Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

092CA4B4-091E-48DE-ABA9-1A306EAD7730.jpeg

I can smell the Mt dew and Diesel trucks from here.

And this is the questions that has me laughing folks like

“Well what if it was you “

It wouldn’t be me **** I don’t even have that **** with me here in American :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not having weed with you in a foreign country is one thing.

But there are a lot of other banned substances in other countries that are considered legal and completely innocuous in the states... I don't care how careful you people think you are, you could easily end up in a similar situation as Griner by honest mistake.

You can't with 100% certainty say that it wouldn't be you with a substance other than cannabis. Thats pure ignorance/arrogance

But there are a lot of other banned substances in other countries that are considered legal and completely innocuous in the states... I don't care how careful you people think you are, you could easily end up in a similar situation as Griner by honest mistake.

You can't with 100% certainty say that it wouldn't be you with a substance other than cannabis. Thats pure ignorance/arrogance
You're trippin, I can with 100% certainty say I wouldn't "easily" end up in this situation :lol:. Unless shoes, pants, socks, and toothpaste became illegal abroad, there's no chance I'm going to jail.

What banned substances are ya'll traveling with? :smh:

Last edited:
You're trippin., I can with 100% certainty say I wouldn't "easily" end up in this situation :lol:. Unless shoes, pants, socks, and toothpaste became illegal abroad, there's no chance I'm going to jail.

Just for conjecture here is a list of banned books. I typically vacation with at least a couple books.

You can argue semantics all day on this topic either way.

But at the end of the day, if you’re going to another country. Especially another country which has a poor human rights record and doesn’t get along with the country you’re from. You gotta be on top of things completely. Getting jammed up in so much as the slightest of ways opens the door for them to use you for political gain and to try to make an example of you. Like even beyond the getting caught with a vape pen or whatever, being out at a bar or wherever, it’s best to avoid any type of situation even if you gotta go above and beyond to avoid it.

Nothing wrong with playing ball in Russia or any other country for that matter if that’s where the money is at. Ideally if you’re going to play in a country with a poor human rights track record, you want to play in one where either money talks and you can buy your way out of the problem or where they don’t have the resources and don’t want the problems which could come from playing hardball by locking up an American overseas on some petty trivial stuff to where it’ll be trouble than it’s worth for them to try and make an example in a scenario like this.

She got a raw deal and was the victim of some bs between Russia and the US which has nothing to do with her. She also should’ve double and triple checked that bag while taking every precaution possible given the climate. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

You're trippin., I can with 100% certainty say I wouldn't "easily" end up in this situation :lol:. Unless shoes, pants, socks, and toothpaste became illegal abroad, there's no chance I'm going to jail.

Like I said, arrogance.

The man mentioned things as harmless as books are banned with severe penalties yet here you are denying even the possibility.

:emoji_rolling_eyes:

and guess what, Joe Biden and no one on twitter gonna be there to help you either

people need to stop being stupid snd do some research before going to the airport to get on a plane even on a domestic flight

can't fix stupid TBH

Yes bro I would definitely be detained
For a pair of off white 5’s a few pairs of Levi’s some NIKE socks a couple of boxer briefs by Lacoste and white tees

Last edited:
I mean if you wanna be intentionally obtuse and pretend that that's what I'm suggesting, fine.
I mean if that’s the question most people are asking as a talking point it needs to be relatable

Which it is t everybody doesn’t move like that
Not even where it’s legal (which is where I come in ) because I don’t which makes the initial comment of “ well what if that was you” fall flat

I mean if that’s the question most people are asking as a talking point it needs to be relatable

Which it is t everybody doesn’t move like that
Not even where it’s legal (which is where I come in ) because I don’t which makes the initial comment of “ well what if that was you” fall flat

You're not following...

I understand that not everybody uses cannabis and that wouldn't be an issue for them while traveling.

There are other things that people carry with them that can get you incarcerated abroad.

The "if that was you" scenario does not fall flat when you consider that cannabis isn't the only thing people can get in trouble with.

Going beyond cannabis. Had she so much as been speeding, or got into it with someone at a bar where the other side was the aggressor. It could’ve been the most minor of things where it should be a slap on the wrist. It could’ve been her or any other American. Once they saw that it was an American, they were going to try and throw the book at them regardless. Hell she could’ve simply been jaywalking and they would use that as a chance to use an American as a bargaining chip.

You're not following...

I understand that not everybody uses cannabis and that wouldn't be an issue for them while traveling.

There are other things that people carry with them that can get you incarcerated abroad.

The "if that was you" scenario does not fall flat when you consider that cannabis isn't the only thing people can get in trouble with.
Give me the list then
Because I can only speak for me when that question is asked

Give me the list then
Because I can only speak for me when that question is asked

What so you can sit there and sea lion and deny that anything I mention would be applicable to your existence?

The internet is free. If you actually care, which I'm fairly certain that you don't, you can just look it up country by country.

What so you can sit there and sea lion and deny that anything I mention would be applicable to your existence?

The internet is free. If you actually care, which I'm fairly certain that you don't, you can just look it up country by country.
So basically there isn’t any ok gotcha

So like I was saying it just can’t happen to anyone not everyone is carry things like that with them

And I have no clue why you would bring up that example
But once someone ask you to go into more detail I’m the one that’s needs to look it up
***** lol

So basically there isn’t any ok gotcha

So like I was saying it just can’t happen to anyone not everyone is carry things like that with them

And I have no clue why you would bring up that example
But once someone ask you to go into more detail I’m the one that’s needs to look it up
***** lol

you're engaging in a disingenuous manner. No matter what I say you're gonna deny the possibility of you carrying it anywhere on your person. Not to mention the fact that in the same way you don't care about Griner's detention, I don't care about the potential prospects of yours... so the onus isn't on me to provide you with a list that you think doesn't exist, LOL!

stop with the games.

Easy to forget that when Griner left the US in February few people thought Russia was going to actually invade Ukraine despite the warnings. Most felt the US was exaggerating the threat

I did not but it's easy to see how someone who has been traveling to Russia for 8 years and has connections to an oligarch might not feel threatened by the situation

you're engaging in a disingenuous manner. No matter what I say you're gonna deny the possibility of you carrying it anywhere on your person. Not to mention the fact that in the same way you don't care about Griner's detention, I don't care about the potential prospects of yours... so the onus isn't on me to provide you with a list that you think doesn't exist, LOL!

stop with the games.
It’s not disingenuous though it’s people that feel the same way
For some reason you are under the impression everyone is traveling with banned substances with them which isn’t true at all
And you had a clear chance to prove that wrong but you don’t have anything to stand on that at all and that’s ok
You didn’t have any ammo for the argument you tried to have
No one said they didn’t care about here penalty

I said you can’t just ask anyone “well what if it happened to you” because it just can’t happen to anyone

For some reason you are under the impression everyone is traveling with banned substances with them which isn’t true at all

I said you can’t just ask anyone “well what if it happened to you” because it just can’t happen to anyone

No I am not. I never said that everyone is traveling with anything. I simply said the possibility exists that people travel with things that they don't know are banned in different countries. You asked for a list as if I was going to sit here and scour the rules of everywhere to satisfy your overly simplistic and reductive stance.

You made some mention of me not having ammo- bro I don't need ammunition for this argument as you aren't comprehending the basic premise that I set forth.

You have demonstrated to everyone reading this thread that you truly do not understand and are unable to comprehend some very, very basic concepts.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom