ball and be able to hit one if you have to. Jameer was doing too much. with Alston the team will get back to the basics of what a point guard is supposed to do.

I agree somewhat. I mean look at Rajon Rondo. Dude cant shoot, but he distributes the ball very well and is a pretty good rebounder for a PG. I dont watch Alston much, but I really do hope he can turn this team around.

- ex-actly.
- now put Jameer in Rondo's place? riiiight, its too much.

- this is why im so glad to see new players like CP3 and Lebron having so much success. thats why i found it so odd for them to spend as much time a few weeksago talking about Jammer being short and how people looked over him because of it. im like Nash is short, so is CP, but you dont here that about them. why,because they get it done, they do what a PG is supposed to.

- its all in vain though. no matter what how successful CP and Nash are whats appealing to the kids is shooting and scoring. they'll look right over themas they always have for the flash and flair.

Thing is though, the Magic were dominant with Jameer.

They only started to fall off when he was hurt.

Skip brings stability, but the Magic were doing just fine with Jameer. Better than fine. So, I don't see the logic.

- for those that dont want to go back and read:

xdahcreator wrote:
rafer is fitting in real nice.
pimp.gif

- my post on the 3rd page:

BallinBoykz wrote:
RetroBaller wrote:
Alston is not that good.

- what people forget is Alston is a pass first point guard Jameer wasnt. Orlando has the fire power already. i told someone just 2 weeks ago Orlando wont get far with Jameer.

- watch how this team play with Alston....just watch....

- told you.

- understand he doesnt have to be that good. Alston is an effective pure point guard, which is all Orlando needed. you young cats get so caught up in the 'killer instinct' BS that you forget how a team works, and what certain positions have to do to be effective.
- im telling you, i told a freind just a few weeks ago Orlando isnt going anywhere with Jameer as the Quarterback. does he put up numbers? sure. but they dont need a point guard to put up numbers. THEY HAVE SHOOTERS ALREADY! all they needed was a point guard to play his position properly, feed Dwight, Turk, and Rashard, and hit the shot if all else fails. no more no less. Alston can do that.

- the best thing for Orlando was Jameer getting hurt so they could pick up Alston.

- this dude Alston came right in and fit perfectly with the team...what does that tell you? maybe now i can really pay attention to their games....

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

seasoned vet, seriously?

laugh.gif

- DEAD F_ SERIOUS.

I agree somewhat. I mean look at Rajon Rondo. Dude cant shoot, but he distributes the ball very well and is a pretty good rebounder for a PG. I dont watch Alston much, but I really do hope he can turn this team around.

- ex-actly.
- now put Jameer in Rondo's place? riiiight, its too much.

- this is why im so glad to see new players like CP3 and Lebron having so much success. thats why i found it so odd for them to spend as much time a few weeks ago talking about Jammer being short and how people looked over him because of it. im like Nash is short, so is CP, but you dont here that about them. why, because they get it done, they do what a PG is supposed to.

- its all in vain though. no matter what how successful CP and Nash are whats appealing to the kids is shooting and scoring. they'll look right over them as they always have for the flash and flair.

- i love pure point guards....its a shame most young cats dont understand thats what it takes, not the flash and flair......

what you tell us tho?
If Jameer was there, Magic would be better off. Jameer runs that team every bit as well as Rafer
and his mid range jumper is WATER.
U see how skip is droppin like 18 on Cavs, it be 22+ if it were Jameer.
your talkin about the same number of assists and a higher % fg shooter and better rebounder.
Jameer is FAR from a shoot 1st PG. I dont know where you even got that from

*edit I looked it up
laugh.gif
Rafer shot 12 shots a game in Houston, at 36%
jameer takes 12 shots a game at 50%
laugh.gif

HOW IS THAT SHOOT 1st PG? !

smh.gif

dont let people tell yall just any ol' thing man

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

People need to stop listening to people on tv. Their job is to sway your opinion to what is popular, not right. If yall cats on here really think Orlando is better than the Cavs, please refrain from being fans of the game of basketball. That is all.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

People need to stop listening to people on tv. Their job is to sway your opinion to what is popular, not right. If yall cats on here really think Orlando is
better than the Cavs, please refrain from being fans of the game of basketball. That is all.
laugh.gif

Ouch....that's gotta hurt.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

what you tell us tho?
If Jameer was there, Magic would be better off. Jameer runs that team every bit as well as Rafer
your talkin about the same number of assists and a higher % fg shooter and better rebounder.

*edit I looked it up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

what you tell us tho?

*edit I looked it up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Yup.

Having watched the Magic all season, and in past seasons, I can tell you that this team would have been in the same boat, if not better with Jameer. Rafer wasa GREAT pickup, and has been playing really well, but he isn't the LEADER that Jameer is. I love Skip, so don't think I'm hating on him, and heballed in the last game, but he also smacked House like an idiot and got himself suspended, something Jameer wouldn't have done.

Rafer has fit in well with this team and I'm glad they nabbed him before the deadline, but this team with a healthy Jameer wouldn't have had some ofthe trouble earlier in the playoffs, probably would have closed out the Celtics earlier, and still would be leading the Cavs.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

People need to stop listening to people on tv. Their job is to sway your opinion to what is popular, not right. If yall cats on here really think Orlando is better than the Cavs, please refrain from being fans of the game of basketball. That is all.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
I love it....magic finishing them off tonight

what you tell us tho?

*edit I looked it up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

- percentages have nothing to do with being shoot first or not.
eyes.gif

- they need to put Jameer on the next thing smoking and get a Power Forward......

laugh.gif
so Shot attempts dont have anything to do with being a shoot 1st point?

U can not be serious my man

the %s were just to show u that in the same amount of shots taken, Jameer is More proficient and more effective.
again.

You didnot tell us ANYTHING.
and honestly, U calling Jameer shoot first pg shows me you didnt and/or havent watched the Magic play with jameer in the line up.

any time someone is shooting 50% from the floor, its safe to say he is taking good shots. especially someone under 6 ft tall.
dont confuse good shots and making shots with being shoot 1st.

some gems
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

laugh.gif
at ORL>CLE with or without Nelson/Skip.

Live and die by the three. ORL will die. Maybe next year though, once Dwight gets even more disgusting down low.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Jameer>Alston.
Cavs>Orlando
Boston>Orlando

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

I'll never believe in a team that gives the ball to Hedo Turkeyglue at the end of close ball games.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

that is all.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Skip being compared favorably to Nelson. I'm proud of the guy for hishumbling journey to the NBA, but the Magic would be tremendously better with Nelson healthy. There's a reason his !$% isn't handling the ball duringcrunch time. He can't create for himself or others consistently at the NBA level, but he's serviceable and can hit open shots. Kenny and Chuck areidiots, most of the +#%! they say is just for entertainment, throwing +#%! out there and hoping it sticks. Anybody who has watched this series knows what hasput the Magic over the Cavs, and it ain't Alston thats for sure. Raining treys and playing 5 on 4 (Lebron & 3 refs) will usually swing things your way.

While it's undeniable that Jameer is a far more efficient and effective offensive player and really broke out this year you guys are completely discountingRafers D. Rafer Alston is one of the better defensive(and underrated) point guards in the league, Jameer while not bad is not anything but average to mildlyabove on the defensive end.

The reason the Magic are winning this series is becuase they have shut down all secondary scoring specifically Mo Williams. I'm not shure Jameer could havechecked like Rafer is doing now.

Back
Top Bottom