Does Alston put Orlando over Cleveland? vol. what Kenny Smith and Chuck said

Rafer Alston is not out there playin great Defense. cmon stop it. dont even kid yourself.
Mo Williams cant hit the side of a Barn
and He is taking wide open shots
Rafer was getting Scorched in the Philly series by Andre Miller.
U gotta be kidding me! Skip is now soem Defensive Stalwart ...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Rafer Alston is not out there playin great Defense. cmon stop it. dont even kid yourself.
Mo Williams cant hit the side of a Barn
and He is taking wide open shots
Rafer was getting Scorched in the Philly series by Andre Miller.
U gotta be kidding me!
Your point? Andre Miller has torched many, one anecdote doesn't invalidate a long career of very good defense.

You think NBA players forget how to shoot randomly? Why do you think Houston(great defensive team) signed dude? Why do you think Pat Reilly kept his no jumpshot having $%@ around? If Rafer didn't play D would he even be in the league?
laugh.gif

[h3]Advanced[/h3]Glossary [emoji]9642[/emoji] CSV [emoji]9642[/emoji] PRE
[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]DRtg ▴[/th] [th=""]DWS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Marcin Gortat[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Rafer Alston[/td] [td]101[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Tony Battie[/td] [td]102[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Rashard Lewis[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Jameer Nelson[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Hedo Turkoglu[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Courtney Lee[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Mickael Pietrus[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Keith Bogans[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Anthony Johnson[/td] [td]105[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]J.J. Redick[/td] [td]106[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Tyronn Lue[/td] [td]106[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hey as it turns out Rafer Alston gives up the fewest points per 100 possessions of any perimeter player on the magic.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

and for the record they are a MUCH better team with Jameer at the point.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

People need to stop listening to people on tv. Their job is to sway your opinion to what is popular, not right. If yall cats on here really think Orlando is
better than the Cavs, please refrain from being fans of the game of basketball. That is all.
laugh.gif

Ouch....that's gotta hurt.
dude stay taking L's
laugh.gif
...hes fairweather

mYToAsterspeak wrote:
Look at all you Lakers fans going after yall team throat. Shame on yall. Your team lost get over it. They were outplayed twice in this series, and luckily for yall it's 1-1. This is why yall are the worst sports fans, your team lose once, and yall jump on their back. Calm down and be happy you're going to Denver tied. Fair-Weather Fans FTL
smh.gif

then he complains about mike brown
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

I'll never believe in a team that gives the ball to Hedo Turkeyglue at the end of close ball games.
What the heck are you talking about? Hedo's done some really good things in his career. Sorry, but if you discount his basketball abilities,then you just don't belong in most basketball discussions. Congratulations! You've just contributed to the list of stupid NBA quotes here on Niketalk.

And when it comes to Skip, he doesn't suck at all. Some of you people are really serious resorting him to scrub status? Get out. He's no MJ, but hedoes his thing and while he can be streaky, he brings more to his team than his missed opportunities. Be for real about it.

So you're saying Rafer's defense is why he's in the league ?
That's what you're telling me...

Yeah, its just a coincidence that andre millers playoff scoring went up 5 points when matched up vs skip on the same amount of shots he's taken in hisentire career in the playoffs.
Pure happenstance.

*edit
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just now seein the And1 vids

So you're saying Rafer's defense is why he's in the league ?
That's what you're telling me...

Yeah, its just a coincidence that andre millers playoff scoring went up 5 points when matched up vs skip on the same amount of shots he's taken in his entire career in the playoffs.
Pure happenstance.
Honestly dude think about why else would he be in the league he is a decent 3 point shooter and average passer, makes terrible decisions and for apoint guard is ridiculously inefficient if he didn't play D he wouldn't be in the league.

I could use the Mo Williams anecdote and say the reason Mo Williams is shooting like garbage is pure happenstance.

and like I said one series against a good offensive point guard in Andre Miller isn't enough to convince me that all the numbers suggesting he is a gooddefender are wrong.

He gives up 4th fewest points per 100 possesions on the magic thats pure happenstance too?

Or you can say he won game 4 for the Magic.

Skip be mad inconsistent shooting the rock, but he's a better than average defender and can run a squad out there. Better than an Anthony Johnsonthat's for sure.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Skip be mad inconsistent shooting the rock, but he's a better than average defender and can run a squad out there. Better than an Anthony Johnson that's for sure.

and I aint even mad at that
But these Fools are saying he's better than Jameer Nelson.
indifferent.gif

Get the #$%@ Outta here

Nah the dude seasoned vet is just tripping. I called him out on it back in Feb when the thread was started. Ain't no logical basketball fan is gonna saythe Magic are better off with Skip than Jameer.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

If they had Jameer, this series would be over by now...

One thing is for sure, these two teams are gonna be on top the East for the next several years, assuming LBJ stays in Cleveland...

Im sayin, dude came in some I told yall,
laugh.gif
Huge letters after Dude had the best 3 game stretch of his life.
He wasnt in here proclaiming that @*@+ when Andre Miller was Roastin him all series,
wasnt no I told yall when Boston Guards were runnin a train on Skip.

its a dead issue now.
esp since the And1 vids got posted. guess that showed us

laugh.gif
yeah the and1 videos proved nothing
laugh.gif
We all know Skip is a playground legend.

Skip is inconsistent on the offensive end, he had a great game 4, and a horrible game 5. Bottomline, the Magic are better with Jameer, no question about it.

Skip be mad inconsistent shooting the rock, but he's a better than average defender and can run a squad out there. Better than an Anthony Johnson that's for sure.

and I aint even mad at that
But these Fools are saying he's better than Jameer Nelson.
indifferent.gif

Get the #$%@ Outta here

- please....tell me where i said Rafer is better than Jameer? ill wait...... thats right i didnt. the only thing i was eversaying was the Magic dont need a shoot first PG. how the Magic have enough firepower and Jameer was too much.

- i even too the time to take all my posts and quote them just so some moron doesnt get it confused, i mean, i know this is NT and all but damn
smh.gif
. but ofcouse cats just glance through the post assume its Rafer > Jammer and start to reply
laugh.gif
smh.gif

....and again....I NEVER SAID RAFER WAS BETTER THAN JAMEER.

- what the Magic needed was a pure PG to distribute to Dwight, Turk, and Rashard. they got that in Rafer. dont get it confused though. Rafer isnt thepurest PG (along the likes of CP) but hes more of a pure PG than Jameer.

- go back and re-read what i said and the context i said it in. more specifically the comparison to Boston and how Rajon fits so well and how someone likeJameer would be too much in that system. it was never a childish Rafer>Jameer. yall can be such children sometimes.
laugh.gif

Nah the dude seasoned vet is just tripping. I called him out on it back in Feb when the thread was started. Ain't no logical basketball fan is gonna say the Magic are better off with Skip than Jameer.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

- you sir are an idiot. its funny when people cant comprehend and just assume they shut you down
roll.gif
. did you even read the last thing i said to you? it was obvious you had no ideawhat i was talking about when it came to the thread you quoted me on. jesus.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Skip is inconsistent on the offensive end, he had a great game 4, and a horrible game 5. Bottomline, the Magic are better with Jameer, no question about it.

- another moron. the videos werent supposed to prove anything. i was just trying to put up some old And1 videos, not trying to prove some point. i havent seenany old And1 clips in a while, the topic was about Rafer so i tried to post some.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
Rafer Alston is not better running the magic than Jameer
I know what u said.
laugh.gif
is there any difference now that I actually finished the statement. No

U still WAYYYYY off
No matter what u say or how u wanna spin it

laugh.gif
Rafer Alston is not better running the magic than Jameer
I know what u said.
laugh.gif
is there any difference now that I actually finished the statement. No

U still WAYYYYY off
No matter what u say or how u wanna spin it

- no spin. i never edited any of my posts. i just clarified what a few people took the wrong way. its right there in black and white.

- well see next year if the Magic keep Jameer. we'll see if they keep him how their offense changes. personally? id put his %*$ up for a good power forwardas soon as i could.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- another moron. the videos werent supposed to prove anything. i was just trying to put up some old And1 videos, not trying to prove some point. i havent seen any old And1 clips in a while, the topic was about Rafer so i tried to post some.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
calm down dude... calling me a moron like I actually care.

You really think the Magic would get rid of Jameer? See how their offense changes?
laugh.gif
Their offense was running just fine prior to his injury and Jameerisn't going anywhere, he's their point guard for awhile.

I can see why people are saying that he's better than Jameer.

It's not like Jameer has always been this good. Before this year, you could argue that he was pretty much a bum, ESPECIALLY last year. He's even moreinconsistent than Skip in my opinion; I'd need to see a couple of seasons like the half season he just had before I could jump to any conclusions about theMagic's ability to be better with him. Also, Skip's been the point guard in a couple of hard-nosed playoff series with Deron Williams and friends, sohe's been playoff-tested moreso than Jameer has.

You can't say that the Magic would've already been in the Finals with Jameer, because the fact of the matter is they're one win from the finalswith Skip, and their best success with Jameer was a couple of one and done playoff appearances. I'm not saying that the Magic wouldn't be moresuccessful with Jameer than with Skip but you can't argue based on one half of an All-Star season that they would be successful either.

Now that you mention it, has skip even been out the 1st round ?
He started on the team with T Mac correct?
and he came off the bench on Riley's heat Wade's first yr right?

and despite how well yall think skip is playing, he is shooting 38 % in these playoffs.
Dont let that 3 game stretch fool you
he is not some Floor General who makes up for his "foul" shooting by masterfully running the Magic.

Jameer has gotten better every YR. its a progression that Most PGs have to go thru. Not every PG comes in like Chris Paul. Even D Williams was struggling yr 1.

Jameer shooting 50% from the flloor and 40% from 3, automatically changes defensive Dynamics that teams would have to employ compared to when Skip is on thefloor. You cant tell me the magic matchups dont increase even more with Him out there compared to Skip.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
Some of yall dudes are flat out BUGGIN... Why are you arguing about this Jay?

Rafer over Jameer FOR ANYTHING...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Rafer is in no way, shape, or form a better point guard than Jameer Nelson... It's not close.

Back
Top Bottom