Does Alston put Orlando over Cleveland? vol. what Kenny Smith and Chuck said

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Some of yall dudes are flat out BUGGIN... Why are you arguing about this Jay?

Rafer over Jameer FOR ANYTHING...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Rafer is in no way, shape, or form a better point guard than Jameer Nelson... It's not close.
I know I'm not arguing that, the offense is is significantly better when Jameer is running it and probably the defense too becuase they playedtogether longer. I'm just saying Skip is a very good defensive point.

According to 82games they lose 10 points of offense when Skip is in over Jameer.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
U serious right now?

jameer aint even barely healthy...

Skip was in there and the Magic lost a 12 point lead....

how u make that "rolling eye" icon

when both players are healthy, get back to me...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
U serious right now?

jameer aint even barely healthy...

Skip was in there and the Magic lost a 12 point lead....

how u make that "rolling eye" icon

when both players are healthy, get back to me...

- thats fair. but still they dont need him/ didnt need him last night, and it showed healthy or not.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Now that you mention it, has skip even been out the 1st round ?

and he came off the bench on Riley's heat Wade's first yr right?
yeah he did..wasn't half bad for them that year either.

but skip has never done what nelson did in a half a season.

JAMEER IS A BETTER PLAYER for sure...

But SKIP brings an UPTEMPO STYLE when hes really pushing the ball that i dont see from JAMEER...

When hes really pushin the rock up the court, ORLANDO's shots get a whole lot easier...

Magic's O are more effective when skip is running the floor... at least that's what i'm seeing so far in this series..

Definitely.

But a 100% Jameer would be even better. Dude shoots like almost 50% from the field. Skip is prone to having off nights. He does a good job running the o though

- and a year later, hmmmm.......

eyes.gif

- ya boy JAMEER running circles around the court looking for a good shot jacking up threes with the best center in the L right now. it was never a question about Rafer being better than Jameer, it was that Orlando didnt need Jameer.

- as i said last year, Jameer is too much for this team. take that shoot first BS somewhere else.

- good riddance VanGundy. its too bad they didnt get rid of Jameer when they had a chance......

Rashard Lewis is doing 7 and 5 in the conference finals, but you are calling out Jameer Nelson?

You're really bumping a year old thread? come on..

Jameer is too much?, but why did they get 2nd place in the East? Why did they blaze past the first two rounds? Why did he BEAST against Charlotte and Atlanta? If he was that bad for the team, they wouldn't be a top team in the league again.

You think Rafer would have done better against Rondo right now? You think that Rafer's pass first mentality would make Orlando's shooters step up? Yes, it's Jameer's fault that Rashard couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Or that Boston's defensive intensity is dominating this series.

Funny you wait to bump this until the Magic struggle against a team playing it's best ball all season, I bet you were just waiting for Jameer to mess up.

Fact is, I agree with you in part, I think this team would be better if they had a pass first PG, but Rafer isn't a better option than Jameer, flat out.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You're really bumping a year old thread? come on..

Jameer is too much?, but why did they get 2nd place in the East? Why did they blaze past the first two rounds? Why did he BEAST against Charlotte and Atlanta? If he was that bad for the team, they wouldn't be a top team in the league again.
- yep, too much.

- why? because he can shoot, im not going against that. but when the pressure is on you want a high percentage shot vs. a low one. giving it up to your center in crunch time is a far better plan than settling for a long 2 or three pointer.........c'mon man, basic basketball.
- if i was VanGundy i wouldnt want anyone 'BEASTING' on that team but Dwight (first), then my shooters second (Lewis, Reddick), THEN my PG.

You think Rafer would have done better against Rondo right now? You think that Rafer's pass first mentality would make Orlando's shooters step up? Yes, it's Jameer's fault that Rashard couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Or that Boston's defensive intensity is dominating this series.
- yep. because all Rafer would have done was give the ball up......LIKE A PG IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

- if Lewis and the other shooters didnt show up, oh well, then the team isnt ready to advance.

Funny you wait to bump this until the Magic struggle against a team playing it's best ball all season, I bet you were just waiting for Jameer to mess up.

Fact is, I agree with you in part, I think this team would be better if they had a pass first PG, but Rafer isn't a better option than Jameer, flat out.

- honestly? ive been in banned camp all season so i couldnt say anything.

- and how can you say Rafer isnt a better option when they went further in the post season without Jameer and with Rafer??

- and once again this isnt Rafer vs. Jameer with me. its Pure vs. Shoot first. Rafer just happen to be the 'pass first' in the spot at the time.......

I can see where you're coming from (making Dwight the first option) but both Dwight and Jameer had the best game of this series and won. Why would you choose to bump this and complain right now? This is gonna completely blow up in your face if the same thing happens again.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- yep, too much.

- why? because he can shoot, im not going against that. but when the pressure is on you want a high percentage shot vs. a low one. giving it up to your center in crunch time is a far better plan than settling for a long 2 or three pointer.........c'mon man, basic basketball.
- if i was VanGundy i wouldnt want anyone 'BEASTING' on that team but Dwight (first), then my shooters second (Lewis, Reddick), THEN my PG.

- yep. because all Rafer would have done was give the ball up......LIKE A PG IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

- if Lewis and the other shooters didnt show up, oh well, then the team isnt ready to advance.

- honestly? ive been in banned camp all season so i couldnt say anything.

- and how can you say Rafer isnt a better option when they went further in the post season without Jameer and with Rafer??

- and once again this isnt Rafer vs. Jameer with me. its Pure vs. Shoot first. Rafer just happen to be the 'pass first' in the spot at the time.......

But that falls on SVG's shoulders, not Jameer's.  They put Jameer in this offense for their reason and wanted a point guard who could score.  You say if you were SVG then you wouldn't want Jameer to score, then why does he give Jameer the offense?  Why does he trust him?  And yes, in theory.. giving it to a dominant offensive center in crunch time is a better plan than settling for a long 2 or 3... EXCEPT for the Magic.  Do you really trust Dwight in the 4th? What happens when they start hacking him and force him to the line?  Do you still think that's the best option?  You play to your team's strengths, that's basic basketball.

You missed the point, what good is a pass first PG if the shooters aren't scoring?  A pass first PG would hurt his team if he kept passing to guys who couldn't hit a shot, when the shooters go cold, it's good to have a point guard who can score the ball.

And your last point is wrong, they went further because their shooters were on fire, which they aren't this series.  A pass first point guard gives them nothing this postseason because Rashard, Barnes, Pietrus, have all gone cold.  They beat Boston because KG was out and because Rondo has made a huge leap this season, not because they're missing Rafer.  This year they ran into a team that was firing on all cylinders and they went cold.

I think Alston find the Magic players at the right time. More so then Nelson.

Maybe that's why they had so much success.

But c'mon Jameer to Rafer? Stop it playa
tired.gif

Be honest. How long did it take to find this thread? I ask because I can never find stuff using the search feature.

..unless you had this thing bookmarked or something
laugh.gif

That cat is mentally ill. Dude just lost all credibility when it comes to sports. He can't be serious. Right?

Back
Top Bottom