Does Anybody Else Miss The World Pre 9/11? Vol. I Can't Be The Only One

Oh yeah. I definitely do. Times have really changed. Great post, in spite of narrow minded trolls/idiots who like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

i don't mean to be offensive, but i feel like people MAKE themselves

depressed/sad by doing this. like y'all WANNA be sad. :rolleyes

i think back sometimes on good times, then snap back to the present

and try to make everyday a happy one. because 10 years from now you gone

look back at this time like "i miss it |I "

so that means just live life now. think back on it all when you're on your death bed

or something. HAVE FUN NOW. can you get that time back? NO.

so just live. whatever makes you happy. do that. whatever makes you prosperous

do that.

Last edited:
lol @ people making this an age thing. i feel you OP.

anyone remember the subway before "see something, say something"? now someone forgets a bag behind and the bomb squad is called out, trains delayed, and it makes the news.

You don't have to fully grasp the aspect of the world, to understand it's going into the crapper.

I was 11, not much older then OP. I think America has turned more for the worst at some point in the late 80's, even though I wasn't even born yet. The world more honest up until the late 70's early 80's. This is when companies and corporations took pride, and before they started cutting corners. Lifestyles was more affordable. I hear story's all the time from older folks about how life was back then. Average income allowed people to afford new cars, homes, and all amenities they needed.

Now America is more corrupted then ever. Tryna hustle their citizens for all their money.

Exactly

i don't mean to be offensive, but i feel like people MAKE themselves

depressed/sad by doing this. like y'all WANNA be sad.
eyes.gif

i think back sometimes on good times, then snap back to the present

and try to make everyday a happy one. because 10 years from now you gone

look back at this time like "i miss it
tired.gif
"

so that means just live life now. think back on it all when you're on your death bed

or something. HAVE FUN NOW. can you get that time back? NO.

so just live. whatever makes you happy. do that. whatever makes you prosperous

do that.
So true. My boy and I talk about this all the time. Have to do your best to enjoy the present. Looking back tends to get depressing. It's good to reminisce, but wishing you were still a certain age or in a certain era gets you nowhere.

At the same time, I can relate to what OP had to say because my best memories came from the time leading up to 9/11, probably because I was a kid with no responsibilities or worries.

I was born in 96, I really have no feelings towards the 90s that I wish we had back, except the quality of shoes. :nthat:

Lol @ ragging on youngster about being 8 back then.

I'm sure he sees the degradation of the community... Hell the country as a whole. I was fourteen with no idea how the world worked then and I can see where he's coming from.

What 9/11 really accomplished was bringing fear to the American people. Before that, it was unimaginable that U.S. soil could be infiltrated so easily. People don't feel safe and are always....

Let me stop myself.

Honestly...what it did was shake that "white" american dream. Not to turn this into a race thread....but as a black, its been business as usual. I'm not saying that all white people ain't struggling...but those suburban white folks that was just living that care free 2 kids and a dog riding in the jeep to get ice cream on a Sunday afternoon after the little league softball game feel the hit more than others.

Before the War on Terror there was the Cold War, the Berlin Wall, Vietnam, the Korean War, the draft, kids going through nuclear drills everyday at school in case that was the day the USSR hit us, AIDs, crack, disco, and not to mention segregation and other civil inequalities and injustices. So no, I think I'm just fine living in this decade.

I remember Airport visits being more "romantic" if you will... when dropping someone off you could walk with them into the terminal wait with them for the plane to board, give them a hug, watch the plane taxi, takeoff and then dissappear into the clouds... I miss that very much

I remember Airport visits being more "romantic" if you will... when dropping someone off you could walk with them into the terminal wait with them for the plane to board, give them a hug, watch the plane taxi, takeoff and then dissappear into the clouds... I miss that very much
View media item 641370

Last edited:
Honestly...what it did was shake that "white" american dream. Not to turn this into a race thread....but as a black, its been business as usual. I'm not saying that all white people ain't struggling...but those suburban white folks that was just living that care free 2 kids and a dog riding in the jeep to get ice cream on a Sunday afternoon after the little league softball game feel the hit more than others.
Tell that to muslims living in the US. I'd wager they're the group most shaken.

I don't see why they feel the hit of 9/11 more than others?

Do you not know any Muslims or something?

Man when clinton was in office nobody I mean nobody was broke. Everybody was happy and eating good. Everyone had nicre house and car.

So many jobs. I remember you could quit a job wake up next day still in your boxers and have a job calling you begging to start working.

I remember employees use to hace big vans and drive around and beg people to get in and work for them

Life was good. No background checks on jobs, heck you didn't even need a ID just a ss card

Last edited:
AOL, playstation, go karts, bb guns, sneakers, basketball courts, The Hot Boys, pre-crack DMX, BTNH, Penny Hardaway, cordless phones :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Man when clinton was in office nobody I mean nobody was broke. Everybodu was happy and eating good. Everyone had nicre house and car.

So many jobs. I remember you could quit a job wKe up next day still in your boxers and have a job calling you begging to start working.

I remember employees use to hace big vans and drive around and beg people to get in and work for them

Life was good. No background checks on jobs, heck uou didn't even need a ID just a ss card
WTH 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom