Does anybody else feel like the Spurs are going to do damage?

With two games left, the Spurs will go into the playoffs playing either LA, Dallas, Denver, Utah, or PHX.  The Spurs have a great road record and Gino has been coming on as of late after all those months being injured.  Even against LA, who has been struggling mightily as of late, I think the Spurs are the one bottom seeded team that can steal a series and is capable of getting into the WCF.  

A large part of their success has been George Hill, and I'm not sure that he's ready for playoff basketball. Remember that he went to a small school and never played in the NCAA tournament.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i hope so
want to see spurs vs la 1st round as well

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

A large part of their success has been George Hill, and I'm not sure that he's ready for playoff basketball. Remember that he went to a small school and never played in the NCAA tournament.

The Spurs are 25-16 when George Hill starts, 24-15 when he does not. Being that Popovic and the Spurs' big 3 have so much playoff experience, I don't see how George Hill's lack of experience would impede their chances in this year's playoffs. If you want to get technical, Hill played significant minutes in the playoffs last year when the Spurs were eliminated by the Mavs in the 1st round. The Spurs success in this year's playoffs will likely be determined by the health of Tony Parker. If Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, and Hill are all healthy, San Antonio will be a problem as usual.

This is the way the Spurs end
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Not with a bang but a whimper.

Sig check....
pimp.gif

But I do think the Spurs are ripe for a good run in the playoffs...if they don't play LA in the first round.

bijald0331 wrote:
But I do think the Spurs are ripe for a good run in the playoffs...if they don't play LA in the first round.

The way LA is playing they are ASKING for an upset in the 1st round...
*Kobe playing bad
* No Andrew
* LA's bench is
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Last year they had a few games before the end of the year to work Bynum in, but this time he will be thrown into the fire right away. I will say that the Spurs certainly don't look like a typical 6-8 seed right now. I'd much prefer the Blazers or Thunder if I were LA.

If Tony Parker can play at a high level, the Spurs can do damage. Seems like everyone overlooks them every single year.

They're dangerous, but I'm not completely sold. I've been fooled the previous two seasons, so they're going to have to show it before I credit them.

the way the spurs have played as of lately and the way the lakers have played as of lately. the spurs will be a tough challenge in round 1. i doubt they would beat the lakers in a 7 game series though.

any other team in the west dallas, utah, denver, and especially phoenix don't want nothing to do with the spurs in round 1 right now.

I want the Thunder to continue to win today, and the Spurs to fall to 8 and maybe handle LA (do they have the tiebreaker over Portland btw?). If not, OKC win tonight, then the Blazers win the rest of their games and then Spurs lose all their's should drop them to 8

Back
Top Bottom